SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 09, 2001, 08:45 PM
Loveland, Colorado
Joined Mar 2000
1,997 Posts
Take a look at my 24 inch wing

Here's a couple of picks of my design of a 24 inch wing. It's cut out of blue foam using a modified MH45 airfoil. The all up weight with 3-110mah batteries, 2-hs55, and a hitec 555 reciever is 4 oz. It took me about 20 minutes to design and about 2 hours to cut the cores and complete it. Its launched by putting your middle finger between the elevons and a combination of flicking and throwing. My first flight was today and after tossing to trim it out I gave it a good throw. THIS THING ROCKETED UP TO ABOUT 90 FEET!!! It was pretty windy (about 25 m.p.h.) in the beginning and this light wing had great penetration, just like a knife throught the air. It will do about 3 barrel rolls per second and flies inverted very well. Although it was overcast the wing also had very good "Hang Time" . Any questoins or comments would be appreciated.

If you can't see the pictures cut and paste these two links in you browser. www.geocities.com/sixgunner45/2foot1.gif www.geocities.com/sixgunner45/2foot2.gif

[This message has been edited by Acer (edited 09-09-2001).]
Acer is offline Find More Posts by Acer
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2001, 09:58 PM
Looking for a place to crash
United States, WI, DeForest
Joined Jul 2001
433 Posts
Bummer dude, your pictures crashed and the links dont work. Would like to see the pics.
Please update....

Larry
larryb is offline Find More Posts by larryb
Old Sep 09, 2001, 10:10 PM
SKINNI MINI flyer
Pearl River, LA, USA
Joined Sep 2001
645 Posts
same with me. Ill check back again.
Barrett is offline Find More Posts by Barrett
Old Sep 10, 2001, 03:46 AM
T-52 over Seattle
Seattle
Joined Jun 2001
267 Posts
The only Zagi pictures I saw were of a black zagi powered by a Norvel .061 R/C engine.

Are the three 110mah batteries the RX batteries?

Silver
Silver is offline Find More Posts by Silver
Old Sep 10, 2001, 04:16 AM
Ghent, Belgium
Joined May 2000
295 Posts
Hi,

This link works:
http://www.geocities.com/sixgunner45

Cheers
Danny
Danny Van Hoecke is offline Find More Posts by Danny Van Hoecke
Old Sep 10, 2001, 04:22 AM
Ghent, Belgium
Joined May 2000
295 Posts
Sorry folks,

Please ignore my previous post: had a no-fly weekend and a bad night...

Would like to see the pictures though.

Danny
Danny Van Hoecke is offline Find More Posts by Danny Van Hoecke
Old Sep 10, 2001, 09:27 AM
Loveland, Colorado
Joined Mar 2000
1,997 Posts
Sorry about the pictures. Geocities doesn't work with UBB Code very well. What you have to do to see the pictures is click on the links on my origional post and go to your address bar and remove the http:// from the address. This will let you view the pictures. I don't know why geocities does this. Does anyone have another place to post pictures that can handle UBB Code?
Old Sep 10, 2001, 09:34 AM
AMA 697691
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Aug 2000
8,063 Posts
Acer,

Nice job!

Is a 24" wing glider hard to keep in the air?
Greg Covey is offline Find More Posts by Greg Covey
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Greg's Web Hangar
Old Sep 10, 2001, 11:12 AM
Loveland, Colorado
Joined Mar 2000
1,997 Posts
No. This glider surprized me. Besides being extremely aerobatic it is very stable. It has absolutely no pitch or yaw problems and tracks like an arrow, even in high winds(yesturday I flew it in about 25 mph winds) It penetrates through wind extremely well. As of yet I've only flown it on wet overcast days so I don't know how well it will thermal, but it shouldn't have any problems. It would make a great little sloper. I'd say it stays up about as well as my Bug MHLG but is much faster and much funner to fly. This is probably my second funest plane next to my Diamond Dust.
Old Sep 14, 2001, 01:57 PM
Loveland, Colorado
Joined Mar 2000
1,997 Posts
I'll try to make a diagram drawing with measurements and templets for the wing airfoils. I have now flown it on windless although overcast days. Odd thing is, it flies better and is more fun in the wind. Considering this it would probably be a great sloper. I won't be able to find out though as I live in Florida with no slopes anywhere. That is if you don't want to use a landfill. STINKY!