HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 08, 2008, 10:16 PM
Joined Aug 2007
569 Posts
Ok here is a very funny one, ever notice that as these things are used more they seem to work better?
Not only do I seem to get longer and longer flight times but the over all controll gets better and the tail rotor engine heates up less?
How odd is that!
shah269 is offline Find More Posts by shah269
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2008, 12:26 PM
Aschiuta
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jan 2006
18 Posts
Talking about small rc heli
http://www.proxflyer.com/na_meny.htm
Great review, thanks
aschiuta is offline Find More Posts by aschiuta
Old Aug 09, 2008, 09:51 PM
Mach 2 with hair on fire!
Dallas,TX
Joined Dec 2006
344 Posts
Just so you all know, Walmart's in Texas has them.
TeraHurtz is offline Find More Posts by TeraHurtz
Old Aug 09, 2008, 09:56 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,455 Posts
Aschiuta, Thanks for sharing. That is a small one. But a one of a kind not for sale. Looks like my Mosquito after being hit by Disney's shrink ray. mike
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 10, 2008, 09:29 PM
Joined Aug 2007
569 Posts
Ok heads up....so I've been bored all day too day.
Weather is too cold and wet to ride the bike so I've been watching the Olympics and flying this little guy around the house driving my wife and cats crazy.
And well....I have to say the more you use it the better it works.
I think the tollerances used in making these little guys is wildly off.
So you may have one that is way loose out of the box and or you may have one that's way tight. I had a tight one, and after I say a dozen or so flights she seems to have loosend up quite a bit and is now very responsive and very controllable.
I'm able to hand lunch her and have her land back on the coffee table with out much issue.
shah269 is offline Find More Posts by shah269
Old Aug 12, 2008, 05:45 AM
AMA 504253 Born in the USA
Hatboro Pa.
Joined Feb 2005
861 Posts
IMOP it just does not do it for me. Good review though. I would rather spend 10 bucks more and get the spaceman from Horizon or Parkzone. At least it is stable and hovers great. Stick a thumb tack in his chest and fast forward flight is fun.
Yellowspider
Yellowspider is offline Find More Posts by Yellowspider
Old Aug 16, 2008, 01:18 AM
BEC
Auburn, Washington USA
Joined Jan 2001
12,939 Posts
FWIW these are available at Target in the Seattle area now, alongside other Havoc Heli variants.
BEC is offline Find More Posts by BEC
Old Aug 19, 2008, 12:31 AM
Suspended Account
20 minutes from Jeremy Z
Joined Jun 2008
224 Posts
Mike, why do you get all the tough ones?

You did great though - not going to try and put one of those sound systems on it now are you? -
Ampy is offline Find More Posts by Ampy
Old Aug 22, 2008, 01:17 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,455 Posts
No sound system for this one. However, I do have a couple of self-funded sound system reviews coming up. One for my PT boat and one for my Spitfire. They better sound good as the cost adds up.
According to the Silverlit website the MX-1 has been recognized by Guinness as the world's smallest RC helicopter. Now I need the world's smallest and lightest RC sound system...Just kidding.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 24, 2008, 05:35 PM
Ecuador, Pichincha, Quito
Joined Aug 2002
545 Posts
Saw it at the local toystore a week ago along with a cheaper $20 mini 'copter. Bought the $20 one but was very dissappointed at its performance so I changed it with a $34 red MX-1. What a change! I now carry it inside my briefcase everywhere and get some flying inside my office before heading home, at our office board room or wherever there is a suitable indoor space, it is also a good garage flyer. I have learned to keep it in the air for longer times turning both left and right while keeping altitude with the sliders and also adjusting the trim. It needs a lot of left trim in order to turn left easier, something which I only accomplished this morning. It is a fun to fly machine, somehow demanding in terms of the concentration one needs while flying in order to avoid hitting the roof, walls or furniture as sometimes likes to go by itself. I am totalling 5-6 minute flying sessions (not all flights last more than a minute) before a new charge. You can hold it by one of the skids and gently push it up for launching or place it on a table top and take-off. It also needs some re-trimming for every new flight. Hope the battery will last long before it becomes useless.

Happy flying,

Carlos A. Cordova
QUITO - ECUADOR
a320jockey is offline Find More Posts by a320jockey
Old Oct 03, 2008, 03:00 PM
Ecuador, Pichincha, Quito
Joined Aug 2002
545 Posts
Last night I got the chance to fly the MX-1 at a closed basketball court and finally was able to do longer flights. What a difference compared to flying at the garage. Had two flights one three minutes and the other one four, until the battery could not help to keep altitude.

Cheers,

Carlos A. Cordova
QUITO - ECUADOR
a320jockey is offline Find More Posts by a320jockey
Old Oct 29, 2008, 08:43 AM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,455 Posts
I spotted this on sale at Think Geek on 10/29/08 for a limited time for $24.99. Other items on sale as well. Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member