HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:11 AM
Joined Jun 2012
2,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey98four View Post
Hi mate will it interfere with flight control transmitter with 2.4 gig or FPV WITH 5.8 gig. i fly wookong naza and phantom? Thank you.
It is also on the 2.4Ghz range, but doesn't seem to be bothered by other things and if you haven't found it after a while your Aircraft's other batteries will be dead within the hour, but the Loc8tor tag is still active months later. After a few hours it should be the only thing sending a signal, so you can search for days if neccessary, as shown in Jesolins video.

With all the new flyers starting out with the DJI Phantom and almost immediately taking it for long flights with a Hero 3 camera attached, it's one of the best investments they could make.
Brandigan is online now Find More Posts by Brandigan
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:15 PM
United States, CA
Joined Nov 2010
589 Posts
i just got the loc8tor black version and had it on my quad when it crashed 2 days ago. i also had the lost model alarm.

flying fpv and i knew exactly where it was on the ground in a open field 700' away. thought i would try the loc8tor so i turned it on and picked up the signal right away, 700'. followed the indicator and brought me right to it. i could hear the lost model alarm about 100' away.

the quad had flipped over and was resting upside down and the loc8tor tag was on the top so now it was buried underneath everything, so it worked great.

using dx8 2.4 and it does not affect it it at all.

this would also work much better if you had it up on a pole, the range would be greater

QAV500 Crash 2/4/13 (1 min 38 sec)
yosemitez is offline Find More Posts by yosemitez
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Quadcopter Pid Tuning
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:44 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,404 Posts
Hi Y,
Yep. The pole trick worked for me:
Successful Loc8tor Quadrocopter search! (7 min 6 sec)

Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosemitez View Post
i just got the loc8tor black version and had it on my quad when it crashed 2 days ago. i also had the lost model alarm.

flying fpv and i knew exactly where it was on the ground in a open field 700' away. thought i would try the loc8tor so i turned it on and picked up the signal right away, 700'. followed the indicator and brought me right to it. i could hear the lost model alarm about 100' away.

the quad had flipped over and was resting upside down and the loc8tor tag was on the top so now it was buried underneath everything, so it worked great.

using dx8 2.4 and it does not affect it it at all.

this would also work much better if you had it up on a pole, the range would be greater

http://youtu.be/HYB6fxJ9PxE
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Dec 08, 2013, 10:13 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jul 2013
41 Posts
Nearing the end of 2013, has there been a better and/or cheaper locator solution than the Loc8tor system?

...or even something better than just attaching a loud and lightweight noisemaker on your aircraft?

Thanks.
help_banggood_v9 is offline Find More Posts by help_banggood_v9
Old Dec 09, 2013, 04:00 AM
Stuart
UK, Cardiff
Joined Dec 2008
3,150 Posts
Better, yes;

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2013953
srnet is offline Find More Posts by srnet
Old Dec 09, 2013, 12:50 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,404 Posts
Gents,
A Gent 488 posted a great test video. He got greatly increased detection ranges LOS using YAGI with FMKit and a feed horn with the Lok8tor:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4#post26757429

FMkit UHF Beacon vs. 2.4 GHz Loc8tor Lite (12 min 38 sec)

Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old May 17, 2014, 08:03 AM
Joined May 2009
22 Posts
Update and FYI: I just bought a Loc8tor Plus set (the one including 3 tags and 1 "Panic" tag) and found that the included silver tags now seem to have the same electronics that only the black ones had previously.

Attached is a photo from a blog post in 2010 which shows the tag electronics back then (Source).
deha is offline Find More Posts by deha