HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 05, 2009, 12:26 PM
Lewis Center, OH
Joined Jun 2006
2,272 Posts
See my responses in red below...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pit3k
OK thanks, I think i understand it now. So when used together with Thomes's system the TrackR2 is not able to do neither of:
- making use of 11 channels while using 9 channel Futaba tx
Certainly can't do this.
- making use of 9 channels while using 7 channel Futaba tx
It CAN do this if the signal is being passed through the TrackR2 and then goes to Thomas's system. It can add channels 8 and 9 if they aren't already there.

However, it should allow using other 9 channel tx (such as Multiplex Evo 9, or JR X9303 for example) that have no ability to choose channels above 5 for trainer functions and still allow HT to be present on channels 8 and 9, and the tx itself having full control of the first 7 channels. Correct?
yes, this is correct if the signal is passed through the TrackR2 and then to Thomas's system.
Mr.Pibb is offline Find More Posts by Mr.Pibb
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old May 06, 2009, 10:24 AM
Questionable judgement
Charles Town, WV
Joined Jan 2008
3,070 Posts
A problem has been found with the turnigy 9x firmware. Dual rates and exponential are not working properly together. I can no longer recommend this radio until this is addressed.
bracky72 is online now Find More Posts by bracky72
Old May 06, 2009, 10:39 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
bracky,

Do you have a photo of the MCU in the Turnigy? It should not be too hard to re-write the software if it's a common MCU.

Daniel
Daniel Wee is offline Find More Posts by Daniel Wee
Old May 06, 2009, 11:09 AM
On a holiday?
Uppsala, Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
3,568 Posts
What are the practical effects of this error? Is it that the performance isn't exactly as selected or do the plane spin out of control like a crazy banana if both expo and d/r is selected?
boopidoo is offline Find More Posts by boopidoo
Old May 06, 2009, 02:15 PM
Questionable judgement
Charles Town, WV
Joined Jan 2008
3,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Wee
bracky,

Do you have a photo of the MCU in the Turnigy? It should not be too hard to re-write the software if it's a common MCU.

Daniel

I don't have one but I'll see if I can produce one later today. The problem is that when you engage exponential it no longer obeys the dual rate setting instead defaulting to 100%.
Old May 07, 2009, 02:46 AM
Danmark, Hovedstaden, Ballerup
Joined May 2007
3,188 Posts
Daniel: why not make your own software for the Royal evo ?!?
and then sell it, they use a really nice MSP430, and the hardware is 100% the same
even in the cheap evo7, so people can purchase the cheap evo7
and put in your software and now get all the cool features :-)
that will teach Multiplex to listen to their customers when they come with good advices.
thomasscherrer is online now Find More Posts by thomasscherrer
Old May 07, 2009, 03:31 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
Actually that's a good idea - it can't be too hard to do. Once I get some time I'll see about getting the programming kit. Or we could just write it for the Turnigy which is really cheap too. BTW, I have a Royal Pro 12 now.

Daniel
Daniel Wee is offline Find More Posts by Daniel Wee
Old May 07, 2009, 04:27 AM
Budapest
Joined Jul 2003
2,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Wee
Actually that's a good idea - it can't be too hard to do.
Daniel
While it's not hard, needs pretty long time. Probably as much as a year of programming, debugging, testing. Too much for a free project, and impossible to sell enough to pay the worktime.
mmormota is offline Find More Posts by mmormota
Old May 07, 2009, 05:20 AM
Danmark, Hovedstaden, Ballerup
Joined May 2007
3,188 Posts
>I have a Royal Pro 12 now

me too :-) you can imagine the sadness I feel about its lack in its student system,
all other things is made so super cool, and normal plane training works perfect..
thomasscherrer is online now Find More Posts by thomasscherrer
Old May 07, 2009, 08:39 AM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,460 Posts
I don't understand?

The 9303 2.4 has limitted student channels as well, only four.
But I can utilize all 9 with your system.

I have the evo 12 but have not tried it yet. I have firmware 1.5

Other than ht, what is an example of a typical cool feature that cannot be used with the evo 12 and your system?.
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 07, 2009, 10:21 AM
Questionable judgement
Charles Town, WV
Joined Jan 2008
3,070 Posts
I am using this cool voltage regulator from Dimension Engineering to power my booster from a 3 cell lipo.(or higher up to 35 volt) It's rated for 25 watts. I have it adjusted to 7.4 volts. Do you see any problem with me using this Thomas?

http://www.dimensionengineering.com/DE-SWADJ3.htm
Old May 07, 2009, 06:54 PM
Joined Mar 2008
493 Posts
Connector for Futaba 9C module pins

I had an power supply from my old desktop computer sitting around and I noticed the smaller 4 pin connectors looked just about right for the back of my 9C. The connector fits very snug and the pin spacing seems to be perfect. This is how I will connect my LRS.
CATPart is offline Find More Posts by CATPart
Old May 08, 2009, 08:11 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,960 Posts
is this necessary? I thought thomas's system can take 3cell lipo voltage as is for power? See the front page 6-20v input unless of course you run the lipo below 6.0v which would kill the lipo anyway.

for the record I have a 9zap I plan to use when my system comes in.

Appending the HT to the end of the signal will work up to 9ch but remember you can't turn off that last channel with the trainer switch if it goes haywire on you.

in answer to someone elses question the lack of assigning any channel to trainer port is what the evo is missing as a "cool" feature.

I guess I will stick with my futaba untill Daniel writes some software for a 9 or 12 channel system ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bracky72
I am using this cool voltage regulator from Dimension Engineering to power my booster from a 3 cell lipo.(or higher up to 35 volt) It's rated for 25 watts. I have it adjusted to 7.4 volts. Do you see any problem with me using this Thomas?

http://www.dimensionengineering.com/DE-SWADJ3.htm
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old May 08, 2009, 08:13 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,960 Posts
this looks good but I would bend the connector down and hot glue it to the back of the tx.

I used an old 72mhz module and opened the case, then de-soldered all the contacts from the board and soldered on new ones. This way I don'th have to bend the connectors and can put a module back in later for my spektrum stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATPart
I had an power supply from my old desktop computer sitting around and I noticed the smaller 4 pin connectors looked just about right for the back of my 9C. The connector fits very snug and the pin spacing seems to be perfect. This is how I will connect my LRS.
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old May 08, 2009, 08:17 AM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,460 Posts
that is a picture of the booster and uses 2 cells
not a three cell, voltage regulator should work

"in answer to someone elses question the lack of assigning any channel to trainer port is what the evo is missing as a "cool" feature. " I still don't get it because the 9303 allows me to use all 9 channels and alow me to program exactly like a jr 9 channel rx?

I am guessing evo 12 can use all 12 channels as well?
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)