HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 13, 2011, 01:33 PM
5 kilowatt club
Minneapolis Minnesnowtah
Joined Nov 2007
800 Posts
Thanks guys. Yes Steve I'm afraid it's only a matter of time before we'll have snow so I'm preparing to enter building mode myself, hopefully the weather holds so you can get your maiden in.
MNMadman is offline Find More Posts by MNMadman
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2011, 06:38 PM
Aviator
Bellevue, WA
Joined Dec 2007
763 Posts
Panther nav lighting

Has anyone wired the RC Lander pre-installed nav lighting system yet? I purchased the PVC version with Nav lighting and the instructions are a little funky. I got the lights to come on but the lighting ring in the exhaust comes on and stays on. I have it wired to the throttle port in the rx and I have the on/off wired to the gear port but it does not turn on and off with the gear switch. I am using a JR 10sx transmitter 2.4 gz.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Vern
velyter is offline Find More Posts by velyter
Old Nov 14, 2011, 12:34 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by velyter View Post
Has anyone wired the RC Lander pre-installed nav lighting system yet? I purchased the PVC version with Nav lighting and the instructions are a little funky. I got the lights to come on but the lighting ring in the exhaust comes on and stays on. I have it wired to the throttle port in the rx and I have the on/off wired to the gear port but it does not turn on and off with the gear switch. I am using a JR 10sx transmitter 2.4 gz.

Vern
oh that thing is really sensitive. I did it on my dead/crashed/problematic panther but I decided to leave it off this one. those sensors on the light box is really pain in the ass to set.. play with those.
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Nov 14, 2011, 11:16 AM
Aviator
Bellevue, WA
Joined Dec 2007
763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
oh that thing is really sensitive. I did it on my dead/crashed/problematic panther but I decided to leave it off this one. those sensors on the light box is really pain in the ass to set.. play with those.
I got the light ring to work with the throttle but the on/off switch does not work.

Vern
Old Nov 15, 2011, 12:15 AM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by velyter View Post

Vern
Have you adjusted the VR1 and VR2 Pots? Slowly turn VR1 until the light go out with the switch on Tx to off position. Adjust VR2 to increase or decrease the Afterburner ring intensity. See the attached pictures for more help and information

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 15, 2011, 11:01 AM
Aviator
Bellevue, WA
Joined Dec 2007
763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkflying View Post
Have you adjusted the VR1 and VR2 Pots? Slowly turn VR1 until the light go out with the switch on Tx to off position. Adjust VR2 to increase or decrease the Afterburner ring intensity. See the attached pictures for more help and information

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
Thanks for your help. The instructions have position 3 plugged into the gear switch which makes sense the lights go off when the gear goes up. Is that correct or should the lead go into aux 2?
Old Nov 15, 2011, 11:04 AM
Aviator
Bellevue, WA
Joined Dec 2007
763 Posts
Quote:

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
I am using a flight pack LIFE battery to run the servo's so I don't need to plug into the 3s lipo on my 6s set up?
Old Nov 15, 2011, 11:21 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
QUESTION..
Th EDF unit I have is the new DPS system 3580kv with p/n LEDFDPS68-1A36
now on giantcod there is this new one DPS68-1A40 68mm which is also 4s and claims to be 4000kv.

what exactly are the diferences??? because the specs are exactly the same..
Old Nov 15, 2011, 11:22 AM
You win again gravity!
UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,253 Posts
Is it DPS2?
SMorrisRC is offline Find More Posts by SMorrisRC
Old Nov 15, 2011, 11:37 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
no it doesnt say DPS 2.. it's not even in RClander page but Ive seen it somewhere else too.,
btw my DPS replacement arrived from Tim Wan. got one from HKing that got a hit during transit and guess what.. HK wouldn't replace it. Tim Wan did..
i hope it's the new one it's going in my Cougar
I also pmed Tim Wan nad see what hes got to say
Old Nov 15, 2011, 11:54 AM
You win again gravity!
UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,253 Posts
Tim Wan has the BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE ever.
SMorrisRC is offline Find More Posts by SMorrisRC
Old Nov 15, 2011, 11:59 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
I know .
I have many experiences with him and I guess I have the best.. some you can discover in this Thread
Old Nov 15, 2011, 12:13 PM
blackpool-england
Joined Oct 2007
25 Posts
Hi Guys,
Just got a basic airframe kit today and without reading all the pages what fan/motor combo do you recommend.
I have been give a :68mmfan/Motor 3400kv (14.8v) (but it could be the 3400kv, cant remember)PH019-11 Fan -Impeller 5 Blade -From a Phase3 Squall.Would this be any good??
Thanx
Glenn
bonzaiglenn@bt is offline Find More Posts by bonzaiglenn@bt
Old Nov 15, 2011, 07:48 PM
Aviator
Bellevue, WA
Joined Dec 2007
763 Posts
Quote:

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
I have it on the aux 2 and if I put the switch to off and then turn down pot until light goes off it won't come back on when I flip the switch back to on. I also put it into aux 1 for the gear and that does not work either.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 02:52 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMorrisRC View Post
Tim Wan has the BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE ever.
I got my answer from Tim Wan regarding the DPS series.
The first ones were 3580kv. According to Tim The performance was good but not stable to all 4pole motors.so they cahnged the batch to something new that's more stable and meets or overcomes the performance illustrated.
to add to that my own 3580kv DPS was producing 1030 watts at 69 amps so I was very satisfied since it was pushing my 1.82kg panther real well.
Now in my 1.4 and 1.38kg cougar(depending on what battery I use) this should perform real well can't wait to maiden the F9F-8 now
Once again Thanks Tim... Great Service..
And also.. I got the Mig-17 retracts and struts to put in my flyfly MB339.
They look absolutely GORGEOUS. anw.. on the work bench now