HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 30, 2008, 09:26 PM
Cape Cod, MA
Joined Jul 2008
8 Posts
Question
Best Simulator for HZ Super Cub and PZ t-28???

Looking to find a flight simulator that best represents both my SC(flown) and my PZ T-28(customized by my instructor and flown by him but not me). I purchased both of the planes from my instructor lightly used, and I intend on keeping them that way. I have never crashed my Super Cub, and have been a console video gamer for many years. (i.e. Grand Theft Auto Series, Halo Series) I have flown many successful flights on Microsoft FS 2k4(with my keyboard) and also have tried the Real Flight G4 demo(also with keyboard) and am proficient with both. What I mostly need is a USB-TX that feels similar enough, and planes to fly that mostly resemble the ones I have. I also have the Multiplex Easy Star(Unflown by me). The worst part isn't the lack of the sim but the lack of fair weather and daylight time off of work. Any suggestions would help, at this point I am leaning towards the FSone complete package from HZ.

P.S. maybe you could also recommend a next plane to start looking at as well(no belly landers due to landing strip). Thank you in advance.
grtninja is offline Find More Posts by grtninja
Last edited by grtninja; Jul 30, 2008 at 09:36 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2008, 08:21 AM
Canada, ON, Oakville
Joined May 2008
1,954 Posts
I have been very impressed with the Clearview sim with eSKY USB controller. I fly the HZ supercub in it all the time and find it very true to life (once the eSKY controller arrived).

I have also tried the T-28 a few times and that flew well but I can't comment on the realism of that as I havn't flown one for real.

I was just telling folks yesterday how impressed I am with Clearview. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=901562

Also Clearview has regular free upgrades for life and first class support.
Toppers is offline Find More Posts by Toppers
Old Jul 31, 2008, 03:32 PM
Cape Cod, MA
Joined Jul 2008
8 Posts
I downloaded Clearview and tried the time sensative demo breifly this morning, graphics and sound quality are nice. I purchased the eSKY set from ebay this afternoon, and will continue the time sensative demo after i get the controller. Thanks for the advice, it's definately a cheaper route rather than $99 + shipping and between MSFS 2k4 and the demos, I should get a lot of practice on the rainy days and dark nights. As for the T-28 downloadable, I have SEEN it fly quite a bit and will easily be able to comment on the realism once I get the controller in hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toppers
I have been very impressed with the Clearview sim with eSKY USB controller. I fly the HZ supercub in it all the time and find it very true to life (once the eSKY controller arrived).

I have also tried the T-28 a few times and that flew well but I can't comment on the realism of that as I havn't flown one for real.

I was just telling folks yesterday how impressed I am with Clearview. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=901562

Also Clearview has regular free upgrades for life and first class support.
grtninja is offline Find More Posts by grtninja
Old Jul 31, 2008, 09:48 PM
Round Lake, IL
Joined Oct 2007
415 Posts
Fly the model that is the breakable model for the T-28. I tweaked down the power a little and it seems pretty realistic to me. I have both the Cub and T-28 an dboth fly pretty close to the real thing. Don
handyflyer is offline Find More Posts by handyflyer
Old Aug 01, 2008, 12:27 AM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,236 Posts
The clearview T28 is very accurate when you add a touch of weight and a touch less power.
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Aug 16, 2008, 05:19 PM
Joined Jul 2007
754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister
The clearview T28 is very accurate when you add a touch of weight and a touch less power.
How do you do that?

When I fly my T28 in real life I have to add a bit of "up" and "down" to get it to
do barrel rolls in a straight line.

The T28 on mine is far from accurate, barrel rolls are perfictly on the axis of
the plane( not like real life) and outside loops are far to tight, insde loops are to
tight too.
The_RattleSnake is offline Find More Posts by The_RattleSnake