SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 14, 2008, 12:05 AM
what it do everybody?
a swamp naturally
Joined Mar 2008
664 Posts
Help!
My a-4 bounces on landing

Having a hard time landing this jet. I use up the whole runway and drop altitude a few inches at a time to come in as soft as possible - almost like a touch and go without the so much throttle. I keep some throttle until I'm less then a foot off the ground. But as soon as the wheels hit the ground, it'll sometimes bounce up and then float for a foot or two and then nose into the ground, which bends my nose gear, and once broke the nose clean off. Out of 8 flights, I think I've only managed to stick the landing about half the time. I've already replaced the landing gear once with 2mm wire and here is how it sits.

I can touch down soft with no bounce on my edf belly landers. But this jet does have some weight at 1200g or 2.5lbs. Should I do full elevator down as soon as the wheels hit the ground? Or should I make the wing landing gear sit a lot lower then the nose?
zaskarkid is offline Find More Posts by zaskarkid
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2008, 12:27 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,444 Posts
you need to keep it nose high on touch down...if the nose gear hits before/same time as the mains, youll probably bounce...touch down on the mains first, and try to hold the nose off. this should get rid of the bounce. youll have to land with some power on, and nose high.
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Aug 14, 2008, 11:54 PM
I'm goin' Falcon nuts
White Salmon, Wa
Joined Oct 2003
2,588 Posts
Your A4 is skipping because it's happy that it looks so good!
Nice plane.

RCA
RCAV8R13 is offline Find More Posts by RCAV8R13
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: UMX ASK 21 with EDF pod