HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 05, 2008, 12:10 AM
E-Flight Newb
Tucson, AZ
Joined Jun 2008
275 Posts
Video
Skyartec Cessna 182 - AMAZING PERFORMANCE FOR UNDER $100

So this is the brushless version of the Skyartec Cessna 182 sold from hobbycity that you can pick up for less than $100

Here is the link thanks to Tkoguy http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...ess_w/_4_Servo
The bird comes with everything you need to fly except charger, TX, and RX

TX - Ikaurs Luxors Nova 6 Plus
RX - Corona Synthesized 72MHZ 4 Channel.
Yes these two link together perfectly.

My Cessna is all stock, with no reinforcements or swap outs of any kind. Only tape is used on the wing edges and underside to keep up her cosmetics on the landings.

AUW is 540 grams.

In the video there is a mix of all types of flying. From slow lazy fly-bys to some pretty crazy tight loops, rolls, corkscrews, stalls, inverted flight, floaters, etc.

At one point a bird flew very close to the plane. Probably nicked it even, because the plane shifted sideways during the episode.

This is my second plane and I am relatively new to the hobby.

She definitely flies like a jet more than a casual park flier!

Enjoy!!!

Original discussion article - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=828302
trickers is offline Find More Posts by trickers
Last edited by trickers; Aug 10, 2008 at 09:26 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2008, 05:41 AM
Russia, Moscow
Joined Nov 2007
291 Posts
That just cant be true!!!! Joke :-) So many questions - why didnt you chase the bird, what lipo did you use? And isnt that landing AMAZING? Is your motor geared of direct drive because i've heard that people get different motor sets with this plane. I think i've got the secret of such awesome perfomance - you took the landing gear off, which made the plane much lighter and improved its aerodynamics, i bet with the landing gear it would fly like a heavy underpowered brick. Still joking :-) Ok now as i'm done wrighting this post i'll go order me that cessna!
Shift is offline Find More Posts by Shift
Old Aug 05, 2008, 09:40 AM
Rocket City
Joined May 2008
361 Posts
Very nice!! Looks a bit fast for me, but I must say I'm impressed, especially for the price!

How do you like that Nova6?
The Raddish is offline Find More Posts by The Raddish
Old Aug 05, 2008, 12:53 PM
Slow Flyer
Richmond, TX
Joined Apr 2008
3,236 Posts
Quote:
This is my second plane and I am relatively new to the hobby.

How new is relatively new?

Nice review of sorts and nice video.
Bombay is offline Find More Posts by Bombay
Old Aug 05, 2008, 01:41 PM
R/C CRASHER
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Dec 2004
854 Posts
get them while they are in stock $79.95, plane comes with brushless motor esc and all servos.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=6331
tkoguy is offline Find More Posts by tkoguy
Old Aug 05, 2008, 02:23 PM
E-Flight Newb
Tucson, AZ
Joined Jun 2008
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift
That just cant be true!!!! Joke :-) So many questions - why didnt you chase the bird, what lipo did you use? And isnt that landing AMAZING? Is your motor geared of direct drive because i've heard that people get different motor sets with this plane. I think i've got the secret of such awesome perfomance - you took the landing gear off, which made the plane much lighter and improved its aerodynamics, i bet with the landing gear it would fly like a heavy underpowered brick. Still joking :-) Ok now as i'm done wrighting this post i'll go order me that cessna!
The motor is direct drive brushless, but the mount it is on can accommodate a geared system that will fit within the dimensions.

The Lipo I used was what came with the plane - 1100mah 11.1V 9C constant 15C burst (I have full throttled entire flights practically and never had anything come down hot, battery is just warm) Flight time is ~15min even with crazy flying like I was doing.

Yes I took the landing gear off, along with the linkage arms and nose wheel components for the nose wheel to turn with rudder movement on ground. AUW weight with everything is suppose to be ~600grams.
Old Aug 05, 2008, 02:24 PM
E-Flight Newb
Tucson, AZ
Joined Jun 2008
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raddish
Very nice!! Looks a bit fast for me, but I must say I'm impressed, especially for the price!

How do you like that Nova6?
The Nova 6 is a charm! And it works with corona synthesized receivers! I even dropped the thing on concrete and it still works fine. Very precise too!
Old Aug 05, 2008, 02:29 PM
E-Flight Newb
Tucson, AZ
Joined Jun 2008
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombay
How new is relatively new?

Nice review of sorts and nice video.

Join Date = June 2008. I started to fly I believe the very end of May or very beginning of June with those RTF 2 channel planes for $20 bucks or something. Ordered a few different kinds to get the feel for them. Only one flew and barely. Then moved to a real plane, the Hobby-lobby Decathlon 480 3-Channel, which was not the best choice for the beginner I heard. It is very twitchy and I did a brushless conversion on her and made it even worse basically. It really helped develop my reaction time and skill though! I also practiced on Aerofly Deluxe Pro when I was goofing around with those 2 channel "planes"
Last edited by trickers; Aug 05, 2008 at 03:04 PM.
Old Aug 09, 2008, 08:24 PM
Infinite Zenith
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Sep 2006
2,467 Posts
i just ordered one!!
Draven is offline Find More Posts by Draven
Old Aug 10, 2008, 09:27 AM
E-Flight Newb
Tucson, AZ
Joined Jun 2008
275 Posts
Congrats, make sure to check out the discussion thread for help with the bird when she comes!
Old Sep 07, 2009, 04:37 AM
Norway, Hordaland, Årstad
Joined May 2009
1,185 Posts
Very good flying, and also outstanding work by the cameraman. I know this plane is hard to keep up with when filming.
Cubber1 is online now Find More Posts by Cubber1
Old Sep 07, 2009, 10:09 PM
Herndon, VA
Joined Oct 2005
1,470 Posts
It certainly does everything you ask it to do! It does make you wonder why they patterned it after Cessna 182, which is made for retired lawyers to fly in a straight line from Manassas to Boca Raton.
RE
Edmonds is offline Find More Posts by Edmonds