Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 21, 2012, 07:21 PM
Quit Chucking My Wood
USA, TX, Amarillo
Joined Dec 2003
1,263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambientech View Post
What happened with going to a gun show to find good deals? Their prices were about $200 higher on black rifles than B&M stores!! Dave and I went yesterday but I returned today hoping that maybe they would give a little wiggle room being the last day but nope. What a waste of 12 bucks
Looks like Cabela's is having a sale. I picked up an M&P .40 with thumb safety yesterday at my LGS. Shot it this morning, gun works great, I need to work on my groupings, as in get them together in the first place.

Rich
rthorne is offline Find More Posts by rthorne
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2012, 07:40 PM
Central Texas
Joined Jun 2008
4,146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rthorne View Post
Looks like Cabela's is having a sale. I picked up an M&P .40 with thumb safety yesterday at my LGS. Shot it this morning, gun works great, I need to work on my groupings, as in get them together in the first place.

Rich
I rented a M&P.40 at the range and enjoyed shooting it. I have been working on my groups as well and while it is coming along much improvement is needed
ambientech is offline Find More Posts by ambientech
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:55 PM
3D Wanna Be
Oahu, Hawaii
Joined Jul 2009
3,296 Posts
If you guys haven't heard, Eddie had a stroke a few days ago....get well soon brother!
sk8rob is offline Find More Posts by sk8rob
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:04 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rob View Post
If you guys haven't heard, Eddie had a stroke a few days ago....get well soon brother!
Whaaat? Get well Eddie!
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:23 PM
Awsome 2.5D Pilot.
Foxfire Village, NC
Joined Nov 2003
1,436 Posts
Holy cow!! Hang in tough Eddie!!
bigbobed is online now Find More Posts by bigbobed
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:26 PM
3D Wanna Be
Oahu, Hawaii
Joined Jul 2009
3,296 Posts
He's doing okay....he's just staying in the hospital for monitoring.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:28 PM
Joined Sep 2010
168 Posts
Quote:
Do you know if he is in the hospital? and if you do in which one. He just moved and i don't know his new address.
I need to find out to see if he needs any help, I try to call him because i know that he is off from work , i just got his recording, left a message.
By the way how are you doing Rob, we missed you at the Huctober fest

Please let me know if you you can get more information about Eddie so i can contact him.

Thank you

Humberto
hperez is offline Find More Posts by hperez
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:30 PM
3D Wanna Be
Oahu, Hawaii
Joined Jul 2009
3,296 Posts
I'm not sure what hospital he's in, but you can call him and leave a message. I think he gets up to walk around, but most of the time his phone doesn't have reception.

I'm good Humberto. I really wish I coulda made it to oktoberfest...new home needed furniture instead
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:34 PM
Ta-dah!
Texas
Joined May 2007
4,462 Posts
Get well soon Eddie!
blakevan is offline Find More Posts by blakevan
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:36 PM
Central Texas
Joined Jun 2008
4,146 Posts
When I talked to him he said he is probably going to get released today. Give him a call or text he will get back to you.
ambientech is offline Find More Posts by ambientech
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:49 PM
Joined Sep 2010
168 Posts
Quote:
I'm not sure what hospital he's in, but you can call him and leave a message. I think he gets up to walk around, but most of the time his phone doesn't have reception.

I'm good Humberto. I really wish I coulda made it to oktoberfest...new home needed furniture instead
Yes, first things first, Home is more important than any thing else.

I had call Eddie twice, I'll start calling the Austin hospitals.

Humberto
hperez is offline Find More Posts by hperez
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:52 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,012 Posts
Quote:
When I talked to him he said he is probably going to get released today. Give him a call or text he will get back to you.
Don't have his phone number
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Oct 22, 2012, 02:28 PM
United States, CO, Centennial
Joined Feb 2010
143 Posts
Quote:
What happened with going to a gun show to find good deals? Their prices were about $200 higher on black rifles than B&M stores!! Dave and I went yesterday but I returned today hoping that maybe they would give a little wiggle room being the last day but nope. What a waste of 12 bucks
Likely the same thing that happened to every other mom and pop business. The internet. Gun shows these days are more about finding that rare piece or just people watching.

I went to the Saxet show on Sat. Wish I knew you guys were there. I was disappointed all around. Didn't find anything I was looking for and the knife supply guy didn't come this time.
DaleH is online now Find More Posts by DaleH
Old Oct 22, 2012, 02:43 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleH View Post
Likely the same thing that happened to every other mom and pop business. The internet. Gun shows these days are more about finding that rare piece or just people watching.
I agree, I use to go to a lot of them in Houston. Worse weather, the better(what else to do). It's been a while but the last time I went I was selling. Sold 3 NIB Mak-90 (around the ban sometime when market was flooded). Sold 1 while in line getting a ticket. All this to buy my tractor...pre plane days.

And the Internet? Last time I sold something nice(a pair of mint Rem 600 mag, laminated stock and vent rib..collected those for a while, 600 was my first rifle) anyway one in 6.5mag and the other in 350 mag. Got top dollar to a dealer who wanted to keep them after I posted them on the internet. He paid for the shipping, sent me cases to pack them in. All on paypal!

I use to be big in guns and then figured out with 20 rifles, I was hunting with 2 about 99% of the time. Sold the rest along with the dies. I still reload for what I have. Hmmm, same with planes, getting down to that 3-4-5 and being happy.
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Oct 22, 2012, 03:42 PM
I AM Smiling
Joined Dec 2007
372 Posts
Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery, Eddie! You're in my prayers.
DeadStick Dave is offline Find More Posts by DeadStick Dave