SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old Jan 29, 2010, 07:37 PM
Suspended Account
WTFLYR's Avatar
West Central PA
Joined Dec 2008
2,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshflyer007 View Post
PETE!!!! you guys screwed up man with the order, not cool man. I got the plane and didnt realize that you sent me the one I DID NOT WANT!! I wanted the F117 with the flag on the bottom and not the all black one, thats what you sent., Im sorry but I know you dont care and I dont think I will ever order from you guys again,. Thanks.

Lenny
All things said since you got it, I'd be happy if it was Greatful Dead tie-dyed.
Might actually look cool on an F117.
WTFLYR is offline Find More Posts by WTFLYR
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2010, 08:12 PM
Registered User
Toronto, Canada
Joined Jan 2010
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFLYR View Post
All things said since you got it, I'd be happy if it was Greatful Dead tie-dyed.
Might actually look cool on an F117.
That would look cool, I wanted the flag bottom cuz Im a new flyer and its nicer to know from top to bottom when its high up in the sky, well at least it came and I dont have to be worried that I got screwed out of my money. but NO MORE ORDERS , there are many more companys I can buy from..

Lenn
freshflyer007 is offline Find More Posts by freshflyer007
Old Feb 11, 2010, 04:23 PM View Post
Don Shimoda
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Cross-posting. It is temporarily hidden while Don Shimoda edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 07:44 PM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2008
7 Posts
Quote:
It is seriously extremely hard in this industry to please everyone. I am trying to please everyone but sometimes its just not possible. In this industry, we get cases each week that are impossible to solve. Even in those cases I still resolve it the best I can. Some examples are like: $19.00 infrared helicopters expected to fly like a $1000.00 3D machine. We even ship them replacements at our cost and still not happy. Then there are the cases like a parent purchasing their 7 year old son a $300.00 EDF. They put it together and the son crashing it on the first flight and then call me for a FULL REFUND because the Jet was defective. Even in cases like that I have worked to resolve it. The BBB you read are all in the past before I got here. You do not see any of the positive experiences each day here and the satisfied customers. Theres no area for them to post so it goes unheard. I am in no way justifying who should purchase what. I am only giving a few examples as to why customers contact the BBB. Now that I have been here, there has not been ONE BBB complaint. I will continue to make customer satisfaction my highest priority.
Pete
You're right, you can not please everyone, it's the thorn in the rear for all business. However and no offense Pete, but you seem to throw alot of the blame back on the customers time and time again and BH has had complaints filed to the BBB since you took over. The latest complaint was posted 2/08/2010, and more before that!?!? Most of the complaints on this thread and many others are not inexperienced RC pilots buying advanced EDF's and crashing them the first flight wanting some compensation or a free replacement. No, they are expressing there disatisfaction with the lack of communication and lack of accountability of your support department admitting they messed up, trust me, they make every effort to make the complaining customer feel like they are the cause of the problems. Think about this, all the customer has do do is find the product they desire, pay for it online, have BH verify the pending funds, collect the funds, and we wait for the package to arrive, right? Easy day from our end. But when the package arrives damaged, or the ordered item never makes it to the customer, or wrong item is received, the resolution through your support department becomes the problem. It is always something the customer, or UPS has done to cause the discrepency, not BH. Where is the QA in this department? Is there a comprehensive training program for personnel hired training them to help customers when there is a complaint? The biggest thing about running a business like BH is the companies solidarity with it's customers Pete. You want to excel BH into the twenty first century and beyond, start with your support department. Get them back on track with the customers, and re-establish Bananahobbies reputation as a trust worthy and reliable company that customers will feel comfortable and secure to do business with, even if a problem arises. After all, you do provide some of the most diversified RC products I have ever seen anywhere online, and I am a repeat customer. But I have also had bad dealings with your support department with order discrepencies. I'll be the first to admit I have had many good experiences with BH products in the past, even sent a thanks for a great product email. But as soon as I have one small issue needing addressed with a order, I get crickets in the back ground, and some non compliance solutions that leave me back to square one. Take a closer look at how your support department is working with the customers, look over a few of there shoulders from time to time. You'll see. The company needs leadership, are you up to the task for the sake of your customers Pete, or is all that glitters is not gold? The trickle of accountability falls on you, you are the one advertising how dedicated you are to making the right changes. Your customers are waiting.
allendc is offline Find More Posts by allendc
Last edited by allendc; Feb 15, 2010 at 05:49 PM. Reason: correcting spelling errors.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 12:40 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2010
1 Posts
Another happy customer NOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allendc View Post
You're right, you can not please everyone, it's the thorn in the rear for all business. However and no offense Pete, but you seem to throw alot of the blame back on the customers time and time again and BH has had complaints filed to the BBB since you took over. The latest complaint was posted 2/08/2010, and more before that!?!? Most of the complaints on this thread and many others are not inexperienced RC pilots buying advanced EDF's and crashing them the first flight wanting some compensation or a free replacement. No, they are expressing there disatisfaction with the lack of communication and lack of accountability of your support department admitting they messed up, trust me, they make every effort to make the complaining customer feel like they are the cause of the problems. Think about this, all the customer has do do is find the product they desire, pay for it online, have BH verify the pending funds, collect the funds, and we wait for the package to arrive, right? Easy day from our end. But when the package arrives damaged, or the ordered item never makes it to the customer, or wrong item is received, the resolution through your support department becomes the problem. It is always something the customer, or UPS has done to cause the discrepency, not BH. Where is the QA in this department? Is there a comprehensive training program for personnel hired training them to help customers when there is a complaint? The biggest thing about running a business like BH is the companies solidarity with it's customers Pete. You want to excel BH into the twenty first century and beyond, start with your support department. Get them back on track with the customers, and re-establish Bananahobbies reputation as a trust worthy and reliable company that customers will feel comfortable and secure to do business with, even if a problem arises. After all, you do provide some of the most diversified RC products I have ever seen anywhere online, and I am a repeat customer. But I have also had bad dealings with your support department with order discrepencies. I'll be the first to admit I have had many good experiences with BH products in the past, even sent a thanks for a great product email. But as soon as I have one small issue needing addressed with a order, I get crickets in the back ground, and some non compliance solutions that leave me back to square one. Take a closer look at how your support department is working with the customers, look over a few of there shoulders from time to time. You'll see. The company needs leadership, are you up to the task for the sake of your customers Pete, or is all that glitters is not gold? The trickle of accountability falls on you, you are the one advertising how dedicated you are to making the right changes. Your customers are waiting.
I'm an experienced RC'r and builder. I've worked with many construction materials ranging from balsa to fiberglass to foam.

