SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 05, 2008, 12:46 AM
Gilbert, AZ
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2007
3,564 Posts
Discussion
What's Up with Hobby4less????

I've noticed this FW-190 advertised in the upper-right of the RCG screen for a while. When you click on it you go to Hobby4less.com and the plane is shown to be on sale for $169.00

Cool.... but, when you add it to your cart & go to check out it shows the full price of $359.00

I've e-mailed them to no avail... others in my club have e-mailed and attempted to call to no avail....

Anyone know anything about this?
chalmrast is offline Find More Posts by chalmrast
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2008, 11:02 AM
Joined Oct 2008
2 Posts
Do not buy from Hobby4Less. Total rip off. I bought a Belt CP and the first flight it cought in fire. I have had no help from thwe owner. It's been two months now. Do not buy from Hobby4Less!!!!!!!!!!
robertanderson is offline Find More Posts by robertanderson
Old Oct 07, 2008, 11:03 AM
Joined Oct 2008
2 Posts
Warning , Warning, Hobby4Less is a scam website, do not buy from Hobby4less!!!!!!!!!
robertanderson is offline Find More Posts by robertanderson
Old Oct 07, 2008, 04:08 PM
Gilbert, AZ
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2007
3,564 Posts
Well I tracked down the point of contact for the company, sent him an e-mail about the pricing switch, he e-mailed be back promptly and made the correction in a few days...

Incidentally, Hobby4less is not a scam website, I've bought from them before via E-bay (General Hobby) and had no problems. They are an advertiser on RC Groups so they must have some credibility.
chalmrast is offline Find More Posts by chalmrast
Old Mar 24, 2011, 01:08 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1 Posts
Purchased an off-road buggy from Hobby4Less (Owned by Richard Wayn and also trades as General Hobby, Inc.). They sent the wrong car, sending me the racing car instead. I have left about 10 phone messages and have sent numerous emails requesting them deliver the correct car and pick up the incorrect delivery, but nobody returns my calls or emails. Car appears to be black market copies from China and hence their prices are so cheap. Website advertizes a top speed of 50mph, but the actual box, when it arrived, say 60kph, which is only baout 38mph. Don't waste your time with these guys, DO NOT BUY from them!
MarkMJ is offline Find More Posts by MarkMJ
Old Aug 19, 2011, 10:42 PM
Mid Western Ontario
Joined Jan 2008
10 Posts
Hobby4less AKA Dash Line Inc

Done some research on Mr Yan. No BBB complaints at he moment and is not registered with the BBB of California, company seems legitimate but very poor communication with buyers. Hobby4Less is a subsiduary of Dashline Inc owned by Mr Richard Yan. He also owns General Hobby (Ebay) There are 2 addresses for Hobby4less 1st is - 20687-2 Amar Road #386, Walnut, CA 91789 and the second is 252 S. 8th Ave. La Puente, CA 91746 (for "in person" pickup). You can also try contacting him via Alibaba.com, he is a member there - http://www.alibaba.com/member/richyan99.html

I have ordered 3 gyro's from him with no signs that he shipped them. They may be on their way but I have no idea if they are or not. I will wait another week and then its time to complain to PayPal and Yahoo.com and the BBB of CA.

Fueler
Fueler is offline Find More Posts by Fueler
Last edited by Fueler; Aug 19, 2011 at 10:52 PM. Reason: new info
Old Sep 21, 2011, 09:40 PM
Mid Western Ontario
Joined Jan 2008
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueler View Post
Done some research on Mr Yan. No BBB complaints at he moment and is not registered with the BBB of California, company seems legitimate but very poor communication with buyers. Hobby4Less is a subsiduary of Dashline Inc owned by Mr Richard Yan. He also owns General Hobby (Ebay) There are 2 addresses for Hobby4less 1st is - 20687-2 Amar Road #386, Walnut, CA 91789 and the second is 252 S. 8th Ave. La Puente, CA 91746 (for "in person" pickup). You can also try contacting him via Alibaba.com, he is a member there - http://www.alibaba.com/member/richyan99.html

I have ordered 3 gyro's from him with no signs that he shipped them. They may be on their way but I have no idea if they are or not. I will wait another week and then its time to complain to PayPal and Yahoo.com and the BBB of CA.

Fueler
6 weeks after my order supposedly shipped my gyro's arrived. I would advise any looking to order from Hobby4less to go else where. I know we are all taking chances ordering from people we dont know some are definitely more legit' than others..stay away from H4L
Fueler is offline Find More Posts by Fueler
Old Jul 12, 2012, 03:46 PM
Joined Jul 2012
1 Posts
Hobby4less.com

I ordered parts from this company back on 6-30. I had also emailed them and tried to call them but to no avail. I finally found info and made a call. I want to share with anyone who has had the same problems with this company. He's kinda difficult to understand. Time will tell if I get the package right away as he promised.

Richard Yan.

Telephone:1-909-6182612
Mobile Phone:9096182612
Fax:1-909-6188888
Address:20687-2 Amar Rd. # 386Zip:91789Country/Region:United StatesProvince/State:CaliforniaCity:Walnut.
JimLewis is offline Find More Posts by JimLewis
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:28 PM
United States, SD, Rapid City
Joined Nov 2012
5 Posts
I just called "Richard Yuan" he's Chinese, I ordered a UAV Reaper Drone last week it was suppose to be here today with three days shipping NOT HERE!!!
jamesthaman is offline Find More Posts by jamesthaman
Last edited by jamesthaman; Dec 31, 2012 at 04:28 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:53 PM
United States, SD, Rapid City
Joined Nov 2012
5 Posts
Got it, but it was broken...
jamesthaman is offline Find More Posts by jamesthaman
Last edited by jamesthaman; Dec 30, 2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 02:06 AM
Joined Apr 2013
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueler View Post

Fueler
I dealt with Yan on Ebay.He sent me a damaged F22 which was most likely returned to him and he resold it on Ebay has new.It's box was double taped and the glue was missing.Rear fuselage damaged(wrinkled bent tail ends), pieces scattered in box from opened packaging.He tried to make it up by sending me a extra battery and wall charger.I didn't get the wall charger and the battery was the wrong one(too big to fit in battery door).
gixxerpilot is offline Find More Posts by gixxerpilot
Last edited by gixxerpilot; Apr 22, 2013 at 02:40 AM. Reason: landing gear door hinges scattered
Old Apr 22, 2013, 02:24 AM
Joined Apr 2013
3 Posts
I wouldn't buy from them.I bought a F22 on Ebay and it came damaged .It looked like it was returned and they resold it on ebay as new! Box was double taped ,glue was missing,pieces scattered in the box from open packaging.This guy is aka Richtop(ebay) aka (General Hobby 20729 Fuero is the address the wrong Lipo came from) aka Yan Jiao ,20729 Fuero Dr Walnut CA. So is this guy in cahoots with General Hobby .Richard Yan? So who's Yan Jiao from Ebay could he be Richard Yan? He lied about the plane being new and expects me to pay return shipping( about $40)
Last edited by gixxerpilot; Apr 22, 2013 at 02:36 AM. Reason: wrong last name Jiao not Jaio
Old Apr 22, 2013, 02:31 AM
Joined Apr 2013
3 Posts
Should I keep the RTF 70mm F22 with the wrinkled tail.Or return it and get the$239 back and lose money on the return shipping.I checked the other online hobby stores and everyone is out of stock on the plane .