HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 26, 2012, 01:12 PM
Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Joined Dec 2005
7,821 Posts
Thanks LDM. Never got a reply back from eyedoo2 detailing what they actually were or for that matter the french hobbystore he linked to. Id sent them an email, but so far nothing.
If at hobbyking, gonna be sad now cuz I just made an order the other day for some orange rx 9channel receivers. hell...cant beat $25 for a 9ch 2.4 rx that works with my JR radio.
kahloq is offline Find More Posts by kahloq
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2012, 01:36 PM
Joined Jan 2008
66 Posts
I am placing an order from the French company for some of the light weight wheels. Scale size for the CMP-109 is 41/2 inches and these are 100mm or 4 inches and look light so I will give them a try. Once received I will let you know how they look. They look like they might be out of China but have not seen this design anywhere else. I did buy the Sunshine (Germany) plastic G-6 wheels and they are OK but not impressed by the foam donut tire that is butt fused and not one piece molded. This French one looks to be foam style and molded in place. Will keep you posted.
21onen is offline Find More Posts by 21onen
Old Feb 27, 2012, 10:33 AM
Joined Dec 2005
7,821 Posts
Just got an email back from the French hobby store. Here's what he had to say:

"Dear Sir
thanks for your mail
we have the item but we did not put it online yet
we have 2 version 90Degree and 80 degree for the 80 degree we did not make images yet.
supporting 5-7Kg airplane full metal aluminum

so the price is 120 euro for a set with struts 12.5cm to 14 cm variable

I will try to put it onlina today or tomorow i will send to you the link
and about the shipping their is no problem to send to USA
the shipping fee will be as following
will be arround 25euro up to 1 KG
"

Ok...well.....thats a total of 194 US dollars. Unknown whether he actually has the item in stock currently since no one else does. I did a check and like LDM said, they appear to be RClander brand retracts.
Old Feb 02, 2014, 04:31 AM
Australia
Joined Jul 2011
33 Posts
Hi been reading this thread, some great info. I've got a cmp 109 just starting to build. I see some people ditched the supplied hinges for ailerons and flaps, is that really neccessary? I've already glued mine in before I found this thread. If they are real bad then I'll get them out.
hack_1979 is offline Find More Posts by hack_1979
Old Feb 03, 2014, 07:31 AM
Joined Dec 2005
7,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hack_1979 View Post
Hi been reading this thread, some great info. I've got a cmp 109 just starting to build. I see some people ditched the supplied hinges for ailerons and flaps, is that really neccessary? I've already glued mine in before I found this thread. If they are real bad then I'll get them out.
They are ok to use.
Old Feb 08, 2014, 04:52 AM
Australia
Joined Jul 2011
33 Posts
Thanks.
hack_1979 is offline Find More Posts by hack_1979
Old Feb 20, 2014, 02:13 PM
Finland
Joined Jul 2004
674 Posts
Greets all. I got this plane little late considering its been around for over 5 yrs.
A couple of questions...

Largest wheels which fit ? I am ready to do modifications, as I already have thought about moving retracts position a bit more scale position. Williams brothers 4"?

I already have Sierra CMP retracts, but I still think I would benefit about moving the rails bit forward and then raking struts back a bit. Also if I moved rails also inward towards the center of the plane I also would get more scalelike widht but then I also would have to extend the struts.

Are CMP struts same lenght as ESM struts, only the base unit has differently angled hole?

Has anyone measured how much I would have to change the dihedral to reach correct angle? the wing seems bit flat at moment, correct dihedral is around 6.5 degrees.

Thanks!

And if someone has a spare alloy spinner for sale (uncut or for 3 blades) please contact me!
Ceeray is offline Find More Posts by Ceeray