HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 10, 2008, 06:22 PM
boating addict
Coral Springs, FL
Joined May 2008
224 Posts
I don't know if you really want to join this club. Do you want to drive an hour or more? Maybe we can move it a bit south of where I was planning. If that's okay with Jay though then we'd love to have another member in this club. I still don't understand why there aren't more of us down here on the east coast of Florida.
trawlerlover is offline Find More Posts by trawlerlover
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2008, 10:46 PM
Born to be free
undefined
Joined Sep 2004
413 Posts
I know there are some sailboat guys sailing at Vista View Park (I-75 and Griffin Rd) might be an opportunity to get some of them involved or vice versa. Those nitro guys at Markham Park, if they would let us sail, could also be an option with lots of exposure to spark interest. The both park authorities are already okay with R/C. Wouldn't mind driving to either one of these a few times a month but please don't move on the count of me though.

Don't want to hijack this thread but... you know what's sad? Having grow up in Germany mostly in the 70's and having visited many municipal parks in various cities around the country, almost every major city has a active model ship club in one of their parks. Loved watching more than a dozen of ships and sailboats on the lake every time we went to one of the parks on the weekend.

Regards,
Tom
tommyt is offline Find More Posts by tommyt
Old Oct 11, 2008, 07:23 AM
boating addict
Coral Springs, FL
Joined May 2008
224 Posts
I'll have to go google Vista View, but it sounds pretty nice. I've alreay looked at Markham Park, they're mainly for go-fast boats. They have no docks and you bring your boat in onto the rocks. If you've taken a look at some of the pictures on their website they really aren't for scale boats. It really doesn't matter if we move because of you. We want all of our [3] members (which includes me) to be happy with the lake. We're mainly moving though because we really haven't chosen a place. I'll PM you the previous place we chose but we couldn't even get in contact with the city.

I wish I grew up where you did, it sounds really nice to see all the models running. Well sometime we'll get this club up and running. Also its not hijacking because you're talking with the one who started the thread . By the way Jay are you still on the forums and getting my PMs?
Old Oct 13, 2008, 12:21 PM
jayman
Joined May 2007
309 Posts
Sorry that I have not replied earlier but I have been away for a while. Yes, I am still interested and have sent trawlerlover a PM today.
Jay Hargest is offline Find More Posts by Jay Hargest
Old Oct 13, 2008, 03:09 PM
boating addict
Coral Springs, FL
Joined May 2008
224 Posts
Jay I just replied to you, but what about using the lake at Vista View Park.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 02:00 PM
jayman
Joined May 2007
309 Posts
Yes, Vista View would work. That is a park where they allow model planes.
I am fighting a cold right now but hope to be better by the weekend. Regards, Jay
Old Oct 15, 2008, 02:19 PM
boating addict
Coral Springs, FL
Joined May 2008
224 Posts
Yeah after I took a look at the lake I went over and watched the guys fly planes. How about we all see if we can meet Saturday 25th (not this coming Saturday) at Vista View. That way Jay has some time to get better.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 03:20 PM
Born to be free
undefined
Joined Sep 2004
413 Posts
Saturday the 25th works for me. Keep me posted.

Tom
Old Oct 15, 2008, 08:00 PM
boating addict
Coral Springs, FL
Joined May 2008
224 Posts
Cool, what time would be good for you? I'm free the entire day.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 09:32 PM
Born to be free
undefined
Joined Sep 2004
413 Posts
Hey guys,

I can be free all day as well, but suggest meeting in the morning maybe around 10am. Mind you I won't have anything to run but can bring my Robbe Schuetze to show. Remember, I need inspiration to finally build the darn thing.

BTW, I work every other weekend but the 25th is my weekend off.

Tom
Old Oct 16, 2008, 03:10 PM
boating addict
Coral Springs, FL
Joined May 2008
224 Posts
I was thinking around 10 or 11 too. I can be down by then, how 'bout you Jay? I guess if you're bringing something, then I'll bring the Carol Moran (finished). Seeing a finished boat running should inspire you to keep working. I won't bring the Chris Craft though, it's staying home until it looks decent (or until it's finished). It must be hard to work on weekends. I somtimes spend a couple of hours (maybe 6 or 7 or less last weekend) working on homework and that really annoys me.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 01:47 PM
boating addict
Coral Springs, FL
Joined May 2008
224 Posts
Hey Jay, can you be at Vista View at 10 am on the 25th? If not, would 11 be better?
Old Oct 19, 2008, 08:41 PM
jayman
Joined May 2007
309 Posts
Sorry, have been away for a bit. Yes, Vista View this next Saturday, 25 Oct would work. How about 11:00 AM. That would be good.
Let me know. Regards, Jay
Old Oct 20, 2008, 02:49 PM
boating addict
Coral Springs, FL
Joined May 2008
224 Posts
11 will be fine with me. It would probably be a bit better. By the way, which boat will you be bringing Jay?
Old Oct 20, 2008, 09:20 PM
jayman
Joined May 2007
309 Posts
I'll have a revell Flower Class corvette. We'll see how it goes.