Old Jul 27, 2008, 12:51 AM
RC man
sydney
Joined Feb 2008
6 Posts
Discussion
walbro carb help

hi
i just purchased a walbro carb for a whipper snipper motor that i am putting into a modified weed eater to run in a boat. i am having problems starting up the engine because i don't know where the fuel line goes because there are 2 ports. also which needles do what i know the bottom 1 adjusts idling speed
please help
Thanks
Thorsten
dogie456 is offline Find More Posts by dogie456
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2008, 11:35 AM
USA'd ex Brit
Back.. In California
Joined Aug 2006
5,780 Posts
Does this help?
http://tech.flygsw.org/walbro_tuneup.htm
toesup is offline Find More Posts by toesup
Old Jul 27, 2008, 04:31 PM
TURD Racing
Georgia
Joined Jul 2008
5 Posts
The fuel inlet is the black fitting on the bottom side of the carb. The top one is the return line/overflow... you can either run a line from there back to the tank, or just cap it off. Either way will work.

As for the needles... when looking at the carb on needle side, like in the 4th picture... the left needle is the High speed adjustment, while the right needle is the Low speed adjustment. A good setting for the WT644 (which is what you have there it looks like) is 1-3/4 to 1-7/8 turned out from closed on the LOW needle, and 1-1/8 to 1-1/4 turned out from closed on the HIGH needle.

Make sure when you close the needles, that you dont force them 'closed', as you can damage the seat doing so, and the carb will never tune right. Soon as you feel the needles starting to get tight when closed, STOP.

Anymore questions just ask.
INEEDSPOTS is offline Find More Posts by INEEDSPOTS