I ordered an Art-Tech Yak 54 from BH and was really pretty pleased when the box arrived. I thought the on-line critics were all wrong. After doing a great job of putting the plane together, the first time I plugged the battery in the plane went up in smoke! After opening it up, you could clearly see where one of the motor mount screws (all four stick well through the fire wall and still have there points) had pierced the ESP. I contacted BH (that wasn't easy!) and sent the pictures of the damage. They're still blaming it on user error!

I would highly recommend staying away from these folks. For me, it's a $200 education in a time when money's pretty hard to come by.

Jimbo
Jimbo Jones is offline Find More Posts by Jimbo Jones
Old Mar 02, 2010, 06:49 PM
NoWhere Man
n2ceptor's Avatar
NoWhere Land
Joined Feb 2010
39 Posts
I saw the web site and tried to make an order on an item that was just showed on YouTube on a Monday.. Website did not show out of stock... 4 days later no status... Sent Email just for status, no reply.. Check on status on Saturday, the order had been closed???

Luckly, they did not charge my CC...

The BBB gives a F rating...

Complaint Closing StatisticsThe following grid displays the number and responses to complaints over the last 36 months:

No. of Cmpl Type of Response

66 Making a full refund, as the consumer requested
7 Making a partial refund
161 Agreeing to perform according to their contract
5 Refusing to make an adjustment
18 Refuse to adjust, relying on terms of agreement
3 Unanswered
1 Unassigned

261 Total

http://www.la.bbb.org/Business-Repor...bby--100075745
n2ceptor is offline Find More Posts by n2ceptor
Old Mar 02, 2010, 09:42 PM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2008
7 Posts
Man! Sorry to hear about your problems with that company, I am not surprised. It's B.S. and I feel like a fool for defending their efforts for trying to make better with their customers a few months back. The good news is, there are many other companies with higher BBB ratings starting to carry alot of the exotic foamies BH carries, such as the new J-power 50mm foamies, and the super exotic SU-47 with all the fancy lights, gear bay doors with scale landing gear, and the VT nozzles attached to the exhaust ducts. Even better is the lower prices, just got to make the effort and search for them. So, long story short, the one and onlies they use to rely on to stay on top of the popularity totum pole is no longer there edge for suckering customers in! Pete may not come back to these negative posts to defend his honor, or the so called solid BH reputation he promised so many, but failed to follow through. Just look up 50mm edf in the forums and see for yourself he is still posting videos and reviews of their newest products to this day. He only communicates to the masses he feels he can squeeze a dollar out of, then disappears when things get alittle negative against BH or his integrity. I use to be a loyal customer, stuck through with a few problems (primariliy with their garbage support department) and finally said enough is enough. Just to illustrate a point, go onto their live chat support, tell them you plan to make a 1000 dollar purchase but want to ensure the merchandise is in stock before you commit, and watch the vultures appear out of no where fast! Almost an instant response. Now do the same thing but tell them you had a problem with an order that needs their attention, most times you will end up enjoying the sweet soothing sounds of crickets in the back ground. I know I am not being very professional about this, but these are examples of the unprofessionalism I have experienced with this so called new and improved BH and feel I am defending my country for freedom just so companies like BH can take advantage of their customers. Way over board analogy, but it's how I feel.
allendc is offline Find More Posts by allendc
Old Mar 08, 2010, 09:20 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2010
1 Posts
Can anyone help me get my helicopter I ordered 12/15/09 (for a Christmas gift) and have never received from banana hobby?
LisaT is offline Find More Posts by LisaT
Old Mar 08, 2010, 09:46 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2010
202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaT View Post
Can anyone help me get my helicopter I ordered 12/15/09 (for a Christmas gift) and have never received from banana hobby?


