Update on MB-3
UPDATE: MB-3 still fully operational. Replaced all the analog HS65MG servos with Hyperion Atlas DS09SCD and DS09GMD for tail.
**More updates coming!.
The MB-3 has undergone a few more mods in order to achieve a 21:42 minute flight time on 1 pack. I am using a hybrid configuration running 3S and 4S packs depending on what I feel like. I use the 3S mostly for practice and the 4S for going all out.
Here is the MB-3 latest configuration.
MB - 3
- RCT-450 Skyshark.
- Spartan DS760 Gyro & Hyperion DS09 GMD
- Kontronik Jazz 40A ESC.
- Scorpion HK-2213-16 motor w/ Ceramic Bearings.
- Rhino Hardened Steel Pinion 11T.
- Align CF Tail Boom.
- TREX 1-piece ball links/ball joints.
- New Align TREX450 PRO Tail blades.
- Mavrikk Tail Belt.
- BEAM E4 Washout Base
- BEAM E4 pitch slider.
- BEAM E4 Tail case.
- BEAM E4 Swash plate.
- Microheli V2 Washout Arms.
- Microheli Titanium Tail Shaft.
- Microheli Front Shaft & Belt Pulley.
- Ceramic Boca Bearings all around.
- Trueblood red V1 dampeners.
- 3x DS09SCD Cyclic servos.
- AR6100 Rx.
- T.P. 2200 3S Extreme V2 packs. => Flies for 15 minutes.
- T.P. 2100 4S Prolite packs. ==> Flies for 18 minutes.
There is not really a place that I know of where you can buy it like that, but it starts as a this landing gear that can be purchased at www.heliwarehouse.com:
I used a heat gun to slowly bend the landing gear legs to give then the wide stance and then applied a thin layer of automotive gun metal paint to give it the gun metal look.
Hope this helps.
The motor works great. I upped the pinion to an 11T for good sport performance on 3S and it absolutely rocks on 4S. I can do flips and rolls on a dime with the 4S setup while still maintaining a 10 minute flight time at ~3000 RPM on the head.
with this motor you definitively need to go 4S to really get the best out of it.
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Lowest price on Focus 3 FM w/ 555 rx? ? ?||CheeseWing||Parkflyers||3||Jul 29, 2001 10:31 PM|
|Update on flying video project||yb2normal||Electric Plane Talk||0||Jun 26, 2001 10:29 PM|
|wemotec speed 300 on 2.3 mm||dave morris||Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk||1||Jun 16, 2001 06:39 PM|
|any update on astroflight brushless?||bpu6999||Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk||1||Jun 13, 2001 10:55 AM|
|Update on my E- LMH...||Lucas in Alaska||Electric Heli Talk||3||May 12, 2001 11:20 PM|