HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 09, 2008, 07:55 AM
Or current resident
USA, FL, Tampa
Joined Jul 2002
4,868 Posts
Yeah Chuck, you kind of missed the part where my thumbs got tangled up and I lost it for a second. The stripes on the wing worked very well for orientation and I got it under control quickly. Unlike the maiden of the Black Widow, no skivies were harmed in the making of the video.
Glenn
glewis is offline Find More Posts by glewis
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2008, 06:45 AM
Obviously I'm a "Minus Member"
USA, MA, Longmeadow
Joined Jun 2003
1,832 Posts
I'm off to NEAT this morning, and my beta Lucky ACE is making the trip with me (along with as many of my MM planes as I can cram into my car). So if anyone is attending, and wants to see mine, or Brian's prototype, stop by the Mountain Model's booth on vendor row. Brian will have kits available for purchase as well.

If you've been following this thread, please stop by and say hello! I'm always interested in any comments on my build threads, and whether folks find them helpfull.

Mark
buzzltyr is offline Find More Posts by buzzltyr
Old Sep 15, 2008, 10:28 AM
USA, MA, Longmeadow
Joined Jun 2003
1,832 Posts
Lucky ACE flew at NEAT!

Brian and I took my ACE and shared a flight at NEAT on Saturday. After he built his prototype, he extended the fuselage a bit for the beta kits (and the production kits), so he had not flown the longer fuselage model. While he thought the original tracked well, he felt the longer fuselage tracked even a bit better. He seemed to have a bunch of fun throwing it around the sky at NEAT, as did I.

Thank goodness he's a much better pilot than I am!

Mark
Old Sep 15, 2008, 11:32 AM
Captain Carnage says......
Seminole (St Pete.), Florida/ Seminole Crash Fest
Joined Jun 2002
5,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzltyr
Brian and I took my ACE and shared a flight at NEAT on Saturday. After he built his prototype, he extended the fuselage a bit for the beta kits (and the production kits), so he had not flown the longer fuselage model. While he thought the original tracked well, he felt the longer fuselage tracked even a bit better. He seemed to have a bunch of fun throwing it around the sky at NEAT, as did I.

Thank goodness he's a much better pilot than I am!

Mark
What??? NO Pictures????
AirWarriorBelgy is offline Find More Posts by AirWarriorBelgy
Old Sep 15, 2008, 12:11 PM
USA, MA, Longmeadow
Joined Jun 2003
1,832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWarriorBelgy
What??? NO Pictures????
Chuck,

After Brian and I walked back to his booth with my ACE, his helper, Jason, looked at us and said "Hmm, should have taken some video and pics for the website." Brian and I both went "Duh!"

Mark
Old Sep 15, 2008, 01:05 PM
Captain Carnage says......
Seminole (St Pete.), Florida/ Seminole Crash Fest
Joined Jun 2002
5,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzltyr
Chuck,

After Brian and I walked back to his booth with my ACE, his helper, Jason, looked at us and said "Hmm, should have taken some video and pics for the website." Brian and I both went "Duh!"

Mark
LOL thats why ya need "Captain Carnage"

I don't miss a thing....

Chuck
AirWarriorBelgy is offline Find More Posts by AirWarriorBelgy
Old Sep 19, 2008, 08:41 PM
God is my pilot
United States, MI, Kalamazoo Township
Joined Aug 2006
2,418 Posts
So, when will this be available? Was Brian selling it at NEAT?
JimTMich is offline Find More Posts by JimTMich
Old Sep 19, 2008, 09:16 PM
BYOP - Build Your Own Planes
United States, WI, Appleton
Joined Mar 2001
1,723 Posts
Yeah, I was selling them at NEAT. They're even sitting on the shelf, ready to go!

Unfortunately, I am trying to fix a few web site bugs that came up, before I activate it on the web site.

I'm even carrying some SolarFilm now (or AeroFilm, whichever I have at the time) Of course, that'll be on the web site after I fix the bugs as well.

I'm working on it now though, and hope to have it fixed before I go to sleep... whatever time that might be.

Brian
Mountain Models is offline Find More Posts by Mountain Models
Old Sep 20, 2008, 01:28 AM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,304 Posts
Brian,

Wake up! I'm trying to order one before they sell out!

Joe
turbojoe is offline Find More Posts by turbojoe
Old Sep 20, 2008, 10:57 PM
God is my pilot
United States, MI, Kalamazoo Township
Joined Aug 2006
2,418 Posts
Joe, don't you have a red phone at your place that connects directly to Mountain Models? I don't see why you need to wait for the web site to be up
JimTMich is offline Find More Posts by JimTMich
Old Sep 20, 2008, 11:07 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimTMich
Joe, don't you have a red phone at your place that connects directly to Mountain Models? I don't see why you need to wait for the web site to be up
I thought about calling him but he's obviously busy. I can wait a bit. No need to pester him.

For once I have an easy covering scheme in mind so it won't take me 6 months to get this one in the air. That's why I want to grab and build one before another catastrophe gets in the way again.

Joe
Old Sep 20, 2008, 11:49 PM
Joined Mar 2001
1,723 Posts
The laptop went down last night and it took me until 3 AM to get it back up and running. So, I finally got the bugs worked out on the web site that have been "bugging" me for about a year.

The ACE is now on the web site along with some SolarFilm (AroFilm). I'd say Joe could stop pestering me about SolarFilm, but he'll probably keep bugging me to get the rest of the colors as soon as possible.

So, here it is!

Lucky ACE Link

It's at $64.99 and includes:

A TON of hardware:
Blind nuts and bolts for secure motor mounting
DuBro EZ Servo connectors
DuBro EZ Links
DuBro Tail Skid
DuBro 1.86" Sport Wheels
Sullivan pushrod housings and pushrods
Misc. Hardware
Full sized CAD drawn plans.
CAD Illustrated instructions

The Nose gear pack is $6.00 and is listed at the bottom of the page. I kept it seperate so those who didn't want it could get the kit cheaper.

The L4 will also be listed on the site tomorrow, but won't be shipping for about a week.

Brian
Last edited by Mountain Models; Sep 21, 2008 at 03:29 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2008, 12:15 AM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,304 Posts
Yahoo! I just placed my order. Of course I got the nose wheel package too. I need all the training wheels I can get!

My covering scheme is so basic that I have enough covering to make it happen. I'll need to make a re-stock order pretty soon though.

Joe
Old Sep 21, 2008, 03:30 PM
Joined Mar 2001
1,723 Posts
Joe,

Per your note earlier, yes, you got Kit #1, as I set it aside before leaving for NEAT.

Brian
Old Sep 21, 2008, 03:43 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eberwein
Joe,

Per your note earlier, yes, you got Kit #1, as I set it aside before leaving for NEAT.

Brian
Brian,

You ARE da man! I now have room to build the plane. I've already got all the electronics and covering so I don't have any excuses (although I'll surely come up with a few) for not having it ready to fly in record time!

Joe