Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 13, 2011, 06:52 AM
Alpha Whisky
Queensland - Australia
Joined Jan 2006
274 Posts
I made an impulse buy of one of the $66 Lander Panther bare kits a week or so back.

Since then I have spent several hours sifting through the froth and online ping-pong here looking for useful information. It`s been hard work and I`ll soon start putting some of it to use when I start assembling the model.

No doubt there will be some more questions arise as I go and I will intend post a few of them here.

Here`s a start.

This kit was supplied with Lander alloy EDF unit/motor in a separate bubble pack. I haven`t opened the pack yet but it has a label KV4370 attached.

I guess this may be the 'old stock' gear and maybe not capable of handling 4S power? Can anyone throw some light on that?

I intend to assemble this model as a basic hand-launch job with no flaps, undercarriage or other add-ons and as such assume it will perform OK on 3S which is where I intend to start.

I have used Hxt900 servos on all my other, admittedly smaller, EDF`s to date and no failures yet. Will these be sufficient on this model. If not, what others are recommended. For practical and economical reasons I buy most of my gear from HK.

Any help here will be appreciated.

Thankyou,

Alan W
AlphaWhisky is offline Find More Posts by AlphaWhisky
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2011, 08:11 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
the 4370kv is 3s setuo. You need a 60amp esc or you can go 80amp just to beready if you want to go 6s at some pount. I have hxt900 too an all my models.. More than enough. I only have one metal gear servo on mine and it's the steering servo that you wont need.

Another tip its to put as much throw on your ailerons if you want to do rolls.. Ans also do the same for the elevator. You can squeeze-press the foam of the moving surface at the hinges to allow it move more
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Aug 13, 2011, 08:43 AM
Cottonwood Arizona
Joined Aug 2003
584 Posts
The 900Hxt servos are great, use them in a variety of small and LARGE models, you will be just fine using them in the Panther.

The Fan unit is just fine but the High KV needed for 3s is an AMP hog, the lower KV motor/fan made for 4s is a better choice. You play with what you have for now but as Pavcon says you can always pickup the 4s version from HK and still be ahead of the game.

Chris
topher39 is online now Find More Posts by topher39
Old Aug 13, 2011, 09:27 AM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamerjoe View Post
I actually went to parkrcmodels first to tell the honest truth, but when I checked the site I was immediately enticed to the RC Lander stuff by a large graphic link on the home page with the F9F on it. When I clicked it took me to $129.95 choices that have no esc, motor, fan, or servos. I did not see the PNF model that you are linking here. That one should be first and foremost apparent on the list, in my opinion. Once I looked at the stripped versions with a $129.95 price I did not look any further.
I agree and Thanks for checking out us first. Thank you for pointing out that you had a difficult time navigating our site. Thankfully, hundreds of buyers a week see the table of contents that offer 3 different categories of RClander Jets. These PNF Jet got added to allow our US Customers who prefer to buy from a US Dealer to get a competitive deal. Our decision to not link the home page to these PNF offerings was motivated by the fact we only make $4 profit AND 80% of our RCLander Sales are Custom Factory built Jets with options the buyers choose. Because of our volume, we pay the same fee for these PNF as HK, we simply could not survive as a business on that profit margin. Like I said, these PNF offerings are a great deal for the buyer and you got a great deal regardless of you buying from HK or us.
Should you need any help, upgrades, replacements or service related support on factory defects or other issues, please don't hesitate to contact us in the future for assistance.

Max
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Parkflying; Aug 13, 2011 at 09:39 AM.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 02:09 PM
United States, CA, Diamond Bar
Joined Jul 2011
514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkflying View Post
I agree and Thanks for checking out us first. Thank you for pointing out that you had a difficult time navigating our site. Thankfully, hundreds of buyers a week see the table of contents that offer 3 different categories of RClander Jets. These PNF Jet got added to allow our US Customers who prefer to buy from a US Dealer to get a competitive deal. Our decision to not link the home page to these PNF offerings was motivated by the fact we only make $4 profit AND 80% of our RCLander Sales are Custom Factory built Jets with options the buyers choose. Because of our volume, we pay the same fee for these PNF as HK, we simply could not survive as a business on that profit margin. Like I said, these PNF offerings are a great deal for the buyer and you got a great deal regardless of you buying from HK or us.
Should you need any help, upgrades, replacements or service related support on factory defects or other issues, please don't hesitate to contact us in the future for assistance.

