SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:50 AM
Living a Dream
Winsen (Aller) Germany
Joined Oct 2003
4,137 Posts
Bob, this was the 4. time I was flying over your house and we haven't come togeather. What about Las Vegas 2013?
HJ
Hans-Joachim is offline Find More Posts by Hans-Joachim
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:24 AM
5,200 Led Lighted Bike-Bob P.
USA, MA, Swansea
Joined Mar 2003
2,880 Posts
Hello Traveling Man, Hans J.
I follow you all over the internet. I read all I can with Captain J. also. You are very adventurous. I must say you are quite the man singing "Country Roads" so well. Not only that, you did so much good footage filming J's C-119 Stinger and his A-H1 Skyraider. You are so fortunate to make the trip and have all that fun. I suppose you are still doing plenty of flying at home with your son with your light weight warplanes. You have made so many nice plans and aircraft too. I hope some time to see more.

I could only wish I could have gone to Vegas. It is maybe 2,400 miles from my home. Years ago I took a couple trips on my Honda Goldwing across country. I logged in over 10K miles on one trip and 8K on the other. One other I drove dragging a bike behind on a trailerI and MC to Montana. It is something most people should try to do by using any means if they could in there lifetime. I know you saw some glimpses of the USA on the highways. it is off the highways that the real USA shines in rural America. One can only dream to have that time to do it. I am following a German couple that has been doing just that in a motorhome 6 months a year for the last 6 years. I think they are almost done now.

But those traveling days are in my past now. I could only wish someday to meet with you and J. You guys are the best I have found on the foam built RC Groups threads. You both are Mentors and influence our thoughts and encourage us all to give it a go. Yes, we can can do a plane if we try.. Start out with small steps and the big steps will follow. Just look at what you both produced. It just keeps on getting better with each plane that is built.
Thanks for your contibutions to the hobby.
Cheers my friend,
**Neons** Bob
**neons** is offline Find More Posts by **neons**
Old Feb 27, 2013, 01:40 AM
Making a Dynam Razorback Snafu
Joined Apr 2006
4,588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by **neons** View Post
Here is a collection of my final picture series. Just about every angle. The markings and paint scheme are from a few different planes. So the paint schemes are not totally correct. I know that already. I know we have History people in the threads. The plane is not a true scale model. Enjoy the pictures. I may be able to answer any questions you may have.
**Neons** Bob
Beautiful! I will use as inspiration for my BF-109 from FMS.
Tartago is offline Find More Posts by Tartago
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:00 AM
USA, MA, Swansea
Joined Mar 2003
2,880 Posts
Tartago,
Glad you enjoyed the build and finish. I spent plenty of time on this plane. I look at it every time I work in my shop. I love the plane also. Such nice lines and beauty. I hope you can also build a great plane with the inspiration. Even if it does not come out as well it will be a prize to behold. I am sure you can make it a real beauty too. Good luck
**Neons** Bob
Old Feb 27, 2013, 07:13 PM
Making a Dynam Razorback Snafu
Joined Apr 2006
4,588 Posts
Thank you Bob. I'll do my best.
Tartago is offline Find More Posts by Tartago
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:21 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,455 Posts
I read this whole thread Bob now get back to building seaplanes before people start to talk ! Lmao joe
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:41 PM
USA, MA, Swansea
Joined Mar 2003
2,880 Posts
Joe,
You are right. I should build another. It is already deep into flying season though. I am doing a lot of flying. Club events are here soon also. I usually pack a dozen plane in my truck and spend 5-6 hours trying to get a flight or two on each one. I try to fly 3 days a week. I am deep into building a 1/4 scale Proctor Neiuport 28 and more than half done also. I just cannot seem to get ahead on it while I am flying so much. I am also flying a couple Quads and a new Tricopter. Very busy doing what RC fliers are supposed to be doing. Happy you enjoyed reading this big thread here.
**Neons**Bob
Old Jun 20, 2013, 10:59 AM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by **neons** View Post
Joe,
You are right. I should build another. It is already deep into flying season though. I am doing a lot of flying. Club events are here soon also. I usually pack a dozen plane in my truck and spend 5-6 hours trying to get a flight or two on each one. I try to fly 3 days a week. I am deep into building a 1/4 scale Proctor Neiuport 28 and more than half done also. I just cannot seem to get ahead on it while I am flying so much. I am also flying a couple Quads and a new Tricopter. Very busy doing what RC fliers are supposed to be doing. Happy you enjoyed reading this big thread here.
**Neons**Bob
I did enjoy the thread and all the builds ,plus your 109 was great . Iam back to balsa now but might try a foam 109 next year it looks like a nice build. I have been flying alot also but gave up waiting for a calm wind day so flyiing in 10 to 20 winds . I have not decided what to build after my twin otter but my albatross seaplane plans have been calling me from the corner of my shop. Good luck on the flying Bob and your next build. joe
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Old Jun 21, 2014, 10:36 PM
Argentina, Corrientes
Joined Jan 2009
314 Posts
thank you for this excelent plans... this is my build... 40 inch WS 460gr. AUW.. 3 blade prop gws 9x5 30amp esc and 1500mah 3s batery.... flies great and good look in the air
AMARILLO1978 is offline Find More Posts by AMARILLO1978
Old Jun 22, 2014, 08:16 AM
USA, MA, Swansea
Joined Mar 2003
2,880 Posts
Very nice. You did a nice paint scheme also. I agree it must look great flying.
**Neons** Bob
Old Jun 22, 2014, 01:59 PM
I'm Hungarian in Essex. UK
Joined Sep 2008
412 Posts
Can you show more pictures of her please? She looks good!!!
shotibf109 is offline Find More Posts by shotibf109
Old Jun 22, 2014, 08:55 PM
Argentina, Corrientes
Joined Jan 2009
314 Posts
toady´s flight... windy conditions....

me-109f foamy (1 min 53 sec)

I have some building process pictures
AMARILLO1978 is offline Find More Posts by AMARILLO1978
Old Jun 22, 2014, 09:01 PM
Argentina, Corrientes
Joined Jan 2009