Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 04, 2010, 12:59 PM
Huntsville, Alabama
Joined Mar 2008
77 Posts
Mine does the same after going to MSR swash, will be interested if you find the fix. I replaced my inner shaft and flybar. Still has similar behavior.
bspredator is offline Find More Posts by bspredator
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2010, 01:10 PM
SCF
Joined Nov 2009
66 Posts
You could also adjust the servo arm to compensate.
SCF is offline Find More Posts by SCF
Old Jan 04, 2010, 01:29 PM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCF View Post
yeah that flybar should move more than an intern on a cigar.

Now that's funny. It took me a little while, but I finally got it.
Ron
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Old Jan 04, 2010, 01:38 PM
mild handycap ly ed
Victoria, BC- in Canada!
Joined Feb 2005
110 Posts
Good morn, could not help but seeing another poster thinking about getting the microheli metal swash for the mcx-- take my word and save your cash and just get the msr swash like everyone else- I bought that metal swash and installed it- and took it back off just about right away. It is heavier than stated and was just too much weight for the mcx, yielding a noticeable performance detriment!

For the user having sudden flight issues,, this is a very simple heli to troubleshoot and if you are serious about getting into rc helis I would take the time and logically think it out!

Even if you have to take the heli apart piece by piece do so and make sure each bit is still true.

First though I would examine the swash level at all angles, even a slight deviance could be the culprit. If it is going to the left in forward flight then the swash would be tipped up in that same angle! The swash angle will always dictate the flight direction- remember that!

Take into account all the above mentioned tips like starting on a flat surface, make sure gyro initializes before you fly, etc. Then you will want to go into a hover and observe which direction he heli wants to pull,, then make your adjustments accordingly.

cheers j
jaydag77 is offline Find More Posts by jaydag77
Old Jan 04, 2010, 01:45 PM
WLV, CA
Joined Aug 2005
2,143 Posts
Not sure why all the problems with the mSR swash. It has to be something else. I needed to adjust my servo links a couple turns to get hands off hover but that was it. If your heli is spinning on the ground and not taking off or pirouetting in the air and falling then there is something else that needs attention. It looks like most of the areas have been mentioned.
Check the lower gears for alignment and freedom of movement, make sure there is no hair caught in the shafts, check all ball links are secure and slop free, also make sure the pin on the back of the swash is in the guide, also push and pull on the rotor blades and make sure there is very little play up and down on the rotor assembly. One common part to get wrong is the small collar that keeps the swash on the heli, from what I recall the groove goes down to face the bearing as you slide the rotor shaft back into place.
I'm sure it's something simple, just triple check everything before you buy replacement motors.
IH8VTEC is offline Find More Posts by IH8VTEC
Old Jan 04, 2010, 01:53 PM
Turkey - Istanbul
Joined Jun 2009
145 Posts
beachbumbora is offline Find More Posts by beachbumbora
Last edited by beachbumbora; Jan 04, 2010 at 02:49 PM.
Old Jan 04, 2010, 01:55 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,069 Posts
I think my new S300 arrived today and it's staying stock cept fly bar maybe and some paint detailing. My other I modded all to hell and it's not worth it
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Jan 04, 2010, 01:57 PM
WLV, CA
Joined Aug 2005
2,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbumbora View Post
everything is ok, i did everything carefully. only problem is that, the heli goes left and down a little bit when i try to go forwards.

ANYWAY, it seems like i wont be able to solve this problem.

no one knows nothing more than e-flite producers right ? why do we try to put a msr swash to a mcx ? arent they clever enough to think about that ?

i wish i hadnt read stupid msr replacement here and my helicopter wouldnt be (EDIT: time taken to edit post because someone appointed themselves morale monitor behind a blind reporting system that allows anybody to take action and clean up this internet because they obviously know better than we do about what we want to read and be exposed to. I'm so grateful that someone was able to spot an arguably off color comment in a post that I quoted and report it anonymously so that it would not infect the other mindless drones that use this site. Bravo, stand up and give yourself a hand and when you are done with that why don't you come over and turn my TV to the channels you think I should be watching) up !
I'm pretty sure it's not the mSR swash thats the problem...
IH8VTEC is offline Find More Posts by IH8VTEC
Last edited by IH8VTEC; Jan 04, 2010 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Someone thinks they know better what I should type
Old Jan 04, 2010, 02:02 PM
Turkey - Istanbul
Joined Jun 2009
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8VTEC View Post
I'm pretty sure it's not the mSR swash thats the problem...
seems like the problem is %90 about the servo adjusments, but i dont know how they should be !
beachbumbora is offline Find More Posts by beachbumbora
Old Jan 04, 2010, 02:09 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,069 Posts
Believe it or not the swash can mess up the rudder. Mine had the same problem. Try re adjustng the servo arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbumbora View Post
everything is ok, i did everything carefully. only problem is that, the heli goes left and down a little bit when i try to go forwards.