Max
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction for when I upgrade my F9F or just need replacement parts. It makes me feel better to know that your company did not miss out on much profit for the hand launcher plane I purchased, but I am glad that I can use your US-based company for parts and services later and we will both win!
Gamerjoe is offline Find More Posts by Gamerjoe
Old Aug 13, 2011, 04:25 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
parkrc see, to be a swerious company.. Im now buying the stuffing for my flyfly mirage and when i get to byt the airframe i will buy from them + glassing and retracys. Despite that i live across the globe. I know when i see a company who do their job well and will stand behind their products..
Old Aug 14, 2011, 12:12 AM
Suspended Account
Auckland - New Zealand
Joined Dec 2010
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamerjoe View Post
I just ordered one of these cool looking RC Lander hand launch versions from HobbyKing today, as a PNF! They sell it at a very low price of $141, which includes everything but the RX and battery. They have 3 of the color combinations available too! I opted for the standard issue blue one...

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=17217

Now I need to stay calm for a few weeks until it arrives.
i got the same Gray & Red don't forget only 3s on this baby i run Hyperion 3s 5500mAh 35c lipos draws 59Amps @770watts
I tried 4s 4000mAh Nanotech 99Amps @1410watts
Adrian_M is offline Find More Posts by Adrian_M
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 14, 2011, 12:30 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
yes. On 4s its fast but just for a while
3-4s its just 3.7volts. Doubling the wattage might say something...???
Its actually heat. Not power
Old Aug 14, 2011, 01:19 AM
Suspended Account
Auckland - New Zealand
Joined Dec 2010
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
yes. On 4s its fast but just for a while
3-4s its just 3.7volts. Doubling the wattage might say something...???
Its actually heat. Not power
i didn't attempt to run it with the 60 amp esc i have a Hk Birdie 110A Brushless ESC (OPTO) coming 20usd lol will try it for a laugh
Old Aug 14, 2011, 01:29 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
you will burn the motor...i
Ofcourse you can get a motor only and convert it to 4s. Np has them or you can get a 2w-20 motor.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 01:53 AM
Suspended Account
Auckland - New Zealand
Joined Dec 2010
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
you will burn the motor...i
Ofcourse you can get a motor only and convert it to 4s. Np has them or you can get a 2w-20 motor.
i have 1W30 & het fan to go in it perfect motor for a 4s setup just want to see how long it will go before it dies
Old Aug 14, 2011, 02:17 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
it won't die.. most probably your battery will die if you keep pushing it that hard:P
ok and the ESC i it wont' be able to sync the high rpm
Old Aug 14, 2011, 02:27 AM
Suspended Account
Auckland - New Zealand
Joined Dec 2010
1,554 Posts
Thanks Hk hasn't sent it yet so i will try to exchange it didn't see it on the esc good spotting
cheers
Last edited by Adrian_M; Aug 14, 2011 at 04:55 AM.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 04:46 PM
Alpha Whisky
Queensland - Australia
Joined Jan 2006
274 Posts
Handlaunch 3S Panther

Spent some time yesterday inspecting the box contents and then more time wading through some of this forum.

Immediate questions:-

I haven`t been able to release the big top canopy hatch panel as yet. Have applied some ignorance but haven`t got around to the brute force as yet. It seems there may be two pegs locating it at the rear, but I can`t see what is holding the front, and whatever it is it hasn`t moved yet. If I apply some pressure from underneath will it just release upwards, or will I break something? Inasmuch as this hatch has to be removed for battery changes, are magnets here worthy of consideration ...?

I`ve read plenty here about ballooning when the power is reduced. Has this got anything to do with correlation between wing and stab incidence? Any early job is to fit the stab to the fin. I note some minor surgery is required here. I intend to shave equal amounts from the top and bottom of the slot in the fin, slide in and glue the stab with epoxy, and then make-up the gap with epoxy and micro-balloons. Is there a better way?

Should I consider altering the stab incidence in any way as I do this early operation?

I might just fit the four HXT 900 servos while I wait for a reply here. I intend to check their centering and then use the glue gun. Is this recommended or is there a better way?

Thanks,

Alan W
AlphaWhisky is offline Find More Posts by AlphaWhisky
Old Aug 14, 2011, 05:05 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
just apply as much pressur needed to the front.. Its always too stiff to release.. Dont worry. You wont break anything...
My opinion is that the balooning is incidence created by the way you place the horizontal stb + the cheater hole if it stays uncovered.

I also used glue gun for my hxts dont worry