HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 28, 2012, 12:20 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,830 Posts
These are some excellent DX6i settings for the mcX2 but will work on the mcX as well. I tweaked the ELE with the DR switch down to -15% for more swash throw (i have the msr swash mod) and I also throw the "Flap/Gyro" switch down for crazy azz piros.
Right here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1504277

Thanks Valiant for those numbers

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2012, 10:42 PM
Oops get the hot glue gun
Lansing, Michigan, USA
Joined Sep 2004
1,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
These are some excellent DX6i settings for the mcX2 but will work on the mcX as well. I tweaked the ELE with the DR switch down to -15% for more swash throw (i have the msr swash mod) and I also throw the "Flap/Gyro" switch down for crazy azz piros.
Right here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1504277

Thanks Valiant for those numbers

Mike.
Guys - Thanks a lot for the feedback & suggestions. This was a total noob type mistake I left the Ail & Ele servos reversed on the TX when I bound it to the mCX, guess I never really noticed that was how the Radian was set up. Pretty embarrassing really I've only flown the Radian 3 times since I got it but should have caught that myself. Thinking this was some weird heli issue...

You are correct that there was little difference in controlling the Mcx with the DX5e. I've set up some challenges in the basement to try to hone my flying skills but even at low rates I'm having trouble rescuing my little guy from the burning building

The DX6i is already on my Amazon wish list & will be coming soon so I'll be trying settings on the new TX that hopefully will give me a finer level of control.

Thanks!
FIM
FoamingInMI is offline Find More Posts by FoamingInMI
Old Jun 29, 2012, 10:15 PM
Joined Aug 2007
1,051 Posts
I would love to give my old MCX a new look. does anyone know if the V911 canopies and tails would fit our MCX model?
Jetskeeter is offline Find More Posts by Jetskeeter
Old Jul 01, 2012, 08:55 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,895 Posts
Probably not without drilling some new holes but I haven't checked... However, if you had to do that, it would be easy enough to do by hand. Either get a pin vice or just twist a drill bit in your fingers. I've fit a Nine Eagles Draco canopy on a MCX/MCX2 mainframe. I just had to drill 2 new holes. That canopy comes in blue or orange. Check out my blog for my MCX2 mods so you can see what it looks like.

As an alternative, you could also look at paper canopies. If you google for it, you'll find patterns that you can modify and print out.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 15, 2012, 11:46 PM
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
Bought my 11yr old son a mcx today and it a GEAT little heli . Thought I had bought junk but found out money well spent for sure . Got 4 cycles on 3 new lipos just today lolo!!! He's almost got it down , I'd say by this time next week he's going to be asking for something better ??? Have no clue what but I guess I better start looking lol. He's very happy and I'm happy for him. It's his 1st heli and my 1st experience with helis . So maybe a upgrade for now a d then in a few weeks a new heli . I'll check what you guys have been doing for upgrades and go from there . Any recommendations would be great for upgrades and Maybe take a FEW !! Steeps up for the next heli ???
Gavinxman is offline Find More Posts by Gavinxman
Old Sep 16, 2012, 07:53 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinxman View Post
Bought my 11yr old son a mcx today and it a GEAT little heli . Thought I had bought junk but found out money well spent for sure . Got 4 cycles on 3 new lipos just today lolo!!! He's almost got it down , I'd say by this time next week he's going to be asking for something better ??? Have no clue what but I guess I better start looking lol. He's very happy and I'm happy for him. It's his 1st heli and my 1st experience with helis . So maybe a upgrade for now a d then in a few weeks a new heli . I'll check what you guys have been doing for upgrades and go from there . Any recommendations would be great for upgrades and Maybe take a FEW !! Steeps up for the next heli ???
Depending on where you live, the season for outdoor flying is almost over. Heli's don't take too kindly to wind. Palm size heli's are great for indoor flying. DO NOT fly anything bigger than that in the house or you'll be buying new furniture and accessories in a hurry.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Sep 16, 2012, 02:14 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,895 Posts
I wouldn't be so quick to upgrade or get a new heli just yet. I think you'd be better off getting another MCX (or a MCX2!) and flying *with* him. You can learn a lot from watching others and then you'll have good fun for a few months. When it starts to get boring, go check out a V911 fixed-pitch helicopter. It's a lot faster and more challenging but it's sort of the "next step" from a coaxial like the MCX.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 06, 2013, 10:30 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
11,830 Posts
I can't find too much info on the MicroHeli Aluminum Frame for the MCX on this thread. I think my "original" plastic frame has seen better days after last Monday's outing and after three years of fixing here and there.

They came down in price at my fave LHS (Helidirect) from 35 bucks to 25 bucks. Should I go for it? Anybody have one of these?
http://helidirect.com/microheli-alum...cx-p-20919.hdx

I'm usually a strict OEM type Guy but, I'd be willing to go the extra distance if they are worth the extra $$$

Mike.
Old Mar 06, 2013, 07:45 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,895 Posts
I'd ask for people's opinions on the MCX2 threads. There's a lot of folks who have tried them.

I've got one on my MCX2s and installed it just for fun. It's really just bling, IMHO.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 06, 2013, 07:55 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
9,322 Posts
I would replace it with the stock plastic frame..... if its lasted three years, its got to be doing something right, right?
The extra cost and weight is not worth what you will gain, which is nothing.....
dacaur is online now Find More Posts by dacaur
Old Mar 06, 2013, 07:58 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,895 Posts
+1

The MCX stock frame is perfect for the MCX, IMHO
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 06, 2013, 09:56 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
11,830 Posts
Thanks Guys. Your opinions are always appreciated.

You are very right decaur and the "other" LHS just happens to have a stock frame. At least this time around, I'll know where to "beef" up the stock frame before swapping everything over.

Mike.
Old Mar 07, 2013, 10:23 AM
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
2,819 Posts
When you beef something up it just breaks somewhere else, if its lasted 3 years just use as is.

Terry
Terry Rigden is offline Find More Posts by Terry Rigden
Old Mar 07, 2013, 11:03 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
11,830 Posts
New day. New ideas. New thoughts.

Every time I broke the frame it was always at the canopy pins or (air frame rod). I do a lot of flying outside which was the reason for the other frame breaks. Needless to say, my flying habits can get pretty wild so now I'm thinking the Microheli frame. I'm figuring the very little weight added would actually help me flying it outside. Many times I get it up as high as 15 to 30 feet or so and much of my back yard is hot top (hence, the other frame breaks).

@Terry, You are absolutely correct about "beefing it up" somewhere else as it will only transfer the impact to another spot on the frame. The reason my frame lasted so long is because I kept repairing it as noted in my post above. And NOT from NOT crashing it

The fixes I did on my plastic frame was no small feat. They were very delicate and time consuming. I hate the thought of going through all that again Also as I mentioned above, the Microheli frame is 25 bucks. Not the original 35 bucks. Another reason to go in that direction as I plan on keeping this little gem for a long while.

Thanks again Guys,
Mike.
Old Mar 07, 2013, 11:24 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,999 Posts
I ordered a set of blades for my CX2 once and whoever it was I was ordering from normally sold them as a set with a Microheli pivoting blade holder, so, I got a pivoting blade holder for FREE!!!!!!! I was really surprised that they would send it that way because they wanted a small fortune for the holders if sold separately. In any event, it wasn't an aluminum machined part as I thought they were, but a cheapo pot metal casting that wasn't as beefy as I had thought either. I don't know if this frame is the same way, but I sure was glad I had never spent the BIG BUCKS to buy one of those holders. It was chincy.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack