SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 24, 2009, 04:24 PM
Slope,Golf,Slopesomemore
Yorba Linda
Joined Nov 2008
38 Posts
TH on Sunday

Things were howlin' up there Sunday! Only about 4 or 5 of us up there. DCairns had his 4 meter(?) sail plane up there and it was an awesome sight.

We had our wings waaaaaay up there with some really decent thermals at one point in time. The wind shifted once or twice where we had to set em down for a few minutes but I ended up flying from about 3:30 to almost 7 o'clock. I had to make up for lost time.

But it was good to see Matt and Warren up there and DCairns. My friend Lewis came up from San Clemente and he managed a few pretty good kills..the rat ba@#$$rd ! Every time I "killed" him I went down, although I did "scare" him out of the sky once. And I managed to hit him in the arm at speed with his own wing! And my P-51 apparently mistook Warrens truck for a bogey once... Sorry Warren. It was a dead center kamikaze on the roof. Guess that's what happens when I don't get out and fly for a couple of months.

I am planning on being out this Thursday if the wind cooperates. According to the reports it's supposed to be 240 degrees most of the day with the wind picking up big around 5pm. So I hope that holds. It will be good to get back out with the TH gang again
CharlieFoxtrot is offline Find More Posts by CharlieFoxtrot
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2009, 06:43 PM
Chino
Joined Aug 2008
627 Posts
Hey CharlieFoxTrot, nice pics and report. Do you fly Temple Often or it sounds like maybe you used to? Also are you, Warren and DCairns friends? We also love more people up on Thursdays, just makes for an even more fun time. Hope to meet you then and make sure you bring that wing!!!!
Think4WD is offline Find More Posts by Think4WD
Old Mar 25, 2009, 12:45 AM
Anaheim, CA
Joined Sep 2007
556 Posts
Keeping an eye on the weather. Hope it's good for Thursday. So far it looks like SSW 5 to 10.
Elmog is offline Find More Posts by Elmog
Old Mar 25, 2009, 06:34 AM
Chino
Joined Aug 2008
627 Posts
Another beautiful thursday coming!!!!

Sounds good to me!!!!!!!
Old Mar 25, 2009, 01:14 PM
San Dimas, 40 km east of Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2002
1,346 Posts
I passed TH yesterday ( Tues ) on the way to work - the flags on top of the Shilo Inn were pointing west ( off shore ).
Coming back from work ( around 4:30 ) they were limp - no wind at all and I saw no one on the hill. Apparently yesterday was a transition day from Santa Ana condition to regular onshore wind.
Tomorrow should be good.
Unfortunately I have to work !.
ktoey is offline Find More Posts by ktoey
Old Mar 25, 2009, 02:52 PM
Brea CA
Joined Aug 2006
318 Posts
T.h.f.

Tomorrow sounds good if the wind is up. I hope you guys can make it. It would be good to see you all again.
Warren Peterson is offline Find More Posts by Warren Peterson
Old Mar 25, 2009, 06:13 PM
Chino
Joined Aug 2008
627 Posts
We are always there on thurs Warren don't worry. I even go if the wind sucks haha and just brave it out.

Hey Ktoey, where do you work at?
Old Mar 25, 2009, 06:40 PM
Joined Sep 2002
1,346 Posts
I work for Boeing in Anaheim and live in San Dimas.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 10:20 PM
Slope,Golf,Slopesomemore
Yorba Linda
Joined Nov 2008
38 Posts
Hey Think4WD and ElmoG,
I've briefly met Warren and DC before while up at the hill. I've probably met you too as well, but with all these RCGroup 'handles' I sometimes forget some peoples real names! my name is dan mcneilly if that rings any bells. Yes, I used to be at TH pretty much every Wed or Thu whenever the group was up there Mewhitlock and greygoosegregg etc.. Before that I used to be up there with a Wanderer and then I was out of flying for a couple years and just got back into it last year and ended up meeting all the mid week boys. I was working out of the house so I could run up there anytime but now I'm back down in newport so it's tough for me to get out midweek So I'm looking foward to tomorrow and hope the winds are with us.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 10:28 PM
Joined Sep 2002
1,346 Posts
On the way home from work, I pass TH around 5pm.
The flags on Shilo inn were fluttering in the right direction.
So.. tomorrow should be good.
I saw a flyer retrieving his plane from the slope.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 10:40 PM
Slope,Golf,Slopesomemore
Yorba Linda
Joined Nov 2008
38 Posts
Sounds great!! If you're passin' by at 5 you should come up.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 10:58 PM
Joined Sep 2002
1,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Sounds great!! If you're passin' by at 5 you should come up.
Unfortunately at this time I am dealing with a medical condition and I may not drive. I carpool with a neighbor to work.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 02:06 AM
Chino
Joined Aug 2008
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktoey
Unfortunately at this time I am dealing with a medical condition and I may not drive. I carpool with a neighbor to work.
Have him drop you off sometime and Ill give u a ride up the hill and home!!
Old Mar 26, 2009, 02:09 AM
Chino
Joined Aug 2008
627 Posts
Handles

Yea I agree Dan(CharlieFoxTrot) it can be confusing mixing the internet handles with the real names. If you used to come up midweek Im guessing Ill remember your face. I think we need nametags or something hahaha or put our handles on our wings in vinyl!!
Old Mar 26, 2009, 02:32 AM
New RC Addict
So Cal
Joined Mar 2009
4 Posts
Hi everyone, I am new to the slope scene but I was at Temple with Think4WD a couple Thursdays ago to check it out. Since then, I have been building a wing of my own and will be flying it for the first time tomorrow. I look forward to seeing you guys again and possibly meeting a few new people as well! See you all tomorrow.

-Tom
(_8(I) is offline Find More Posts by (_8(I)