SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 05, 2009, 01:44 AM
Putting FPV to Business
Joined Jul 2009
573 Posts
I am the most recent customer of this one...ordered the latest version and a 7w booster on the second shipment...

I will try hard to break the customer record as I have the perfect spot already mapped on google earth... No blocking items in a 800m hill I just hope it does not affect the TV broadcast of that place

Lol

Cheers,

Ernani
FPVExtremer is offline Find More Posts by FPVExtremer
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2009, 01:48 AM
France, PACA, Nice
Joined Jun 2008
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capy-Norway
doesn't the 12Z use 7 volts?
yes, it's a LiPo battery
impreza54 is offline Find More Posts by impreza54
Old Aug 05, 2009, 02:54 PM
Danmark, Hovedstaden, Ballerup
Joined May 2007
3,211 Posts
no problem with the supply voltage, the new version tx box can give full power from
5-25V supply voltage, the old version 6-25V
remember to set the low voltage alarm right ! so you can land in good time,
a lipo battery have a more sutten discharge curve, so when alarm, less time to land.
thomasscherrer is offline Find More Posts by thomasscherrer
Old Aug 06, 2009, 09:58 PM
Lewis Center, OH
Joined Jun 2006
2,275 Posts
Guys, I have two questions that were asked of me that I probably should know the answer to, but I don't.
The first involves a video Thomas has on Vimeo. In that video, he states that you should set the fail safe position every time you start up your system. I've not heard this before...is this really true? I've not seen my RX's lose their fail safe positions, so I'm wondering why I'd do this?

UHF RC LRS Long Range System how to bind instruction (0 min 38 sec)

Second, and it's another question I probably should know, but I don't have the new units with the 3 position switch yet (hopefully in the next couple days for those who ordered!) Here's the question:
For his Tx BOX, if the central is antenna connector , we will see there is a bind button on the right,and a 3 level switch on the left,my Question is:

Q: THE 3 level power output switch,what is its power output from left ,central ,right Select lever will be? 0.5w,1w,2w.

I'm assuming there either are no labels or the labels don't make sense. Which direction is for switching to high power and which for low?

Thanks!
Tim
Mr.Pibb is offline Find More Posts by Mr.Pibb
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 07, 2009, 01:04 AM
Bucharest, Romania
Joined Apr 2009
167 Posts
I can HEAR the emission by aproaching my pc speakers . If i push the button the sound is stronger . Also my cheap servo's are twitching if i put the tx near their cables . Check it , and label it yourself !
Ahernar is offline Find More Posts by Ahernar
Old Aug 07, 2009, 01:27 AM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,502 Posts
probably also emit different heat according to power level

I set fail safe in the air for each separate plane and wind conditions every flight
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 07, 2009, 02:30 AM
Portugal
Joined Mar 2004
2,637 Posts
Mr Pibb,

Look
jalves is offline Find More Posts by jalves
Old Aug 07, 2009, 09:31 AM
Lewis Center, OH
Joined Jun 2006
2,275 Posts
Thanks guys! I've noticed I can hear the signal on speakers as well, that's a good thing to try. I like the heat idea as well.
Thanks for the picture jmralves!

My thought is that the fail safe doesn't HAVE to be set each flight based on what I see with my systems. But it can be like David22 does.

Tim
Mr.Pibb is offline Find More Posts by Mr.Pibb
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 07, 2009, 10:44 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,030 Posts
I have a question / problem

When I put my TX close to my receiver ant. I lose signal and the fail safe kicks in.... that is not good if you have throttle programmed in your fail safe or if your auto pilot is set to kick in in fail safe... does anyone else have this issue or is something wrong with mine?

I have the 500mw non selectable versions TX
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Aug 07, 2009, 04:12 PM
Joined Feb 2008
97 Posts
On the transmitter, the switch flipped toward the antenna is 500mw, center is 1w and away from the antenna is 2w
tonye53 is offline Find More Posts by tonye53
Old Aug 07, 2009, 04:25 PM
France, PACA, Nice
Joined Jun 2008
81 Posts
Is it possible to set failsafe to keep last servo position when signal is lost for some channels and go to a defined position for other channels? Actually I would like to set failsafe to keep the throttle as it was before signal is lost and set other servo to center position. (reason is I own an heli)
impreza54 is offline Find More Posts by impreza54
Last edited by impreza54; Aug 08, 2009 at 02:15 AM.
Old Aug 07, 2009, 06:27 PM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,502 Posts
I think there is a version of firmware that solved the problem with being too close to the plane.

Hand launching is not a problem for me. My fail safe for electric is motor off.

never tried auto pilot before

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg
I have a question / problem

When I put my TX close to my receiver ant. I lose signal and the fail safe kicks in.... that is not good if you have throttle programmed in your fail safe or if your auto pilot is set to kick in in fail safe... does anyone else have this issue or is something wrong with mine?

I have the 500mw non selectable versions TX
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 10, 2009, 11:33 PM
Certified RPAS Instructor
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,744 Posts
Hi All,

A quick question...

I will be using a BEC and just need to know where it is best to plug it into the LRS?

Cheers
-J
The_Mongrel is offline Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 11, 2009, 03:46 AM
Certified RPAS Instructor
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,744 Posts
Hi Guys

I have just hooked up the LRS to my DX7 and a TrackR2 and would like to know what channels on Thomas System is for AUX1 AUX2 and GEAR? I need these for my Eagle Tree OSD pro.

Cheers
-J
The_Mongrel is offline Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by The_Mongrel; Aug 11, 2009 at 04:09 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 06:07 AM
Joined Jul 2004
505 Posts
How did you manage to get both the LRS and the TrackR2 working together using a spektrum radio? I thought you needed the trainer function of the radio to be able to select which servos will remain in use by the student and which will be taken over by the trainer. Futaba radios I thought were the only ones capable of allowing this selection process.

Cheers
Cadders
ps - could you provide photos of your wiring as I'm in the process of connecting mine up.
cadders is offline Find More Posts by cadders