HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by shanesmadhouse, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 06:12 AM
Buildings what I enjoy.
Australia, QLD, Witheren
Joined Nov 2007
698 Posts
Gallery
Planes in the Hanger

This blog will show pictures of the Hanger and all within in different stages of construction. First plane is a English Elecrtic Canberra Mk 20 from the RAAF. This plane is currently the gate guard at RAAF Amberly in Queensland Australia. Well kept but a sad sight just sitting there all alone.
shanesmadhouse is offline Find More Posts by shanesmadhouse
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Just some of the hanger.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2014, 04:59 AM
Buildings what I enjoy.
Australia, QLD, Witheren
Joined Nov 2007
698 Posts
This may seem ow so strange to post nearly six years after the initial posts. I am ever so glad to say that this beauty had the official MAIDEN. she took awhile for my guts to get in the right place and off she went. She porpoised a fair bit which I will attribute to two things, first is COG that I guess was too far back so I will move that one forward and then over touchy elevator. I will adjust them down by decreasing the rates and a bit of expo.
flying her for half of the time I wanted I thought I had better bring her down. With it going up and down proved some what harder to anticipate her flight but then a few clicks and she improved as I decreased her throttle a little.
I lined her up and slowly brought her down in one piece. I was off the strip but all safe and sound.

So many years have passed but so ecstatic that she flies I would say good enough.

WHEW as she stopped and I checked her over for broken parts and nothing.
Shane
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2014, 05:35 PM
Buildings what I enjoy.
Australia, QLD, Witheren
Joined Nov 2007
698 Posts
Only a very short time of flying with around 70 odd flights but atlass the mightly Canberra has now gone to the big grave yard in the sky.
Second flight of the day as she turned in towards finally lining her up for a final pass before bringing her in for landing. As I made the turn she was a little further than normal so I pulled up gradually only to be way too close already and left wing grazed the branches and that was enough. Being a balsa plane the wing crumpled and spun the girl around to a point of no control. And from there gravity did all the work hitting the other brances on the way down.
She brought me some great times in her short life. All this means now is that Canberra Mk 2 can come onto the building table.
Owell such is life.

Shane
RCG Plus Member