HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 29, 2008, 01:53 PM
AMA 14680
Northern Nevada
Joined Mar 2007
1,581 Posts
Video
The Video Maiden of Skyote NX8XX

With only a sight breeze to contend with, I took the Skyote out this morning. I made four flights total. My video techiques have to be improved for sure as most of it was not usable so I cut it to try and get enough to show you the plane. Mostly I videoed blue sky, especially when the plane was close to me.

I'm going to practice more tomorrow morning. Enjoy... Bob
Foamenator is offline Find More Posts by Foamenator
Last edited by Foamenator; Jul 29, 2008 at 06:15 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2008, 02:42 PM
I'm not flying backwards!
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
Nice, very nice!
Tony65x55 is offline Find More Posts by Tony65x55
Old Jul 29, 2008, 05:42 PM
Luis Claudio - Rio - Brazil
Brasil, RJ, Rio de Janeiro
Joined Apr 2005
2,391 Posts
Cool!!!
Luis_Claudio is offline Find More Posts by Luis_Claudio
Old Sep 02, 2008, 09:33 AM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,451 Posts
Bob: super plane! and a good flyer, it seems. Does it like light air only?

I feel for ya on the vids, Some of the best maneuvers I ever did were just outside the camera frame! Ah, well, eventually we will get those perfect pics if we keep doing the filming!
springer is online now Find More Posts by springer
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 02, 2008, 10:40 AM
AMA 14680
Northern Nevada
Joined Mar 2007
1,581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer
Bob: super plane! and a good flyer, it seems. Does it like light air only?

I feel for ya on the vids, Some of the best maneuvers I ever did were just outside the camera frame! Ah, well, eventually we will get those perfect pics if we keep doing the filming!
Hey Springer... The little Skyote is pretty wind sensitive, since it is so light and I used an u/c wing. It flys a lot like a light weight BB with the u/c wing. Bob
Foamenator is offline Find More Posts by Foamenator
Old Oct 15, 2011, 12:20 PM
United States, PA, Meadville
Joined Feb 2011
152 Posts
My Skyote

In deciding to build this plane I was curious as to the lack of a posting of the plane built just as the plans suggested. In spite of this I went ahead and built to the best of my ability the plane just as Tony designed it. This is my result. It is powered by a BW 1300 on an 8x4 prop, 10 amp headsup esc and a rhino 460 3sp from montorc. It has 4 TP 5gr servos (4 pack from hobbypartz). It balanced perfectly with no additional modifications or added weight. It flew perfectly on its maiden incl. ROG and landing. I am impressed with it and can't wait to really explore its capability when I become a better pilot. It does NOT fly like Tony's SE5A ie. it goes where you point it so you better be on your toes and paying attention. I work in $tree foam. The only mods I made were to put a stick along the bottom of the rear fuz to stiffen things up, my wooden spar inserts and flying wires. I would be glad to discuss the build and the set up I use to fly it on my DX6I, just pm me if you prefer for simplicity.
davovinch is offline Find More Posts by davovinch