HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 23, 2008, 02:36 PM
Plane Crazy!!!
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Joined Sep 2006
754 Posts
Discussion
Need Help straightening vert stab on Electrifly L-39...

Anyone have any suggestions on straightening the vertical stab fin on an "Aerocell" Electrifly L-39.

Mine was bent straight out of the box.

I was thinking of a heat gun but it's already glued to the plane after I tried straightening it by hand and gluing to the slotted fitting. Unfortunately the top half is still slightly but noticbly bent.

Is it common for the stabs to be slightly bent out of the box? This is my fist time with an "Aerocell" kit.

Any Tips or Tricks that can be suggested would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks in Advance!
Kilo60 is offline Find More Posts by Kilo60
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 23, 2008, 03:34 PM
what it do everybody?
a swamp naturally
Joined Mar 2008
664 Posts
Mine was bent too. Just tweak it with your hand and then keep it pressed down with a phone book.
zaskarkid is offline Find More Posts by zaskarkid
Old Jul 23, 2008, 06:13 PM
Plane Crazy!!!
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Joined Sep 2006
754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaskarkid
Mine was bent too. Just tweak it with your hand and then keep it pressed down with a phone book.
Might be hard since its glued onto the fuse now...
Kilo60 is offline Find More Posts by Kilo60
Old Jul 23, 2008, 07:42 PM
Lipo abuser ... smoke on!
Joined Feb 2005
1,917 Posts
Mine was bent out of the box as well. I bent it by hand as much as I could, after heating up with a blow dryer.

It made a little difference, but it was still noticably (at least to me), off center. I flew it like this for many flights and I enjoyed the heck out of it!

Don
gp125racer is offline Find More Posts by gp125racer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: D100