HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2003, 10:40 AM
[intentionally blank]
Cheshire, CT, USA
Joined Jan 2001
1,528 Posts
Wingspan - before of after dihedral is cut?

When building a foam wing, do you measure the length of the wing before the dihedral is cut?

On the Terminator I am building I have cut my foam blocks to 20.15 inches, but just now realized that once I cut in my dihedral that the top surface of the wing will be less than the bottom surface. Even in the original plans it says the outboard tips are 20" - is there a standard way of measuring the length?

I hope the answer is that it is ok to measure along the bottom of the wing as the cores are already cut and awaiting balsa sheeting!
fprintf is offline Find More Posts by fprintf
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2003, 11:32 AM
Zen Flying Master
Sweetwater, TN
Joined Sep 2002
829 Posts
little tip

I really don't think a difference like that is going to be a critical issue... Just go with what you have, and if you're really that worried about it, next time account for the extra .15 inches and add a little to the cores
AUBrian is offline Find More Posts by AUBrian