Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 29, 2013, 03:30 PM
The world in foam & tissue
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2010
614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGTalon View Post
I think you should offer your services to do custom cockpit skins for people. They trim off the generic one and you supply the custom one ... for a fee of course.

I wonder how much people would be willing to pay for that service?
I don't know. If they do pay for it, I don't think they should have to trim off anything. I would add their face in the helmet and their name and choice of call sign for under the canopy and print it with their skin set. I would need a head shot of them at a bit of an angle, just so you can see both of their eyes. My skins turned out dark so I will be lightening the canopy color up a bit.
That reminds me, I need yours first!
Rasterize is offline Find More Posts by Rasterize
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2013, 03:34 PM
SG Talon... Super Genius.
Lenox, Michigan
Joined Nov 2005
3,135 Posts
You mean like this?
SGTalon is offline Find More Posts by SGTalon
Old Aug 29, 2013, 03:45 PM
Joined May 2010
614 Posts
Good angle, just loose the helmet. I already have that ready to go.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 03:58 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,339 Posts
Beautiful job on the build and skins Rasterize! Does the skin kit come with the gun skins? This feature should be incorporated into the kit.

Ken
dz1sfb is online now Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Old Aug 29, 2013, 04:19 PM
Joined May 2010
614 Posts
Thank you Ken!
You know, one of these days I'm going to lay off the space stuff and just do your WWII planes. Just don't tell Dennis!
Skins for the Guns are done as are the landing skid graphics. We just need the front removable "display skid" formalized for the kit. I can send you the plans for the gun and the skid graphics to work from in the morning. Looks like my evening just got very busy.
I must say that building from one of the cut kits makes things so much easier and fun!
Old Aug 29, 2013, 10:45 PM
When pigs fly rc
USA, NY, Chester
Joined Apr 2008
2,426 Posts
Rasterize
That is one amazing spacecraft !!!
Rich
rcrich is online now Find More Posts by rcrich
Old Sep 07, 2013, 05:55 AM
"We gave them the bird...."
Australia, SA, Athelstone
Joined Jan 2011
1,521 Posts
I have just come in on the tail end of this and all I can say is WOW! Well done Rasterize!

I have had a similar idea but would like to flesh it out into a full fuse and drop an EDF in the guts somewhere to have it more realistic. I have a 70mm EDF out of a downed bird that needs a new home - thinking of depron/balsa maybe...?

Anyone gone the distance on this and report of any findings as to if it works out OK or not?

Thanks in advance

Ben
BennyT is online now Find More Posts by BennyT
Old Sep 07, 2013, 11:24 AM
Lenox, Michigan
Joined Nov 2005
3,135 Posts
Hey Benny,

One of my friends tried to do an EDF of it about 5 years ago and it didn't work out. But EDF performance is light years ahead of where it was back then.

THere is also the issue of the entire front fuse is wing area for my design. I think that is part of what makes it work.

As soon as Raster ships me some skins so i can test everything, i will be releasing this as a kit.
Old Sep 07, 2013, 03:06 PM
Joined May 2010
614 Posts
Quote:
As soon as Raster ships me some skins so i can test everything, i will be releasing this as a kit.
Still waiting for the non-helmeted head shot. You got time. A least a week or so before I can work on them. I'm in full NEAT countdown mode! Packing starts tonight! Not much computer time planned.
Old Sep 08, 2013, 06:50 AM
"We gave them the bird...."
Australia, SA, Athelstone
Joined Jan 2011
1,521 Posts
Quote:
Hey Benny,

One of my friends tried to do an EDF of it about 5 years ago and it didn't work out. But EDF performance is light years ahead of where it was back then.

THere is also the issue of the entire front fuse is wing area for my design. I think that is part of what makes it work.

Hmmmm...? The beginnings of an idea are brewing....
BennyT is online now Find More Posts by BennyT
Old Sep 09, 2013, 12:54 AM
Philippines, Calabarzon, Imus City
Joined Feb 2013
74 Posts
Battery position

Hi to all

I got interested with this built but i was thinking where is the battery will be positioned, as mentioned in front of the cockfit? Does any one have a picture of a plane already flying with its battery location / position? Hope some one can post a picture it will be a great help, i love to built this classic plane from Star Wars.

Alex
alxb66 is offline Find More Posts by alxb66
Old Oct 01, 2013, 06:57 PM
Joined May 2010
614 Posts
SGTalon Viper

That was fun.
Old Oct 01, 2013, 08:29 PM
Lenox, Michigan
Joined Nov 2005
3,135 Posts
Looks awesome Stevo! I am ready to get this bad boy flying.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 11:18 AM
United States, FL, Ocala
Joined Sep 2011
283 Posts
I am in the process of building this and before I assemble it i would love to know where yall got the skin for it. or can I just print one up from somewhere???
AsSoulsDream is offline Find More Posts by AsSoulsDream
Old Nov 19, 2013, 11:27 AM
Lenox, Michigan
Joined Nov 2005
3,135 Posts
I am working on the Prototype Kit right now that will include the skins. It is a bit smaller than the plans I have posted so the skins probably won't fit your build. So you might have to just go with paint. Sorry.

Once I have everything built and tested I will be selling the kit and skins on my website www.sg-ideas.com