HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 28, 2008, 06:11 AM
Registered User
Northern Ireland
Joined Mar 2005
147 Posts
Yep. I just got an email yesterday saying it was being produced in late August and available early September. Cant wait to get one. Body looks really nice.

Some specs received:

overview : . Driven by two 370 super motors, equipped with digital servo and updated Esky 4ch transmitter.
.
copper counterweight adopted flybar stabilizes the heli in various flight states, silk-printing process provides bright colored & high lustrous canopy.
.
The high intensity carbon fiber-plastic made landing skid suits in various takeoff & flight conditions and is helpful to the beginners. Its able to fly outdoors in breeze.
Specification:

l 370 super motor * 2pcs
l 4 in 1 controller
l 7.5g digital servo * 2pcs
l upgraded 4ch transmitter
l 11.1V Li-Polymer battery

Length: 500mm
teammpp is offline Find More Posts by teammpp
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2008, 09:03 AM
I fly ghetto stuff.
Velktron's Avatar
Greece
Joined Aug 2007
926 Posts
I'd like to see an Esky EK1H-020 vs Walkera 53#1 comparative review with all pros and cons, although I'd probably go for Esky due to better electronics/radios and knowing the ruggedness and reliability of the Lama V3. If "xtreme" upgrades appear for this one too, it will be a very interesting camera platform or just fun free flying machine.
Velktron is offline Find More Posts by Velktron
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2008, 05:43 AM
Registered User
Northern Ireland
Joined Mar 2005
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velktron
I'd like to see an Esky EK1H-020 vs Walkera 53#1 comparative review with all pros and cons, although I'd probably go for Esky due to better electronics/radios and knowing the ruggedness and reliability of the Lama V3. If "xtreme" upgrades appear for this one too, it will be a very interesting camera platform or just fun free flying machine.
Once I get the esky i will do a full comparison on the 2. I already have the Walkera 53#1. The Walkera will be hard to beat as far as flight characteristics go. From what I have been told by a couple of sources the blades on the esky are around 500mm too. Should be more stable once balanced and trimmed properly.
teammpp is offline Find More Posts by teammpp
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2008, 09:42 AM
Registered User
Perth
Joined Jun 2007
163 Posts
I was going to get a 53#1 but I decided to wait after hearing about this one. I look forward to your review Teammpp. Do we have a price estimate at all ?
The Touch is offline Find More Posts by The Touch
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2008, 10:42 PM
Registered User
Manila Ninoy Intl, Philippines
Joined Nov 2001
1,324 Posts
Pictures



Big coax



Eurocopter




KOB

It's on the Esky website.
deadduck is offline Find More Posts by deadduck
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2008, 12:50 AM
Registered User
Perth
Joined Jun 2007
163 Posts
EK1H-E020 Specifications
(1).Main rotor diameter: 460mm;
(2).Weight:410g;
(3).Length:510mm,width:110mm, height:260mm;
(4).Power system:370 motor*2;
(5).KIT/ARF/RTF:RTF;
(6).Transmitter:4 CH (including training switch and simulator port);
(7).Mix controller:Receiver and 3in1 Controller;
(8).Servo:digital servos;weight:7.5g;torque:1.3kg.CM;speed:0.12S/60
(9).Battery:11.1V 800mAh Li-polymer battery.

HM 53#1 Specifications

1). Main Rotor Dia. B : 450mm
2). Main Rotor Dia. A : 450mm
3). 53#8 Overall Length: 470mm
4). 53#1 Overall Length: 440mm
5). 53#8 All-up Weight: 365g (Battery included)
6). 53#1 All-up Weight: 359g (Battery included)
7). Main Motor: 2*370SH
8). Battery: 7.4V 1200mAh Li-Po
9).Servo: wk-7.6-3 / weight 8.5g / speed 0.11sec/60o(4.8V) / torque 0.9kg/cm (4.8V) / dimension 22.5*11.5*24mm


So it's slightly larger than the 53#1 and heavier
The Touch is offline Find More Posts by The Touch
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2008, 06:33 AM
Registered User
Northern Ireland
Joined Mar 2005
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Touch
EK1H-E020 Specifications
(1).Main rotor diameter: 460mm;
(2).Weight:410g;
(3).Length:510mm,width:110mm, height:260mm;
(4).Power system:370 motor*2;
(5).KIT/ARF/RTF:RTF;
(6).Transmitter:4 CH (including training switch and simulator port);
(7).Mix controller:Receiver and 3in1 Controller;
(8).Servo:digital servos;weight:7.5g;torque:1.3kg.CM;speed:0.12S/60
(9).Battery:11.1V 800mAh Li-polymer battery.

HM 53#1 Specifications

1). Main Rotor Dia. B : 450mm
2). Main Rotor Dia. A : 450mm
3). 53#8 Overall Length: 470mm
4). 53#1 Overall Length: 440mm
5). 53#8 All-up Weight: 365g (Battery included)
6). 53#1 All-up Weight: 359g (Battery included)
7). Main Motor: 2*370SH
8). Battery: 7.4V 1200mAh Li-Po
9).Servo: wk-7.6-3 / weight 8.5g / speed 0.11sec/60o(4.8V) / torque 0.9kg/cm (4.8V) / dimension 22.5*11.5*24mm


So it's slightly larger than the 53#1 and heavier
Not quite the 500mm I heard but at least they are bigger than the Walkera which was close enough . Not got a price for them yet unfortunately. Im seriously doubting the 800mah battery will do the job. I believe the 370 motors will draw too much current from it after a few minutes flying. Probably take the extra couple of grams weight penalty and upgrade to 1200mah packs if they fit.
teammpp is offline Find More Posts by teammpp
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 01, 2008, 07:30 AM
Registered User
kodak_jack's Avatar
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,891 Posts
Price?

