HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2012, 02:06 AM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
833 Posts
canopy set

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk0077 View Post
Thanks for the link but I need the entire canopy. The plastic locking clip broke off and I guess the tape I used wasn't up to the job.
We can special order these sets. To many colors and models to stock with such low demand. Individually shipped from China is about $30 just for shipping costs, so we combine these with our regular parts orders that arrive several times a month.

You will find these Canopy Sets Here: RCLander Canopy Sets

We will make sure the factory includes all the proper clips and hardware with the set.

Hope this helps

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2012, 04:51 AM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2008
1,570 Posts
Almost done

Here's mine:

Bought a PNF kit from HK (Hand lauch version). Replaced the stock fan with CS10 ,TGY L2855 (2300 kv), and Plush 60A ESC. Will run on 3000 mah 5S. This setup runs very well in my HK DH Vampire and I hope it will perform as good in this one.

Must admit this my nicest and best scale looking EDF so far...

Since the CS10 is known to be air angry, I opened the top cheater and installed the perforated PVC cover at the bottom. I metered the fan around 1100 watt in both open and inside plane configuration, which seems to prove it is not starving.

A good looking pilot always makes things more realistic:

AUW with 3000 mah 5S is 1335 gr . That's about 170 gr heavier than my Vampire. The DH hand launches just fine, but I'm a bit concerned this one might be trickier. Any advice from those with HL version will be appreciated (AUW, lauching technique etc...) How about throws and CG ?

Last thing I want is ruin this beauty with bad launch on maiden ....
Manu Simon is offline Find More Posts by Manu Simon
Last edited by Manu Simon; Dec 30, 2012 at 01:50 PM.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 05:59 AM
Alpha Whisky
Queensland - Australia
Joined Jan 2006
274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu Simon View Post
Here's mine:

Bought a PNF kit from HK (Hand lauch version). Replaced the stock fan with CS10 ,TGY L2855 (2300 kv), and Plush 60A ESC. Will run on 3000 mah 5S. This setup runs very well in my HK DH Vampire and I hope it will perform as good in this one.

Must admit this my nicest and best scale looking EDF so far...

Since the CS10 is known to be air angry, I opened the top cheater and installed the perforated PVC cover at the bottom. I metered the fan around 1100 watt in both open and inside plane configuration, which seems to prove it is not starving.

A good looking pilot always things more realistic:

AUW with 3000 mah 5S is 1335 gr . That's about 170 gr heavier than my Vampire. The DH hand launches just fine, but I'm a bit concerned this one might be trickier. Any advice from those with HL version will be appreciated (AUW, lauching technique etc...) How about throws and CG ?

Last thing I want is ruin this beauty with bad launch on maiden ....
Hi Manu,

That`s a fine looking Panther you have there and the numbers sound fine to me. I have both the Vampire and the same model Panther - seconds for both. No, I didn`t break either, just sold them and started again. All are/were hand-launch models.

The Vampire is also fitted with the CS10 2855-2300 setup and flies with either 2650 or 3000 4S lipos. It weighs in at 1.06kg and hand-launches and flies just fine although I still bungee launch it much of the time.

The Panther is fitted with the Lander 4s alloy EDF unit, weighs 1.42 AUW with 4000 4S nano-tech lipos originally used in my Lander Hunter. I don`t have the throws logged but can check them in the morning if you like - getting on for bedtime here right now. CG is marked on the bottom of the fuselage at 20mm behind the rear edge of the 30mm dia shallow hole on the fuselage underside.

I have had maybe a dozen with this model so far, most of them at good size public rallies, and all launches to date have been with the bungee mostly for public appeal.

This model flies as easily as the Vampire but without the strange drawn-out glide that took a little getting used to. From memory the ailerons have about 12mm throw each way and I didn`t bother with a functioning rudder - just not needed here. Elevator about 10mm each way I seem to recall, and 40% expo on both.

I`ll stay with bungee launching this one and can provide you with the details for a cheap and easily made bungee if you like.

Your 5S setup should provide more grunt than the Vampire on 4S and that is probably all to the good. Don`t shrink from it - go for it and enjoy.

Alan W
AlphaWhisky is offline Find More Posts by AlphaWhisky
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:58 AM
Holly Hill, Fl.
Joined Mar 2005
710 Posts
Nice looking Panther!

Regards
Mike
flmlm is offline Find More Posts by flmlm
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:51 PM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2008
1,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flmlm View Post
Nice looking Panther!

Regards
Mike

Thanks Mike !

The chalenge is to keep it as nice as long as possible
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:56 PM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2008
1,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWhisky View Post
Hi Manu,

That`s a fine looking Panther you have there and the numbers sound fine to me. I have both the Vampire and the same model Panther - seconds for both. No, I didn`t break either, just sold them and started again. All are/were hand-launch models.

Alan W
Thanks for the comments Alan.

I never tried any bungee launch so far....Still hope the Panther will make it by hand...

