SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 05, 2008, 11:38 AM
Everett, WA
Joined Aug 2008
21 Posts
Discussion
Walkera 4#3B servo gear sets

Does anybody know where to purchase gear sets (preferably in the U.S.) for the servos that are in the Walkera 4#3B?
Hover_X is offline Find More Posts by Hover_X
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2008, 10:31 PM
ICU
Check out my Shapeways Shop
Dallas,Tx.
Joined Apr 2007
1,202 Posts
I don't think they make a replacement set of gears. Looks like your just gonna have to bite the bullet and buy a set of servos.
ICU is offline Find More Posts by ICU
Old Aug 05, 2008, 10:33 PM
Everett, WA
Joined Aug 2008
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICU
I don't think they make a replacement set of gears. Looks like your just gonna have to bite the bullet and buy a set of servos.
That's what I figured. The servos are pretty inexpensive anyway, but it would be nice to have an extra gear set.

Do you know of any U.S. retailers that sell parts for the 4#3?
Old Aug 05, 2008, 10:36 PM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICU
think that is correct

while I am sure they are pretty standard sizes, would take alot of trial and error to make your own set

as icu says-bite the bullet

once almost had to buy set of servos($35!), just cause I lost the servo arm ball!-thank god I found it!

btw-if that happens to you-start shopping the bead stores-should be able to find proper size and use ca and a straight pin to mount

mk
microkites is offline Find More Posts by microkites
Old Aug 05, 2008, 10:49 PM
ICU
Check out my Shapeways Shop
Dallas,Tx.
Joined Apr 2007
1,202 Posts
There are only two U.S. retailers that I can think of right now that sell Walkera parts. Both are also members here on rcg and are regulars in the 4#3 threads.

sketchaholic's web site
JohnIn2SonAZ's website

You can also try TTerence's website he's located in HK and is also a regular here, but has a flat shipping rate of $5 and I usually receive parts from him in about a week.
ICU is offline Find More Posts by ICU
Old Aug 05, 2008, 10:53 PM
Everett, WA
Joined Aug 2008
21 Posts
Thanks for the info! I will check them out!
Old Aug 06, 2008, 03:44 PM
Mason, Ohio
Joined Jul 2007
178 Posts
Gears for the 4#3 servos???? Ha!!! I talked to a walkera rep. No way can you buy servo gears. Not a part number in their system.

Sorry. I had to buy a set just a month ago myself.
rhuber40 is offline Find More Posts by rhuber40