SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:31 PM
Danmark, Hovedstaden, Ballerup
Joined May 2007
3,221 Posts
Billy, that dont go to me but the normal support, for all sorts of normal how to use issues.
my email is at forum post 1
thomasscherrer is offline Find More Posts by thomasscherrer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:52 PM
Gravity is patient............
Joined Mar 2006
1,910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasscherrer View Post
Billy, that dont go to me but the normal support, for all sorts of normal how to use issues.
my email is at forum post 1
Thanks, I originally looked there but couldn't find it right away. Then I found it "hidden" among the text lol. Ok done and sent.

Thanks!
billyd60 is offline Find More Posts by billyd60
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:03 PM
Joined May 2007
3,221 Posts
it is often hard for me to figure out who is who, in emails people use their real names
on forums it is often common to use all sorts of alias names,
I never really understood why, since I always use real name or my call signs OZ2CPU,
so all people know who I am no matter where I write online.
I need to learn double names to all people who email me :-)
so please dear friends, when you email me, remember to say your forum alias, so I know what to respond, or start from the beginning..
also please be kind to think about, I get sometimes ALOT of mails in a very short time,
it can be hard to track them all correctly, and now mix them up a bit or forget a few things,
specielly when all ask more or less about the same, and some even have the same first name and such, I dont have super powers.. at least not that kind :-)
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:49 PM
Joined Mar 2006
1,910 Posts
Quote:
it is often hard for me to figure out who is who, in emails people use their real names
on forums it is often common to use all sorts of alias names,
I never really understood why, since I always use real name or my call signs OZ2CPU,
so all people know who I am no matter where I write online.
I need to learn double names to all people who email me :-)
so please dear friends, when you email me, remember to say your forum alias, so I know what to respond, or start from the beginning..
also please be kind to think about, I get sometimes ALOT of mails in a very short time,
it can be hard to track them all correctly, and now mix them up a bit or forget a few things,
specielly when all ask more or less about the same, and some even have the same first name and such, I dont have super powers.. at least not that kind :-)
See, now I really did think you were superman. I'm kind of let down.

Anyway I found out something interesting with the newer tx firmware you sent me. (At least I never noticed it before). If I end the ppm stream from the controlling transmitter (remove the trainer plug), but keep power to the TSLRS Tx, it doesn't initiate a failsafe in the receiver. Only if I remove power from the TSLRS Tx. Is this normal? It's not a problem, just wondering.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:27 AM
Joined May 2007
3,221 Posts
Billy, could you please email me ?
I want to know exactly WHAT version you use, and WHEN you got it,
I might have something for you :-)
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:41 AM
Joined Mar 2006
1,910 Posts
Quote:
Billy, could you please email me ?
I want to know exactly WHAT version you use, and WHEN you got it,
I might have something for you :-)
Just sent.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:35 PM
Joined Oct 2010
55 Posts
Quote:
Anyway I found out something interesting with the newer tx firmware you sent me. (At least I never noticed it before). If I end the ppm stream from the controlling transmitter (remove the trainer plug), but keep power to the TSLRS Tx, it doesn't initiate a failsafe in the receiver. Only if I remove power from the TSLRS Tx. Is this normal? It's not a problem, just wondering.
Thomas I'm running the latest firmware you sent me V4 TLRS/ LR 4.02 Rx with Futaba 8FG.

At approx 2/3rds normal flight range I had interference then a little further again without RTH engaging.

My TSLRS and 3S battery are on my Patch Antenna and connected to the 8FG via cable to the buddy box connection providing PPM and ground. When in use the 8Fg is powered by its on battery and RF set to not transmit.

If I Power Off the 8FG the LR RX does not enter Failsafe.

If I remove power from the TSLRS at the Patch Antenna the Rx Failsafe works.

Hope thats of use
barney1959 is offline Find More Posts by barney1959
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:07 PM
FPV Recon
United States, TX, Cedar Park
Joined Nov 2005
195 Posts
Do batteries affect the LRRx and antennas? On my spider the ideal location for the RX is just ahead of the batteries with the coax running down each side and the whips in an angled Vee behind. I have small lengths of tape supporting the grounds as shown on the support page. Are antenna tubes OK? Is pointing down better than pointing up?
Altimat is offline Find More Posts by Altimat
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:35 PM
Joined Mar 2006
1,910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barney1959 View Post
Thomas I'm running the latest firmware you sent me V4 TLRS/ LR 4.02 Rx with Futaba 8FG.

At approx 2/3rds normal flight range I had interference then a little further again without RTH engaging.

My TSLRS and 3S battery are on my Patch Antenna and connected to the 8FG via cable to the buddy box connection providing PPM and ground. When in use the 8Fg is powered by its on battery and RF set to not transmit.

If I Power Off the 8FG the LR RX does not enter Failsafe.

If I remove power from the TSLRS at the Patch Antenna the Rx Failsafe works.

Hope thats of use
Essentially the same as what I've been seeing. The rx is not sensing a loss of ppm, only tx signal.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:36 PM
Joined Mar 2006
1,910 Posts
Thomas, good news. My TSLRS (Version 4 upgraded to 4.02A7) with the new firmware you sent me corrected the rssi dropouts when using my Tx switches. Thanks! Working really great now, rock solid.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:55 AM
Joined May 2007
3,221 Posts
Exactly Billy !
we nailed it :-)

and Barney, YES the tx continue to send out valid good data, even if ppm signal is removed,
it is not considered a critical error or bug, but it is on the: things to solve list.
Billy also repported this.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:18 PM
Joined Oct 2010
55 Posts
Thanks Thomas good to know the limitation. I was lucky as it was a Quad carrying full AP equipment onboard and it pancaked onto soft ground.

The Quads Failsafe system normally would have it hold station for a short time on signal loss allowing time to either power up the TSLRS or engage RTH if no signal.
barney1959 is offline Find More Posts by barney1959
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:03 AM
Joined May 2007
3,221 Posts
you know what Barney and Billy, try to test this again, but at a bit more distance,
maybe take off tx antenna to see my point, in case PPM is lost, but power to the TX remain
with latest 402 firmware, the tx will actually turn off the amplifier stage,
so power will be micro watts, if you are a bit away, the RX should recall failsafe.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:19 PM
There's magic in those wings !
Joined Nov 2006
4,846 Posts
Hi ...

I'm currently having trouble with my current UHF system .. and I'm considering the Thomas scherrer UHF system and I really appreciate some quick answers to the following inquiries to help me make a decision

1-Can I update the firmware whenever a fix is released ?
2-How can I use a head tracker with TSLRS ??

Thanks a lot

Khaled
khaled_abobakr is offline Find More Posts by khaled_abobakr
Last edited by khaled_abobakr; Feb 06, 2013 at 03:27 AM.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:59 PM
JEZUZ
Joined Jul 2007
3 Posts
Hi Thomas!

I have a Tx V6 to work with a DX18 radio, but Im confused about the connections between the RVOSD and the Rx. Have you some graph that helps me to understanding the connections? Including the RSSI

Edit: One cuestion more: Can I use a single Tx with two (or more) Rx?? (Thomas Obviosly). Each one mounted on different plane.
(sorry, my English isn good)

Thanks!

Jezuz
JEZUZ is offline Find More Posts by JEZUZ
Last edited by JEZUZ; Feb 06, 2013 at 03:02 PM.