Old Sep 21, 2012, 05:33 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elixir220 View Post
Rich

a word of caution, its possible someone might take offense to your "sour grapes" comment. that someone with sour grapes would that individuals name rhyme with pyro?

me personally i have not joined sour grapes because like you i currently dont have much use for them either, not in terms of technical information regarding our aircraft. whats even more curious is a chunk of them including a moderator is still very active on rcgroups. i wonder why that is
I'm active on both forums, because I like both forums, and, I also have many friends on both forums.Many have joined "the other forum" some have not, so to talk to those that have not, I am on both forums.....does that answer the question???

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SteveT.; Sep 21, 2012 at 06:08 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:07 PM
Foam on the range
Cedar Park, TX
Joined Sep 2006
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motor12 View Post
Not to change the subject,but Saturday looks great i am going to head to TT to fly my 57 in the morning. the good flying weather is here....
You're right about the weather; would like to join you but have plans for Saturday. Aiming for Sunday instead. Don't use up all the good weather.
tryharder is offline Find More Posts by tryharder
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:36 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
I'm active on both forums and hope I get to keep my fake Guerrilla status!!! I know where my roots are but change is ok too if you want if,if not,the it wont be good. Make sense?
Wish I could come to another fly in in tex with you guys..Holy crap that was fun cple years ago..
I gotta be murdered to the same woman from now on,but not the same plane or forum hehehehe
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:14 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
I'm active on both forums, because I like both forums, and, I also have many friends on both forums.Many have joined "the other forum" some have not, so to talk to those that have not, I am on both forums.....does that answer the question???

SteveT
well your an admin and/or co-owner from what I was told. I think there is 4 of yall right? of course you are on it. I'm actually a member, made a few posts. but I found the forum isn't that easy to move around, some things don't seem to work right. I check in from time to time but it's enough to keep up with one as it is. and then yalls passwords got hacked????

but personally I have nothing against the new site. Best of luck and all. I'll be there from time to time. like maybe tonight while my wife watches house hunters.
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:28 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
well your an admin and/or co-owner from what I was told. I think there is 4 of yall right? of course you are on it. I'm actually a member, made a few posts. but I found the forum isn't that easy to move around, some things don't seem to work right. I check in from time to time but it's enough to keep up with one as it is. and then yalls passwords got hacked????

but personally I have nothing against the new site. Best of luck and all. I'll be there from time to time. like maybe tonight while my wife watches house hunters.
Nope...not a co-owner, just the head moderator. But yes, there are now three co-owners.

As to being hard to navigate....make suggestions to Snowdog, HKC3 or Gyro as to what needs changed. And a lot of things have been fixed that were a bit "buggy", but as with anything, new things take time to evolve...

As to being hacked, no, that forum was not hacked RCG was....

However, this is not that forum, this is RCG, so back to the regularly scheduled thread......

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:33 PM
Go guerrilla
Austin, TX
Joined Jul 2005
4,899 Posts
Can we just talk about the weather? or titties? or vaping? or hell I dunno, airplanes? Can't we all just get along???

JV
jfv61 is offline Find More Posts by jfv61
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:50 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
As to being hacked, no, that forum was not hacked RCG was....
not sure why gary would send me an email from the new site about this site.

but ok...
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:13 PM
Foam Is Where The Heart Is.
Austin, Tx
Joined Feb 2009
668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfv61 View Post
Can we just talk about the weather? or titties? or vaping? or hell I dunno, airplanes? Can't we all just get along???

JV
So I love titties and airplanes. If we could only find a way to merge the two. I know it is a shot in the dark but is anyone going to the Alliance Air Show?
homiefoamie is offline Find More Posts by homiefoamie
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:15 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
not sure why gary would send me an email from the new site about this site.

but ok...
Here is the email I received from RCG....

Quote:
RCGroups Password Security Notice

11 September, 2012

We are recently aware of a security breach which may result in the disclosure of user information, including email addresses and encrypted passwords.

While users with a password that is not easily guessed have less reason to be concerned, we nonetheless recommend that all RCGroups users change their passwords immediately. You can find some guidelines on what constitutes a strong password here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passwo...rong_passwords (For the nerds out there, the passwords were hashed with a per-user salt, meaning that each password would need to be deciphered individually.)

If you used the same password for RCGroups as for your email account, this is a no-no, and we recommend you immediately change your email account password as well. It is a bad idea to share passwords between any two accounts, so please use this opportunity to make sure you aren't doing that.

Please note that RCGroups will NEVER email you to ask for your password. Always be careful clicking links within emails, even if it appears that those emails came from us, as it is possible that the bad guys are trying to trick you.

We're sorry for any inconvenience. We've taken steps to prevent this from happening in the future. We will keep you updated if we learn anything else that could be of value to you.

The RCGroups Labs
SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:17 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,674 Posts
Well I'm off to mess up some wikipedia entries
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Sep 22, 2012, 07:42 AM
Awsome 2.5D Pilot.
Foxfire Village, NC
Joined Nov 2003
1,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elixir220 View Post
oh Mr Thorne and Mike i got a special secret sauce for you two
I can hardly wait.
bigbobed is offline Find More Posts by bigbobed
Old Sep 22, 2012, 08:36 AM
The RED filters through
Rendon, TX
Joined Feb 2007
1,959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by homiefoamie View Post
So I love titties and airplanes. If we could only find a way to merge the two. I know it is a shot in the dark but is anyone going to the Alliance Air Show?
I'll be doing both the Huckfest and Alliance. Whew, gonna be a long weekend. My boss is getting tickets in the Show Center area on Sunday. I'm very excited. And it's my birthday that week!

Oh yeah, titties... LOVE titties... I gotta try and work those into that weekend too...
RedTalon is offline Find More Posts by RedTalon
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:19 AM
Foam Is Where The Heart Is.
Austin, Tx
Joined Feb 2009
668 Posts
Cool, maybe I will bump into you at Alliance. Im staying in Ft. Worth a couple days to enjoy the whole event. I wanna see the Pearl Harbor Re-enactment.
homiefoamie is offline Find More Posts by homiefoamie
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:24 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfv61 View Post

JV
Im up ( pun intended) for titty talk.
Planes be ok too.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Sep 22, 2012, 01:04 PM
Awsome 2.5D Pilot.
Foxfire Village, NC
Joined Nov 2003
1,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
Im up ( pun intended) for titty talk.