HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 21, 2008, 11:54 PM
Chino
Joined Aug 2008
364 Posts
Temple Hill Carnage

Today me, matt and my buddy eric went up to Temple around 5. Lift was insane and probably one of the best flying days I have had up at Temple this season. Wind was blowing a solid 20 or so and we were getting some high speed runs out of our wings compared to normal. Lift was so good we flew till it was dark which was a pleasant change cause things havent been to good lately. My buddy eric decided to combat his custom home built balsa which made for a blast. He got 5 kills on me and matt then finally I gave him the death blow. I love balsa carnage hahaha. Is everyone still on for thursday now that Matt Hans left for school?

Also-FYI I went to wal-mart and bought two sets of led glow sticks so maybe we can try some nite flying on thursday if anyone is down. They are only like 2.50ea and we can tape them on our wings. They do it up at little mountain. If anyone is down maybe they can go pick up a set. Let me know.

Matt
Think4WD is online now Find More Posts by Think4WD
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2008, 12:27 AM
marc W
Joined Jul 2008
48 Posts
Hey Matt We still do Thursdays for sure until time change then may try some of that night time action. Working on a night flyer and may just have try to do a few more weekend trips. Hard for me usually working on my house over the weekends and Gregg usually busy with his family. Gregg tried flying his Zagi at little mountain with these light sticks added on it really changed his cg made it pretty hard to fly with cg being off and getting used to the darkness. Bring weights to rebalance your plane install the glow stick and balance it before it gets dark! Should be a lot of fun
Marc
mewhitlock is offline Find More Posts by mewhitlock
Old Sep 22, 2008, 12:41 AM
marc W
Joined Jul 2008
48 Posts
Matt here are couple pics of planes flying at night. We took them a couple weeks ago at little mountain
Old Sep 23, 2008, 12:29 AM
Chino
Joined Aug 2008
364 Posts
Hey Marc
I couldnt find any of the blue glow sticks at the wal-mart by my house, you know where I can get any? If any of you guys find them let me know and if u get them Ill pay u back. See you thursday hope lift is as good as it was on Saturday!!!!
Old Sep 23, 2008, 12:33 AM
San Dimas, 40 km east of Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2002
1,332 Posts
Try Dollar Tree Store in San Dimas.
SW corner of San Dimas Ave & Bonita Ave.
Halloween is coming and the store carries many glow sticks & necklaces.
ktoey is offline Find More Posts by ktoey
Old Sep 23, 2008, 12:56 AM
Chino
Joined Aug 2008
364 Posts
Ktoey want a ride up on thursday?
Old Sep 23, 2008, 03:02 PM
marc W
Joined Jul 2008
48 Posts
Gregg just bought a bag of 15 small glow sticks for $5 at Walmart, perfect sized for taping on your wing. Mixed colors in bag. The lights on John's plane were not glow sticks they are battery powered lights.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 05:14 PM
Chino
Joined Aug 2008
364 Posts
Yea i bought the same led ones as john i just cant find blue. My wing is so light the glow sticks should help it haha. Is greg gonna bring them up on thursday?
Old Sep 23, 2008, 05:19 PM
Chino
Joined Aug 2008
364 Posts
Hey Elmog(Jim)
What time u going up on thursday? Also you gonna bring the balsa again?

PS I talked to the guy on ebay and the locator he had is a no go for 2.4. Imma try and email another guy i know of if i can find his email address
Old Sep 23, 2008, 06:13 PM
Joined Sep 2002
1,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4WD
Ktoey want a ride up on thursday?
Thanks but I have a doctor appointment in the afternoon.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 12:44 AM
Chino
Joined Aug 2008
364 Posts
When do u wanna try and go up there you think?
Old Sep 24, 2008, 06:03 PM
Anaheim, CA
Joined Sep 2007
556 Posts
Matt-

Thanks for looking for the lost aircraft locator. I'm not sure why some don't work with 2.4. I will not be able to make it to Temple Hill tomorrow but will try to get up there next week. Hope you have a good time if you go, tho!

Jim
Elmog is offline Find More Posts by Elmog
Old Sep 24, 2008, 11:27 PM
Joined Sep 2002
1,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4WD
When do u wanna try and go up there you think?

Next Thursday.

Thanks
Old Sep 24, 2008, 11:50 PM
Chino
Joined Aug 2008
364 Posts
Jim
How much longer till we can start flying at the spot down in the OC you told me about?
Old Sep 26, 2008, 08:02 PM
marc W
Joined Jul 2008
48 Posts
You guys missed out on a great evening of flying. The wind was a little strange changing up in the 5 to 7 time frame but got fantastic as sunset approached and for our night flying. Used glow sticks on wings worked great! Brought Prairie Dog for Jim but he was a no show. McMatt showed after dark to do some night flying getting off school early. We will start doingWednesdays due to McMatt's new school schedule.