SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 04, 2008, 04:37 AM
Bishops Stortford, UK
Joined Dec 2005
157 Posts
I fly off grass too, and have done the same mods as you, but I have found the gear legs are forever getting bent backwards. They weren't designed to get hammered from use on grass. I've got on order a set of SF retracts as used on the Executive Jet. They have a pre bent spring coil on the gear legs, but apart from that they look identical so should be an easy swap. Been thinking about a set of metal body retracts as well as from previous experience the plastic won't last. You guys who fly off smooth tarmac surfaces are sooo lucky !!
Airbusboy is offline Find More Posts by Airbusboy
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2008, 05:50 AM
Bleriot's R Us
Ireland, Donegal
Joined Nov 2003
1,078 Posts
Just want to confirm that the fan unit sits with the curved lip over the curved foremost moulding on the foam as there is no specific grove in the foam for the 8mm ring around the fan unit. I have the 68-1A 4300 fan.

Also do you run the wires Under the fan unit (looking at it with the fuselage upside down)
xairflyer is offline Find More Posts by xairflyer
Old Sep 04, 2008, 10:41 AM
Canada, NS, Truro
Joined Aug 2004
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wan
Dear Charles,

This flying video was taken on early of last month during rainy and strong wind weather. It was powered by 11.1V 3S 2500mAH x 2 as a maiden flight.
Also the setting was not yet trim well on that time. Due to the weather too bad. I was just taken one flight only on that day. After I am so busy no time to make another flight for her. FYI, She will be taken off again on tomorrow. I will post the video for sharing with all of you.
Thanks for your interesting in our products and welcome any comment.

Thanks.
Tim
Thanks for your explanation Tim, I've ordered a Rafale M from Robert, I'm looking forward to receiving it.
Charles,
mobird is offline Find More Posts by mobird
Old Sep 04, 2008, 10:42 AM
Canada, NS, Truro
Joined Aug 2004
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMigKiller
Hi Charles,
Ohh you meant the Rafale... *sigh* sorry I was reffering to the Panther. I will ask a buddy of mine who is doing the testing on the Rafale and get back to you ASAP.

Vic
No problem Vic, I've ordered a Rafale from Robert, I'll look out for your buddy's post.
Cheers,
Charles.
mobird is offline Find More Posts by mobird
Old Sep 04, 2008, 10:45 AM
St.Petersburg, FL
Joined Feb 2004
1,345 Posts
XAIRFLYER asked:
Just want to confirm that the fan unit sits with the curved lip over the curved foremost moulding on the foam as there is no specific grove in the foam for the 8mm ring around the fan unit. I have the 68-1A 4300 fan.

I have the same question concerning the 3900 68-1A EDF unit. Exactly which groove does the front lip rest in?

I am also having some trouble understanding the nose gear retracts. Specifically, Is the steering arm where it needs to be as shipped or is some adjustment of the angle of the steering arm needed?

sp
sperry is offline Find More Posts by sperry
Old Sep 04, 2008, 11:40 AM
Joined Apr 2008
949 Posts
Metal EDF68-1A installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by xairflyer

Also do you run the wires Under the fan unit (looking at it with the fuselage upside down)
Dear xairflyer,

Please refer to the attached photoe to install the EDF68-1A fan unit into F9F-2. Since the original postion is designed for our noraml EDF68-1AP. So you need to make a 8mm curvey slot to install the metal EDF set and do the same thing on the EDF cover too. Please be reminded to use two strong double foam tape to fix the EDF set then tight up the long 3mm screw that so.
Hope this above information is clear to you. If you have any question, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks.
Tim
Tim Wan is offline Find More Posts by Tim Wan
Old Sep 04, 2008, 11:59 AM
Joined Apr 2008
949 Posts
Nose gear steering issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
XAIRFLYER asked:

I have the same question concerning the 3900 68-1A EDF unit. Exactly which groove does the front lip rest in?

I am also having some trouble understanding the nose gear retracts. Specifically, Is the steering arm where it needs to be as shipped or is some adjustment of the angle of the steering arm needed?

sp
Dear sperry,

Please refer to the attached photoe which can assist you to make the steering better.
If you have any question, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks.
Tim
Old Sep 04, 2008, 12:00 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,704 Posts
Tim,

Just a quick note to say that you are doing an AMAZING job at providing EXCELLENT customer support for your product here!
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 04, 2008, 12:19 PM
Joined Apr 2008
949 Posts
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARNESJONR
Tim,

Just a quick note to say that you are doing an AMAZING job at providing EXCELLENT customer support for your product here!
Dear Jon,

This is our service and hope everyone to be enjoyed our products well.

Tim
Old Sep 04, 2008, 12:41 PM
St.Petersburg, FL
Joined Feb 2004
1,345 Posts
Thanks for the nose gear photo Tim. That answers my question.

I'm still not too clear about the curved slot for the EDF68-1A. Is the curved slot 8mm wide or 8mm from the existing one?

We really do appreciate your responses

sp
Old Sep 04, 2008, 12:56 PM
Joined Apr 2008
949 Posts
curvy slot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
Thanks for the nose gear photo Tim. That answers my question.

I'm still not too clear about the curved slot for the EDF68-1A. Is the curved slot 8mm wide or 8mm from the existing one?

We really do appreciate your responses

sp
Dear sperry,

you just make 8mm wide of curved slot to fill in the EDF. That is OK.
Thanks.
Tim
Old Sep 04, 2008, 08:44 PM
St.Petersburg, FL
Joined Feb 2004
1,345 Posts
I can't believe I did this, though experience says I shouldn't be surprised. I went and lost the nose gear retract pushrod. I've turned the place upside down and cannot find it.

Tim, can I order a replacement from RC LAnder? In lieu if that would someone be kind enough to provide me with a photo or two and some dimensions so I can bend up my own.

I would find the single most complex shape in the box to loose.. Doh!!

sp
Old Sep 04, 2008, 08:47 PM
It should fly at least once
Australia, NSW, Grenfell
Joined Mar 2006
2,598 Posts
Post 172 shows the rod your after I think
clive45 is online now Find More Posts by clive45
Old Sep 04, 2008, 08:59 PM
St.Petersburg, FL
Joined Feb 2004
1,345 Posts
Thanks, I was hunting for that pic on the wrong thread. I'm sure I can bend up something that will operate.

I was fitting & fiddling and just couldn't see how I was going to operate the retract with the plastic wheel well in place. Now I see that slot and I'm much relieved. I have this and other threads to hand on my home comuter, but I'm at work now and having to look it all up again.

Thanks Clive
Old Sep 04, 2008, 09:50 PM
It should fly at least once
Australia, NSW, Grenfell
Joined Mar 2006
2,598 Posts
Sperry, no problems at all. Waiting to hear how it goes. I am very interested in one of these as our club is getting anew runway laid but I'm not sure how smooth it will be, also waiting for all the bugs to be ironed out by you guys
So far so good with good back up from the manufacturer..

Cheers
clive45 is online now Find More Posts by clive45