That heli is on par with a HBFP as far as size goes(19" rotor diameter). That makes it questionable for in- house use, so, it needs to be capable of outside flight, preferably in a little wind as most of us face. I'd be interested in a price. The KOB is the way to go!
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 01, 2008, 08:49 AM
Resident Skeptican
Barak1001's Avatar
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
In the E-sky catalog it's listed two ways.

As the "Big Lama" and as the "Outside Lama". Point being is that they plan on it being flown outside.
Barak1001 is offline Find More Posts by Barak1001
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 01, 2008, 11:01 AM
I fly ghetto stuff.
Velktron's Avatar
Greece
Joined Aug 2007
926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barak1001
In the E-sky catalog it's listed two ways.

As the "Big Lama" and as the "Outside Lama". Point being is that they plan on it being flown outside.
Isn't the "outside flight" capability all about being FP or CP? AFAIK, FP blades will always be a dog to fly outside in the wind, regardless of their size. So OK, this big bird may get more headspeed and lifting power, but won't it have the same wind vulnerability problems with the smaller Lamas? AFAIK the Walkera 53#1 is not all that wonderful either, so I'm curious to see if this one really makes a difference, and if so, why.
Velktron is offline Find More Posts by Velktron
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 01, 2008, 02:48 PM
Registered User
Northern Ireland
Joined Mar 2005
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velktron
Isn't the "outside flight" capability all about being FP or CP? AFAIK, FP blades will always be a dog to fly outside in the wind, regardless of their size. So OK, this big bird may get more headspeed and lifting power, but won't it have the same wind vulnerability problems with the smaller Lamas? AFAIK the Walkera 53#1 is not all that wonderful either, so I'm curious to see if this one really makes a difference, and if so, why.
True. the walkera also suffers in wind. I actually crashed mine when a freak gust came round the side of the house. Caught it and sent it up above the height of the house (approx 35ft). I had to close the throttle nearly completely off to get it to come back down and then it fell like a brick. Full throttle but it wasnt enough and it bounced off the ground. Bottom bearing shattered and the tail exploded into bits. Gyro in the 4-in-1 unit hasnt been right since. Tail wonders around constantly. Hence the plan to purchase this Esky. Im using the walkera for a brushless dual swash conversion project.
teammpp is offline Find More Posts by teammpp
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 01, 2008, 09:54 PM
This is what I want!!!
Hokum Jim's Avatar
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Feb 2006
273 Posts
A thougtht for the Modders out there...

There are loads of 370 class brushless motors out there and the e-sky 4-in-1 is practically a RX + 3in1 once you take the cover off and pull the two boards apart (no soldering/desoldering required)... The thought of the doing a BL mod with the Walkera 53 wasn't a a pleasant one because the unknowns with the electronics and the control of the BL controllers (didn't stop me thinking of it though). On the surface it looks like a BL upgrade on this monster would be easier than a 340mm class Lama if not cheaper.

...and who can fault the promise of "...Happy Flight" !
Hokum Jim is offline Find More Posts by Hokum Jim
Last edited by Hokum Jim; Sep 01, 2008 at 10:47 PM. Reason: corrected 370mm to 340mm
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 01, 2008, 10:46 PM
This is what I want!!!
Hokum Jim's Avatar
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Feb 2006
273 Posts
Just some more info...
The EC130 and the KOB are just 340mm 180 motor Lamas with new bodies... sorry to disapoint..

Here is the "official" E-sky product page for the big Lama they class in in their "500 series" which also includes the honeybee FP, CPs and HBKs
http://www.twf-sz.com/english/products.asp?prodid=0291

Just to dispell one misconceptions that I might have added to above it has a RX + 3-in-1 arrangement rather than using the Lama's 4-in-1. It's a bit annoying that they don't do a 2.4 G 6channel Rx Yet.

Still this is an interesting beast - was looking at the new sporty Walkera 53#8 now I might hold off until these things turn up at my favourite online hobby dealer... It's never to early to start dropping Christmas gift hints for the Wifey!
Hokum Jim is offline Find More Posts by Hokum Jim
Last edited by Hokum Jim; Sep 01, 2008 at 11:01 PM. Reason: typos and adding extra comments etc. etc.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 01, 2008, 11:43 PM
Registered User
Perth
Joined Jun 2007
163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokum Jim
I might hold off until these things turn up at my favourite online hobby dealer
Well if you find someone offering decent shipping rates to Aus let me know
The Touch is offline Find More Posts by The Touch
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2008, 12:16 AM
Registered User
UK - in the middle somewhere
Joined May 2002
466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirre
If your looking for a bigger coax maybe art-techs helis is of interest.
Here is a pic of a comparison btw lama and Eagle eye
For what it is worth, I saw the Eagle Eye flying in a hobby shop in Cape Town(South Africa) last week. It looked like a good machine, in fact so much so that I _nearly_ bought one! Unfortunately, I had to get it home to the UK and that was a problem. It flew rock solid (admittedly indoors) and looked impressive.
So, come on Esky, get yours out!

Cheers

Ratty
Hangar Rat is offline Find More Posts by Hangar Rat
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New E-Sky Model #EK1H-E010 flightdeck-guy Micro Helis 1 Sep 10, 2005 09:51 AM
Yippee! New E-Sky 2 Sparky_500 Micro Helis 2 Jun 12, 2005 02:23 PM
Brand new E-SKY 3D $185 shipped RCdude1 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Mar 25, 2005 03:56 PM
Brand new E-SKY 3D $215 shipped RCdude1 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Mar 23, 2005 09:48 AM
Fs: New E Sky Honey Bee 2 Ccmp sambo32 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Jan 01, 2005 02:43 PM