ANYWAY, it seems like i wont be able to solve this problem.

no one knows nothing more than e-flite producers right ? why do we try to put a msr swash to a mcx ? arent they clever enough to think about that ?

i wish i hadnt read stupid msr replacement here and my helicopte !
Last edited by Razors edge 29; Jan 04, 2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old Jan 04, 2010, 02:09 PM
mild handycap ly ed
Victoria, BC- in Canada!
Joined Feb 2005
110 Posts
I would just put it away for a while and come back to it when you are more clear headed I think! These really are about the simplest models you can find so far as mechanics go- it by the sounds of it that is where your problem is. If you go about it methodically and do not try and force things or rush through you will be back in business in no time!

Good luck man! cheers j
jaydag77 is offline Find More Posts by jaydag77
Old Jan 04, 2010, 04:25 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,069 Posts
Lol

Coaxs are not easy to set up well. A cp is easier most times

[/B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydag77 View Post
I would just put it away for a while and come back to it when you are more clear headed I think! These really are about the simplest models you can find so far as mechanics go- it by the sounds of it that is where your problem is. If you go about it methodically and do not try and force things or rush through you will be back in business in no time!

Good luck man! cheers j
Old Jan 04, 2010, 05:34 PM
Joined Jan 2010
7 Posts
I recommend getting the Eflight Celectra 4 port charger with power supply. This will run ~$50, but I see following benefits:

1. Charges faster than std charger with heli which is batteries only
2. Obviously, you can charge up to 4 batteries at one time
3. Over time, AC will give you constant power where the battery only charger will deplete steadily over charges.
4. If for any reason you don't have access to an outlet, it will run off of batteries also.

Im a cheap azz, but this investement was well worth it.

jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyhoops View Post
Good afternoon all, i've been lurking for a few days just reading up all the information on the MCX. Want to say thanks to everyone that is posting! I'm a rookie to flying, and just received my MCX today. So far so good! Very exciting and easy to control. I have it on Mode2 until I get used to the handling for now. All stocked up on spare parts, like blades and an inner shaft. Will also have to purchase a couple extra lipo batteries at the local hobby shop tomorrow.

Keeping an eye on the flight times as well, since I heard I might have to solder the heli wires to the pins for a more secure battery connection.

For the charger I'm using (4) Energizer rechargeables 2500mah's. However, my Energizer AA charger is dying so I'll need to upgrade this soon. Has anyone tried Eneloop rechargeable AA's for the MCX charger? They are only 2000mah so I wonder if I'll get less charge cycles compared to the Energizer 2500mah rechargeables i'm using now. Many thanks again!
-Brad
debjim is offline Find More Posts by debjim
Old Jan 04, 2010, 05:56 PM
me move stick helicopter go up
Algonquin, Illinois, United States
Joined Oct 2003
33 Posts
This is on my list. My mCX arrived today. Ordered it New Years Eve and it was waiting for me when I got home this evening. Four successful test flights and I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debjim View Post
I recommend getting the Eflight Celectra 4 port charger with power supply. This will run ~$50, but I see following benefits:

3. Over time, AC will give you constant power where the battery only charger will deplete steadily over charges.
4. If for any reason you don't have access to an outlet, it will run off of batteries also.

jim
Eric Maier is offline Find More Posts by Eric Maier
Old Jan 04, 2010, 06:11 PM
Central Florida
Joined Jan 2010
4 Posts
Yeah that charger looks ideal for any MCX owner. I'm a cheapazz too so I'm still debating on which way I want to go with this. It's either spend $50 upfront for the Celectra, or spend $50 and up on AA batteries over time. lol

I could mod the charger for an AC adapter but not really comfortable doing that.

That's why i was going with the rechargeable AA's for now. I've read some people use rechargeables on the stock charger with no problems, and some people don't like using them because they are only 1.2v compared to 1.5v alkalines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debjim View Post

jim
skinnyhoops is offline Find More Posts by skinnyhoops