I have a composite Eflite F86 that will need the bungee for sure, but she's still in the box.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:53 AM
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!
Houston, Texas
Joined Mar 2010
3,563 Posts
Manu...great looking plane!

I would go with an 80 amp ESC minimum to handle the load...but I'm a bit conservative on ESC's.

Russ
RGS2010 is offline Find More Posts by RGS2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Catch Up 2013-2014
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:57 PM
Supersonic Engineering
UK, Greater London, Uxbridge
Joined Mar 2001
3,095 Posts
Manu - Santa brought me one just like yours! Have you taken any steps to cover over the open U/C bays?
GordonTarling is offline Find More Posts by GordonTarling
Old Jan 01, 2013, 03:14 AM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2008
1,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGS2010 View Post
Manu...great looking plane!
I would go with an 80 amp ESC minimum to handle the load...but I'm a bit conservative on ESC's.
Russ
I'll see how hot it gets in the Panther... In the Vampire with same setup it's only barely warm. I usually flight those vintage jets scale at 60% throttle most of the time.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 03:18 AM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2008
1,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonTarling View Post
Manu - Santa brought me one just like yours! Have you taken any steps to cover over the open U/C bays?
I used the supplied PVC Sheets to covers the bays, I just made a small cut in the covers so I can grip the plane with one finger in each bay for launch
Old Jan 01, 2013, 05:58 AM
Supersonic Engineering
UK, Greater London, Uxbridge
Joined Mar 2001
3,095 Posts
Thanks!
GordonTarling is offline Find More Posts by GordonTarling
Old Jan 01, 2013, 06:24 AM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2012
746 Posts
can the handlaunch version be fitted with servoless retracts in future if we want to?

And pardon me, will this panther tip stall easily in flight like the vampire?
viperviper is offline Find More Posts by viperviper
Old Jan 01, 2013, 09:16 AM
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
3,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperviper View Post
can the handlaunch version be fitted with servoless retracts in future if we want to?

And pardon me, will this panther tip stall easily in flight like the vampire?
Yes and No.

I fitted the Turnigy DSR-B retracts to my handlaunch vesion.

I find that it does not tip-stall easily if you setup the cg correctly.

Mine had the motor burn-out and on the upwind leg didn't make the runway but just glided down like a leaf without so much as a tip-stall.
anlucas is offline Find More Posts by anlucas
Old Jan 01, 2013, 03:06 PM
Marton, New Zealand
Joined Apr 2005
102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anlucas View Post
Yes and No.

I fitted the Turnigy DSR-B retracts to my handlaunch vesion.

I find that it does not tip-stall easily if you setup the cg correctly.

Mine had the motor burn-out and on the upwind leg didn't make the runway but just glided down like a leaf without so much as a tip-stall.
I put the DSR's into mine as well and have only hand launched it due to not having a decent spot to use as a runway. You do need to make sure that the front LG is flush with the bottom of the airframe otherwise the landing pushes the wheel in a bit and ends up making it weak.

I also fibreglassed mine to increase the strength for belly landings and general hanger rash.

She does require a hefty launch to get airborne and generally has a few seconds while she is on the edge of not making it up, but it always seems to go ok. She's a great flyer though.

I'm now thinking of removing the DSR's to reduce weight.
savvy is offline Find More Posts by savvy
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:47 PM
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!
Houston, Texas
Joined Mar 2010
3,563 Posts
Flying This Weekend

Had great flight this weekend with the Panther.

Three great flights on watery runway due to all the rain here lately. The straight tracking of the landing gear was really great. Using about 50% expo on rudder/nose wheel steering so it is damped down so as not to react too quickly for ground steering. I avoided puddle and got into the air without any trouble. I'm learning to get the Panther into the air a little quicker by holding some up elevator as the model gains speed and not just when I think it's time to rotate...it seems to build lift better this way.It seems to be smoother into the air also. I use about half flaps for take off.

With flaps, retracts, afterburner lights, running lights, and a 4000 mah lipo...it's a pretty heavy foamie. You can "feel" the weight in the air but it fies well. I have to build up some speed before trying to loop but it loops predictably. Aileron rolls are fast enough but I have to always feed in some down elevator to keep it somewhere near level during the roll.

Landings are a thing of beauty with full flaps and about 20% throttle. Don't dive at the ground with very little airspeed as you can run out of up elevator with this heavy plane. Line up far out fairly level and use throttle to manage airspeed with full flaps because you will need thrust with the full flaps setting.

The factory installed afterburner and running lights always get good remarks at the field. But the running lights are barely visible except on the ground, they need to be bigger (like the included landing light).

The HET 4 blade is loud and needs some time to develop speed but does well once in the air but it will not win any time to altitude records. It's mated with E-Flight Power 15 motor 3600 kv, 4S lipos. Getting about 3:30 to 3:45 flight time for the three flights this weekend.

Russ
RGS2010 is offline Find More Posts by RGS2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Catch Up 2013-2014