HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2011, 03:40 AM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by velyter View Post
I am using a flight pack LIFE battery to run the servo's so I don't need to plug into the 3s lipo on my 6s set up?
To get the afterburner ring to work you MUST plug into into the LiPo battery balance plug. The afterburner ring itself gets it's power from the Lipo; the circuit and the nav lights get their power from the receiver pack or a bec, just like the servos do.
Check your Aux channels to make sure they are programmed for 100% and not less (sometimes this is changed for options that don't need just a on or off). What I do is turn the switch on; the slowly turn the pot until the lights turn off; then slowly back it out until they just first turn on; then turn the switch off and they should go off.
Remember if you put these nav lights on your gear switch then your nav light will go off when your retract your gear. Also since you are using a Opto ESC ( you did say you are using a separate receiver pack, yes?) you must have both connectors plugged into the receiver for the circuit to work properly for the Afterburner ring (one lead from the Opto ESC gets plugged into the circuit box on plug 7, RX2; then RX2 gets plugged into Channel 3 on the reciever and then other connector from the receiver pack to power the receiver, servos and circuit board and nav lights)

Regards
Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Parkflying; Nov 16, 2011 at 03:47 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2011, 07:22 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Check out what Tim has been up to..
Cheater hole talk??? NO MORE

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...92&postcount=4

He said he already did some test flights and it works fine..
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Nov 16, 2011, 07:35 AM
You win again gravity!
UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,221 Posts
'Inspired' by something similar over on the lx f22 thread methinks???
SMorrisRC is offline Find More Posts by SMorrisRC
Old Nov 16, 2011, 07:46 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
don't know.. . only thing I knwo is that this guy is still develping his old planes which already have a success and also having new projects on their way ..

His CS is top notch and what else can we expect/???

THAT 90mm PANTHER MAYBE??
Old Nov 16, 2011, 09:48 PM
MN WATTS Master
United States, MN, Mankato
Joined Jul 2003
7,360 Posts
I got the first of two Panthers done today. Just need to do a final check on the gear tracking once it's light outside. It's getting cold up here in MN but the snow is still not here yet and we might have a couple 40 degree days with mild wind left. We'll try to get her in the air ASAP.

It's a 4s setup with RC Lander Fan, electric retracts. I have not weighed it yet so we'll see where I came in there.

Steve
Vintauri is offline Find More Posts by Vintauri
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 16, 2011, 10:01 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
she looks great man .. Only thinf is that the nosecone is upside down lol
Old Nov 16, 2011, 10:10 PM
MN WATTS Master
Joined Jul 2003
7,360 Posts
You're not supposed to notice that. It's what happens when you glue it on while the plane is upside down in the stand.

RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 16, 2011, 10:19 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
lol...
Ok to be completely honest i did that on mine also but noticed it and i turned it around while the glue was still liquid. Now after i got my own personal mark on the cone (kicked it by accident) it has a nice piece of fiber tape to hold it. Ive got a new one but i just wont replace yet. I will leave the scar there for a few months to remind me of my stupidity .
Old Nov 18, 2011, 09:49 AM
MN WATTS Master
Joined Jul 2003
7,360 Posts
Well I used the hotwire last night to chop off the nose and flip it around. Made a fairly smooth cut so only minor sanding was needed for a flush fit and you can hardly tell.

I'll post a new pic just to save some face on my stupid mistake.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 18, 2011, 12:18 PM
Chillaxin dude!
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Joined Apr 2003
4,783 Posts
Tim Wan...

I see in one of the pictures of the new inlet mod.. you have covers over the retracts where they protrude from the bottom of the wing? Are these available to buy separately as I have a couple of models that they could be very useful for?

Also interested in getting the update inlet kit for my 9F Panther..
BulletMaster is offline Find More Posts by BulletMaster
Old Nov 18, 2011, 12:37 PM
Cottonwood Arizona
Joined Aug 2003
582 Posts
New Cheater Duct in top

6 months ago, After watching a clip from Bridges over Toko-Ri I where I got to see the scale inlets on the top I did the mod to my Cougar - followed the panel lines and simply cut the ducts open. Once you paint the inner foam, you hardly see them. I closed up the cheater on the bottom and the plane flew great. Amazing how much suction is developed from those top Cheaters. Nothing to get sucked up and it looks just fine. Good for Tim for doing the same. I may adapt my Panther in the future with the same, though I have yet to have the issue with FOD with the Cheater on the Panther though it makes a lot of sense.

Try it!
topher39 is offline Find More Posts by topher39
Old Nov 18, 2011, 08:25 PM
Joined Apr 2008
944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletMaster View Post
Tim Wan...

I see in one of the pictures of the new inlet mod.. you have covers over the retracts where they protrude from the bottom of the wing? Are these available to buy separately as I have a couple of models that they could be very useful for?

Also interested in getting the update inlet kit for my 9F Panther..
Dear bullemaster,
The related PCV cover for retract can be ordered as spare parts (it is our standard parts for hand launch version). Besides, attached pics are the related new modified auxiliary inlet modification and installation information. The spare parts are come with a solid PVC cover for closing the cheater holes together.
BRs,
Tim
Tim Wan is offline Find More Posts by Tim Wan
Old Nov 19, 2011, 12:05 AM
Chillaxin dude!
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Joined Apr 2003
4,783 Posts
Where do I order from Tim?
BulletMaster is offline Find More Posts by BulletMaster
Old Nov 19, 2011, 12:29 AM
Joined Apr 2008
944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletMaster View Post
Where do I order from Tim?
Pls contact with our dealers who nearby you.

BRs,
Tim
Tim Wan is offline Find More Posts by Tim Wan
Old Nov 19, 2011, 01:03 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Tim.. are there new Molds that already have this modification?