SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 01, 2003, 04:50 AM
Oxford, MS
Joined Apr 2002
1,134 Posts
Off topic, but put here for traffic HELP!!

Ok fella's here's the scoop. I'm running through a winproxy firewall. Games go fine thus I know information is getting back through to me. Yet with this site, and any other VB forum I hang out on it won't update. For example I make a post, and I can't see it. When someone responds to it, and I get an e-mail I can click on the e-mail link, and see it though. Yet I can't see any of the other new posts when I come in here.
Thus I'm looking at the day before yesterdays threads.
Any body have any clue as to why this is?
Hopperfly22 is offline Find More Posts by Hopperfly22
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2003, 06:14 AM
EDF Head
Stavanger, Norway
Joined Feb 2000
7,999 Posts
Cookies enabled?
Haldor is offline Find More Posts by Haldor
Old Feb 01, 2003, 06:27 AM
jah
BALD MEMBER
North Georgia
Joined Nov 2001
1,851 Posts
Don't think the "post" conversation uses other than port 80, so don't think it is a proxy issue. As Haldor indicated, do you have any app that blocks cookies, or has the browser been configured for other than "default" (particarlly the security level). Is this IE, Mozilla, or what? That would be a good test, if you are running IE, try loading Mozilla or Netscape, and see if you get the same behaivor.

http://www.mozilla.org/
jah is offline Find More Posts by jah
Old Feb 01, 2003, 12:02 PM
United States, UT, Cedar Hills
Joined Dec 2000
142 Posts
Can almost guarantee that it's a caching problem. If you are running IE go to the tools menu > Internet Options. On the general tab in the box that says 'Temporary Internet Files' click the settings button. On the next page choose the 'every visit to the page' or 'automatic' for the 'check for new content' option.

Netscape has a similar setting. It's under the edit > Preferences menu option

Hope this helps

Clint
clintc is offline Find More Posts by clintc