HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2003, 01:56 PM
(Batteries not included.)
Mesa AZ
Joined Jun 2001
655 Posts
Night Pylon Races at SWC in Phoenix

Thanks to Merrill Brady of MM Glider tech for hosting the nightime foamie pylon races at the Southwest Classic last weekend. It's a bit of work to haul the generator and all the lighted pylon poles to the events he puts together. He said in the pilot's meeting that we were there to have fun above all else. I can tell you I had a blast and was happy that no repairs were required after racing in all 3 heats each with 20 laps. The crowd seemed to enjoy the event too as temperatures were nice that evening and there were some very creative lighting systems onboard. I don't know of any planes that had a mid-air even in the figure-8 race. There were many that hit the ground and one that hit a pylon.

I told ya' Wedgies rule the night.

First Place went to.......

a Wedgie!

Also thanks to Paul Naton of Radio Carbon Art for donating the first place prize of a "Just want to fly" video.

Dave Wenzlick
Dave Wenzlick / Slickraft is offline Find More Posts by Dave Wenzlick / Slickraft
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2003, 05:49 PM
Mfg of the Marauder & Oculus!
Downey, CA
Joined Aug 2002
1,605 Posts
Dave

YOU ROCK!

Let everyone know want you were flying and what was in it.

Lets do it next year!

Thanks Merrill
Mr B.... is offline Find More Posts by Mr B....
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Oculus EXL