Oh another happy Patron eh Pete?


Have you called ? or tryed contact at there site "Support" is what they call it I call it a waste of time!....LMK....I'll help if i can
HELIGYRO is offline Find More Posts by HELIGYRO
Old Mar 15, 2010, 12:12 AM
Registered User
Houston, TX
Joined Mar 2005
712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaT View Post
Can anyone help me get my helicopter I ordered 12/15/09 (for a Christmas gift) and have never received from banana hobby?
You wait almost 3 months to ask for help?

If you paid by credit card, the charge should be on your January statement....find it! Write a letter to your credit card customer service, referencing that charge's transaction id, telling them that you never received the merchandise and ask them for help... write the letter NOW and mail it immediately! Most CC companies only allow 60 days from the statement date with the charge listed, to dispute the charge. Many will still try to help pressure the merchant even after 60 days for defective or unreceived merchandise.

If you paid by Paypal you only had 45 days from the transaction date to dispute the charge, after that it's your loss.

Regards and good luck!

ps. Notice how great a guy Pete is? Notice he stopped posting to this thread once BH problems start being posted here too? Great guy that Pete.

- Michael
Michael211_2000 is offline Find More Posts by Michael211_2000
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:59 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2010
202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael211_2000 View Post
You wait almost 3 months to ask for help?

If you paid by credit card, the charge should be on your January statement....find it! Write a letter to your credit card customer service, referencing that charge's transaction id, telling them that you never received the merchandise and ask them for help... write the letter NOW and mail it immediately! Most CC companies only allow 60 days from the statement date with the charge listed, to dispute the charge. Many will still try to help pressure the merchant even after 60 days for defective or unreceived merchandise.

If you paid by Paypal you only had 45 days from the transaction date to dispute the charge, after that it's your loss.

Regards and good luck!

ps. Notice how great a guy Pete is? Notice he stopped posting to this thread once BH problems start being posted here too? Great guy that Pete.

- Michael
Yeah thats why i have posted LisaT's thread everywhere...she will probly get ripped off

Lisa if you should feel free to post and report to BBB.
HELIGYRO is offline Find More Posts by HELIGYRO
Old Mar 15, 2010, 04:32 PM
BH CSR
Saralyn C.'s Avatar
Joined Mar 2010
413 Posts
Another patron brought up someone names "Lisa" with a link to this thread stating that she had an unresolved issue. I am unable to find this person and what the unresolved issue is, but Lisa, if you're there and do have an unresolved issue please PM me with the situation so I can take care of it for you.

Thank you,

Saralyn C.
Banana Hobby Customer Service
Saralyn C. is offline Find More Posts by Saralyn C.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 04:42 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2010
202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saralyn C. View Post
Another patron brought up someone names "Lisa" with a link to this thread stating that she had an unresolved issue. I am unable to find this person and what the unresolved issue is, but Lisa, if you're there and do have an unresolved issue please PM me with the situation so I can take care of it for you.

Thank you,

Saralyn C.
Banana Hobby Customer Service
Maybe you can PM her....By the looks of it shes new here and probly doesn't know much about this site or RCing.


Look up and click on her name!
HELIGYRO is offline Find More Posts by HELIGYRO
Old Mar 15, 2010, 05:27 PM
BH CSR
Saralyn C.'s Avatar
Joined Mar 2010
413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaT View Post
Can anyone help me get my helicopter I ordered 12/15/09 (for a Christmas gift) and have never received from banana hobby?
Sorry, I didn't see this post earlier today. Please PM me with your order number, or you can email me directly at BHSara09@BananaHobby.com if you prefer. If you still have not received your order or a credit for it, I will be more than happy to make sure that happens.
Saralyn C. is offline Find More Posts by Saralyn C.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 08:30 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2010
202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saralyn C. View Post
Sorry, I didn't see this post earlier today. Please PM me with your order number, or you can email me directly at BHSara09@BananaHobby.com if you prefer. If you still have not received your order or a credit for it, I will be more than happy to make sure that happens.


I'm PM'd LisaT myself sense this Paying Patron has been ripped off and probly doesn't know much about this site or RCing period.....I will continue this if you don't start paying attention to what people are posting!
HELIGYRO is offline Find More Posts by HELIGYRO
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Banana Hobby Support paul brevetti Vendor Talk 19 Aug 16, 2012 10:08 AM
Official Carrera E kit request thread twest Sport Planes 87 Jan 11, 2007 06:37 PM
Please Read Before asking any Support Questions Bud Morrison Webhosting 5 Oct 27, 2004 06:29 PM
The Official Soholingo flight test comparison thread. tic Electric Sailplanes 15 Jan 20, 2004 03:57 PM