HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 24, 2001, 05:08 AM
Joined Apr 2001
128 Posts
Hitec radio systems...how good are they?

I am planning on buying new radio gear soon and I was wondering how good the Hitec products are. I currently have an old but reliable Futaba Super 7 outfit. I have read some good comments on this site about Hitec. I still fly some slimers but I'm also moving into electric so which one would be the best fit? I would like to stay with a computer rig but I just don't know much about their product line.
luv2fly is offline Find More Posts by luv2fly
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2001, 05:59 AM
Newcastle, Australia
Joined Nov 2000
549 Posts
My vote goes to the Flash 5X (hitec), no problems with it at all.
Grant
schoey is offline Find More Posts by schoey
Old Apr 24, 2001, 08:23 AM
Winchester; Ohio
Joined Feb 2001
876 Posts
If you like your Futaba get an 8UAFS. If you dont need the flight pack Brukners has been selling the TX only for $229.00. National Hobby has been selling the TX and RX for $269 I think. Hitec has good stuff also but the features on the 8UAFS are hard to ignore. Sell your 7UAFS get the Futaba TX and some Hitec servos and recievers.
Adam
Adam Neat is offline Find More Posts by Adam Neat
Old Apr 24, 2001, 11:21 AM
Go get them Meg!
Cabin 21...
Joined Jan 2001
2,118 Posts
I have a hitec prism w/Spectra module, a multiplex cockpit, have owned Futaba, Airtronics, and JR.
They are all roughly the same as far as Quality vs. price. Features are also about the same for radios in the same price range, with Hitec being a bit less expensive with a few fewer features.
The multplex cockpit is by far the easiest tx to program and is most flexible for a lower end tx.
Hitec has the best customer service.
JR, Futaba, and Multiplex all make Monster systems, If you just have to be the one with the shiniest new toy.
lrsudog is offline Find More Posts by lrsudog
Old Apr 24, 2001, 11:31 AM
Austin, Texas USA
Joined Mar 2001
848 Posts
Hitec has a new computer radio out, the Eclipse 7 channel. I think several people on this site have built shrines for it...

I have had Hitec radios for years and years. I have been so pleased it's not even funny. I have never had any problems with the radios. I currently own a Flash 4 and 5X. These are a lot of radio for the money. I would highly recommend getting the 5X for only a few dollars more. The features are worth it. Or, to go all out, check out their new Eclipse at their website.
Since I have found Ezonemag, I have become even more impressed because of their service.

There is a forum supported here by a Hitec Rep, "Ask Mike at Hitec". He answers questions posted in this forum. I think if you ask around, the Hitec line is probably the most popular line of radio gear used by e-flyers.
sf_247 is offline Find More Posts by sf_247
Old Apr 24, 2001, 11:39 AM
Columbus, OH
Joined Mar 2001
14 Posts
I just placed my order (along with 3 other flyers) for the new Eclipse.
jnlong2000 is offline Find More Posts by jnlong2000
Old Apr 24, 2001, 01:49 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,328 Posts
I use a Hitec Flash 5X and Focus3 FM. I couldn't be happier with the equipment and service.

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood