HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 30, 2008, 02:21 PM
Joined Jul 2008
1 Posts
Question
SkyArtec Cessna 182 1530kv motor

Hi Guys,

I have had my C182 for several weeks now, but although all controls work ok, I cannot get the motor to work. I have tried with 3 different transmitters. My main Tx is a Futaba ff9. It has a new ArtTech 6 channel dual conversion receiver and compatible crystals. All I get when connecting the lipo is...music? and beeps. Is there any way of checking that the motor is not a dud? I've already had to return a Corona receiver to Hobby City at a cost of around $10.00 so I hope I don't have to send this motor back! Tx battery and C182 Lipo both fully charged. I already did all the Mods as advised by LOBO and I really want to get this plane in the air.

All advice greatly appreciated.

Louie

PS: I'm a Scotsman living in Yorkshire UK.
psvpilot59 is offline Find More Posts by psvpilot59
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2008, 07:22 PM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,297 Posts
Man I wish I could help. I know that Hobby City offers a device that allows you to program the esc and possibly that is all you need to get the motor to function. I would suggest disconnecting the motor and to try it on a different esc but I know that the motor is hard wired to the esc. So sadly I have no other options for you. Hopefully someone else can chime in here to help you out more.

Orion
Orion Pax is offline Find More Posts by Orion Pax
Old Jul 30, 2008, 08:15 PM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,008 Posts
re

Louie,

Do you have any other esc's or motors from another aircraft? It could be a bad Rx circuit, esc or motor--although you probably already knew that Simplest/quickest would be to swap out each of those 3 items one at a time. These brushless motors run on a/c current, so I suppose you could cut the motor free from the esc wires and check the a/c output from the esc with a mutlimeter. If all controls work, and esc makes music the most likely problem would in fact be the motor, so why not just order/purchase a similar motor for about $10 and give it a shot?

Let us know what you find...

Sam
Sammy70 is offline Find More Posts by Sammy70