HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 02, 2008, 10:21 AM
Latitude: 40.4833, Longitude: -88.95
Joined Jun 2008
45 Posts
New Product
2008 F35 Edf 4 Ch Rc Electric Jet Rtf!

Does any one know much about this jet. Does it have good performance and how are the eletronics. Does the battery overheat and is it hard to fly because it is so small. If anyone knows anything about this aircraft let me know because I am thinking about purchasing one.

It looks really scale and is not really that bad of a deal considering the price of most of the foam scale jets.

I would also like to take the itme to mention that I am sick of seeing so many ugly jets flying in the air. What happen to scale. I think some people would like it if made a plane out my dogs . I am sorry this was not directed at most of you only those individuals that are so excited about ugly aircraft.
USMCwarbirdfan is offline Find More Posts by USMCwarbirdfan
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2008, 08:22 PM
Checking CG is for NERDS!
Joined Jun 2005
5,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCwarbirdfan
Does any one know much about this jet. Does it have good performance and how are the eletronics. Does the battery overheat and is it hard to fly because it is so small. If anyone knows anything about this aircraft let me know because I am thinking about purchasing one.

It looks really scale and is not really that bad of a deal considering the price of most of the foam scale jets.

I would also like to take the itme to mention that I am sick of seeing so many ugly jets flying in the air. What happen to scale. I think some people would like it if made a plane out my dogs . I am sorry this was not directed at most of you only those individuals that are so excited about ugly aircraft.

That looks like the Freewing F-35... try a search for that one.
Your concern about the battery is a valid one. Most of the 20mm motor/64mm fan jets need something like a 20C pack.

Your comment about the "ugly jets" is uncalled for. That critical attitude wouldn't be welcome with my flying crew. Just build what you like...

Some people have different priorities. The GWS-15, for example is NOT scale but flies better because of the big wings.
Smokescreen38 is offline Find More Posts by Smokescreen38
Old Aug 02, 2008, 08:27 PM
Joined Jun 2008
45 Posts
Was not looking to join your flying crew! Just getting real board with nothing contemporary! Very sad when no one is building or talking about F22s or F35s.
Old Aug 02, 2008, 08:51 PM
Checking CG is for NERDS!
Joined Jun 2005
5,347 Posts
Okay, buddy. YOu win. Nobody is building F-22s or F-35s or any of the other hundreds of jets in this forum.

You're off to a great start on RCGroups!

Try this:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/search.php?
Smokescreen38 is offline Find More Posts by Smokescreen38
Old Aug 02, 2008, 09:21 PM
Joined Jun 2008
45 Posts
I made board statement that you find wildly inappropriate. Fine!! Let it Go!! You may be one of those guys with big time "RC Group" street credit. Maybe your one guys strapping a EDF on turd and flying it. Lighten up a bit and make sure bringing something cool out the field and not the same boring aircraft I been suffering through for the past three weeks. I can say I am sick discussing F-16 and F4. I am simply stating that with all new aircraft can we now please stop developing the same old jet over and over and over again. I was not directing this comment at anyone in particular.
Old Aug 02, 2008, 09:23 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,596 Posts
There are at least 2 other F-35's I know of and 3-4 F-22's. Personally, I like the Fly-Fly F-22 and the Windrider F-35. They are good sized, nice performing scale looking models, unlike the current crop of ridiculously overpriced, underperforming, pretty but cheap toy-like lilliputian sized PNP/RTF's. Everything has it's price, and these toys are just not worth $200.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=867666

Doubletap

PS: and yes, I would like to see some different models too!
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Aug 02, 2008, 09:31 PM
Joined Jun 2008
45 Posts
Double-tap you are the man!!

Thanks you for the great information. I am really thinking about a getting a F35. I have a Sapac F22 and it is fun, but I worry about two engines because a ESC sometimes don't perform the same and the aircraft loses power and performance.
Old Aug 02, 2008, 09:40 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,596 Posts
Quote:
Double-tap you are the man!!

Thanks you for the great information. I am really thinking about a getting a F35. I have a Sapac F22 and it is fun, but I worry about two engines because a ESC sometimes don't perform the same and the aircraft loses power and performance.
Have you had a chance to check out the Windrider F-35 thread? It's a good sized model that will take a 70mm fan AND it will be molded of a resilient foam similar to EPP and Multiplex's wonderful Elapor (like the Twister).

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...t=665766&pp=50

The Fly Fly F-22 takes a single 90mm fan and is just an awesome flyer.

Check out the video on this page: http://www.extremerc.com.au/F22_90mm.htm
Thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=690378

Doubletap
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Aug 03, 2008, 12:11 AM
Joined Jun 2008
45 Posts
I looked at the F35 you suggested it lloks great and I will most likely go with that aircraft rather than this one we have been discussing.

Thanks for the help Doubletap.
Old Aug 03, 2008, 01:57 AM
WiggleWiggleWiggle
South Australia
Joined Jan 2008
6,047 Posts
Mark at ExtremeRC has great video of the little F-35 on 4S. It is fast.
F35 LIGHTNING from Extreme RC AUSTRALIA (2 min 46 sec)
ozzi supercub is offline Find More Posts by ozzi supercub
Old Aug 03, 2008, 10:37 AM
Joined Jun 2008
45 Posts
Oz I wonder if that is RTF or an upgraded aircraft. It sure flys and looks good. It really looks like it is producing some high speed maybe 100 mph. or so.
Old Aug 03, 2008, 06:28 PM
USA
Joined Apr 2007
2,365 Posts
edf ufo

beauty is in eye of beholder ps twister xpd-8
space 1 is offline Find More Posts by space 1
Last edited by space 1; Aug 03, 2008 at 06:33 PM.
Old Aug 03, 2008, 06:33 PM
WiggleWiggleWiggle
South Australia
Joined Jan 2008
6,047 Posts
Quote:
Oz I wonder if that is RTF or an upgraded aircraft. It sure flys and looks good. It really looks like it is producing some high speed maybe 100 mph. or so.
He replaces the stock fan with a GWS EDF64 and one of his inrunners. I have one of them in my Arttech F-18 and it puts out about 800g of thrust on small 4S. Check out www.extremerc.com.au.
He really knows his stuff.
ozzi supercub is offline Find More Posts by ozzi supercub
Old Aug 03, 2008, 06:46 PM
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Dec 1996
7,921 Posts
I doubt any of the RTF or ARF 65mm jets out there will do 100 mph with the stock setup. You'd need probably 500 watts to do that, and no gear. I'd say most of these on stock 3s setups will do 55 to 65 mph, slightly faster with no gear.
Ed Waldrep is offline Find More Posts by Ed Waldrep
Old Aug 03, 2008, 07:25 PM
Joined Jun 2008
45 Posts
Oz do you think this F-35 is worth it or not? I do not like tailrons which are on the other suggested F-35. I like the price and the scale look, but I am sure that the electronics are cheap junk.

Twister that aircraft at my airfield would most likely be shot out of the sky with shotgun.

We are alittle strange and sometimes get very destructive and use our a AR15 and shotguns on our cheap aircraft. Its all very democratic and fun, as far which aircraft get selected to run the firing line.