HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 21, 2008, 11:24 AM
A.K.A. Boss248
Austin Tx
Joined Feb 2008
103 Posts
Discussion
Are there any electric flyers in Austin Tx...??..and where do you fly??

Since we lost our 20 yr. perfect place to fly a year ago I have been looking for a place to fly where I am not always alone. I live in N. Austin near 183 and 620. I sure wish I could find a place where others fly like a park of field. I won't be able to stretch my Mustang out in the small place I fly at or fly 3D.

Boss248
No Self Asteem is offline Find More Posts by No Self Asteem
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2008, 11:00 PM
Jesus Freak
USA, TN, Knoxville, Cedar Bluff
Joined Feb 2005
862 Posts
Man I am jealous!(kinda) Have you heard of 3D hobby shop? They fly out of Austin somewhere and fly the coolest planes you will ever see. PM Ben (Blucor Basher) and find out where. Matt
byHISgrace is offline Find More Posts by byHISgrace
Old Jul 22, 2008, 05:55 AM
A.K.A. Boss248
Austin Tx
Joined Feb 2008
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by byHISgrace
Man I am jealous!(kinda) Have you heard of 3D hobby shop? They fly out of Austin somewhere and fly the coolest planes you will ever see. PM Ben (Blucor Basher) and find out where. Matt
I know Ben personally and have flown with him..very nice man but I don't fly the larger 3D and Ben is in Frederecksberg with it a fair drive from Austin but Ben chargers state sales taxes. I would love to go and fly with him but it's 2 far away...nice guy though.
I need to find all my old time electric fliers that vanished when our flying field was closed..I KNOW I am not the only one but there is so much development around here that it's getting impossible to find anywhere to fly. I can only find parking lots like Home Depot and Wally World but I am still alone and that gets old. There must be some local boys still flying some where here but i"ll be danged if I can find it.
We have a good grass actual flying field but it's in Hutto and with gas being what it is I can only justify it on weekends but thanks for the heads up on 3DH.

Boss248
No Self Asteem is offline Find More Posts by No Self Asteem