HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 19, 2010, 12:39 AM
The Need4Speed
Malaysia, Perak, Ipoh
Joined Aug 2008
909 Posts
I think mine's the plastic base type retract. Even when the retracts are fully extended with the servo buzzing (pushing ) I can still fold the retracts back in with a firm push.

Nd4spd
fooyukvoon is offline Find More Posts by fooyukvoon
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2010, 05:22 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
ok ok ok .. you conviced me.. those retracts are gone..
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Dec 19, 2010, 11:49 AM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
3,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
thanks guys.. I will buy the metal retracts then also thinking of making my own custom flaps since I'm going to get into this "fuss"
adding flaps at the stock location is a easy mod , thats the one thing i did have on the cheapy with fixed gear. fun to play with , slows the f9f for landing , but not necessary on sub 45oz auw, imo. really depends on runway size. fun enough i will do it again for the nib i have waiting.

chuck.
chas650r is online now Find More Posts by chas650r
Old Dec 19, 2010, 11:59 AM
Newton and I are good friends
United States, NC, Asheville
Joined Jan 2009
2,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
ok ok ok .. you conviced me.. those retracts are gone..
Good choice pav ....either the mechanical metal suspension or the electric ones...you wont be dissapointed...

Chuck for sure Flaps not needed but sure is a cool mod and easy to do on this nice edf...plan on doin flaps on my next one....DJ
olwarbirds is offline Find More Posts by olwarbirds
Old Dec 19, 2010, 03:11 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
oh guyys.. also oredered the DX8
The Panther is going to be the first plane on it
Old Dec 19, 2010, 11:55 PM
The Need4Speed
Malaysia, Perak, Ipoh
Joined Aug 2008
909 Posts
Guess what, I fiddled with the servo horn and the retract rod and managed to get it to "LOCK" on. Now it is working perfectly both extended and retracted. Now to work on the front retract. Seems the servo was good enough but b'cos I used the outer most hole on the horn, I think the angle or the load on the servo arm movement was affected.

Nd4spd
Old Dec 20, 2010, 07:59 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
guess what??? ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT THE STOCK PLASTIC BASIC GEARS WORK NOW ? ? ?
Old Dec 20, 2010, 08:24 AM
Joined Jan 2009
2,050 Posts
Like I previously stated, some patience a little time and the stock ones will work....

Pav, nice radio choice man. Been looking at that DX8 myself, wish they had a DX9
I think your better off with the metal LG setup anyways bud, ive been rather rough on mine with my carrier type landings and have not had a single problem with them..im definately getting the electric metal suspension retracts from RCLanders on my next one ..DJ
Old Dec 20, 2010, 08:35 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
I would love to get the electrics.. I like the facts that they also have repair parts on sale.
(I saw somehwere) but they cost 3 times the price of the metal ones which they will do the job.
I'm gonna take a look in the box now and see if I have the gear doors. but I doubt it
Old Dec 20, 2010, 09:23 AM
The Need4Speed
Malaysia, Perak, Ipoh
Joined Aug 2008
909 Posts
Pavcon,

I had to keep trying. Was taxiing it around the living room just now.

Nd4spd
Old Dec 20, 2010, 08:37 PM
Custom Crasher
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jan 2010
748 Posts
Ok, I have everything for this jet now with the exception of the control rods and horns!
Kids, wife, someone (me) leaving them someplace where they would be round filed by another not knowing what they were. Anyone have an idea where I could just get just a set of rods and horns from?
Thanks.
lowkeylaidback is offline Find More Posts by lowkeylaidback
Old Dec 20, 2010, 08:43 PM
Joined Jan 2009
2,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowkeylaidback View Post
Ok, I have everything for this jet now with the exception of the control rods and horns!
Kids, wife, someone (me) leaving them someplace where they would be round filed by another not knowing what they were. Anyone have an idea where I could just get just a set of rods and horns from?
Thanks.
Hobbyshop, get some ez connectors, pushrod material that will be threaded on one end..control surface horns come in multi packs different sizes ..there inexpensive..use to live in jacksonville, i know theres numerous hobbyshops around to get ur stuff needed quickly.....happy buildn ...

Pav, u can easily make some gear doors bud...somewhere on this thread someone had a brilliant idea on how to do it too...DJ
Old Dec 21, 2010, 01:10 AM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
3,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fooyukvoon View Post
Pavcon,

I had to keep trying. Was taxiing it around the living room just now.

Nd4spd
good luck when u land on them!!
Old Dec 21, 2010, 01:21 AM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
3,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowkeylaidback View Post
Thanks.
that was a blessing in disguise. the stock one side horns are a lousy choice imo. i got some dubro 1/2 a horns with backup plates and screws, much better. then used the old school 1/16" push rods with the threaded ends and good nylon clevises, they have a larger pin and fit the 1/2a horns. a z bend and your done, strong and adjustable.

chuck
Old Dec 21, 2010, 11:30 PM
Holly Hill, Fl.
Joined Mar 2005
702 Posts
Just purchased an empty airframe...I've got a PC version but I really want to experience a light weight version 4c....loooking forward to no extras and a just straight up airframe...complete with the snowman pilot...ohhh he's gotta go!!!

Regards

Mike
flmlm is offline Find More Posts by flmlm