HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 15, 2008, 07:45 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahloq
Warspite...you need to take a step back and stop being so aggressive and rude to people. You havent been on these forums(posting) long enough to have the experience several of the members in this thread actually already DO have. Even if you've been flying for several years and just now joining forums, use some online etiquette.
AS of this timestamp, you have 33 posts. Great. Welcome to Rcgroups and have fun. But, who are you to be telling someone else their judgement is off on something because they choose NOT to buy the product(s). Doubletap has already explained WHY he hasnt and he along with a few others have been rather patient and kind in replying to some of your attempts at trying to bate them into an arguement. t.

He's been on here many times. The names change but the personality doesn't.

Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2008, 07:49 PM
Joined Aug 2008
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 1320
He's been on here many times. The names change but the personality doesn't.

I don't get it.
warspite is offline Find More Posts by warspite
Old Aug 15, 2008, 07:50 PM
Joined Feb 2006
7,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warspite
I don't get it.
That's the problem, mate. LOL! You really don't get it.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 07:52 PM
Joined Aug 2008
70 Posts
"You havent been on these forums(posting) long enough to have the experience several of the members in this thread actually already DO have. Even if you've been flying for several years and just now joining forums, use some online etiquette."

I don't see anyone chiming in with any actual experience at anything except posting. I see a couple of guys endlessly criticizing products they have no actual experience with. That's the beginning and end of the story, isin't it?

"It's all junk!" but you've never actually owned one. Absurd.
warspite is offline Find More Posts by warspite
Old Aug 15, 2008, 07:53 PM View Post
warspite
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Obnoxious behavior). Show it to me anyway.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 07:59 PM
Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Joined Dec 2005
7,821 Posts
Quote:
Two guys with ten thousand posts and zero jets.
One guy with only 33 jets, but more than 33 jets.
Some just talk, some actually do the hobby.
Excuse me? Zero jets? Obviously you didnt read. Jeez. Already told you ive gotten EDF's from eflypower, infinty-hobby, hobbycity amoung other places. Also got a rather large 90MM EDF F-86, EPF F-14, HET ME-262, HET F-4, GWS ME-262, A-10, Kyosho F-16, Phase3 F-16 and on and on.
Some just talk...... and have NO real experience and especially no manners.

Anyhow....not gonna let this thread devolve into a crap fest.
Ignore is only a click away.
kahloq is offline Find More Posts by kahloq
Last edited by kahloq; Aug 16, 2008 at 02:25 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 08:11 PM View Post
warspite
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Obnoxious behavior). Show it to me anyway.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 10:33 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
You are not actually the market. You have not actually bought one airplane.

I see you put many posts up about the Sapac Gripen, saying you would buy it if it was only bare foam...but you never did. Even though they offered it. This F-4, you can get it in bare foam, too, where's yours?

As far as I can see, there is this world of the internet, where people who don't own and fly just talk and talk, and then there is the reality of the marketplace, where guys who actually buy don't talk so much. I've seen that with friends who make kits, or import models, you get a big list of guys who say they are going to buy something, and then when it comes time to actually pay, those guys are all gone.

Me, I buy them and I fly them. Lots of them. I'm glad to share my experiences if someone asks, but it's hard when all the threads about planes are cluttered up with misinformation, rumors, speculation, and nonsense from guys who just talk and don't buy.

The market for bare foam airframes is tiny compared to the market for RTF versions.
Son, what is your problem? You have your opinion and you are entitled to it as is everyone else. Can you discuss issues without being confrontational? Please don't make the mistake of being a "keyboard coward"; you would never talk like that to my face so don't be doing it from the safety and anonymity of your computer. It's not only disrespectful but downright cowardly. I've been involved in RC modeling probably longer than you have been alive and have actually designed and built models from scratch back in the days all models were a box of wood sticks and sheets you actually had to build. Oh and....btw, I did buy the Gripen; how in the world did you misread that? Just like your false information about the Hobby City/ArtTech fiasco, you got that one wrong also among many other things.

I politely asked you to stop trolling in this thread with your off-topic posts. I even gave you the link to the appropriate thread where you can go and try to convince everyone to buy all the $200 foamies like you foolishly did. This is the last time I will respond to your OT posts; the next time I will report you to admin and let them deal with you as you are clearly in violation of 1 or more forum rules.

Doubletap
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Aug 15, 2008, 10:46 PM
Wood flight decks, guns only!
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Nov 2007
1,073 Posts
Yes. Good grief, guys, I mean I enjoy a good spat as much as anybody, but this is out of hand and has gone well past the point of any shred of usefulness...not to mention waaaay off topic.

Let's get back to the F-4, and whether this $200+ foamie is worth it. Or, what would/could make it worth it. Or is the HL 70mm F-16 a better choice? Christmas will be here soon enough and I've got to get a wish-list together for Santa.

But dadgum, the way we're going on this thread lately, it could be moot...we'll all end up with a lump of coal.
VF84Sluggo is offline Find More Posts by VF84Sluggo
Old Aug 15, 2008, 10:59 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VF84Sluggo
Let's get back to the F-4, and whether this $200+ foamie is worth it. Or, what would/could make it worth it. Or is the HL 70mm F-16 a better choice? Christmas will be here soon enough and I've got to get a wish-list together for Santa.

But dadgum, the way we're going on this thread lately, it could be moot...we'll all end up with a lump of coal.
I think these two models (F-4 & F-16) are really nice in appearance and size. Because they are designed around a 70mm fan makes them very appealing to me from a performance standpoint. I would have jumped on the deal from E-flyPower for the bare airframe if it wasn't for the fact that Fly Fly Hobby is currently developing a 90mm fan F-4 which is the one I really want. After flying my Fly Fly F-86, it's hard to go back to flying the smaller ones although they are still lots of fun but the big powerful models just fly so spectacularly! I may eventually get both of these as they are really nice and for less than $150 delivered, the price is fair although at the upper end of what I believe one should pay for this size of foamy.

Hobby Lobby is having a free shipping deal right now so you could pickup up the PNP version for $250 shipped if you were so inclined.

Doubletap
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Aug 15, 2008, 11:24 PM
Joined Dec 2005
7,821 Posts
I think this HL F-4 will be a very quick flyer if one were to put the wemotec midifan and a 1400 watt LSJS in it.
or, use a medusa inrunner that can run on 6s and use two 3s 2200's in serial. That'll get it going.
Last edited by kahloq; Aug 15, 2008 at 11:31 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 11:29 PM
Joined Dec 2005
7,821 Posts
Quote:
Not you, the other two guys. I have not seen any input from you on this thread.It already was a crapfest.

Let's hear about the F-4, preferably from someone who actually owns one, or who might actually buy one.
Wow...really? Well, you just proved everyone's point relative to you. You obviously didnt read the thread at all.
Hmm....lets recap....post's by kahloq in THIS thread BEFORE you said squat:
Post # 13
Post # 20
Post # 26
Post # 34
Post # 39
Post # 44

DoubleTap, I like my Fly Fly F-86 too. Awesome size for an afforable EDF. Now, for an F-4 thats roughly the same size as that, for ME, it would have to be a twin to be scale since its large enough to do so. Since Fly Fly is doing it as a single 90mm fan, Im not so inclined to buy one. I pre-ordered the HL F-4 though simply because its one of my favorite Cold War era jets and dont have an F-4 yet.
See that War whatever your name is? "lets hear from someone that has one already or is planning on getting one" Hmmm seems like several in this thread actually fit that description. What was your point again? Oh right, you didnt have one that made sense.
Old Aug 16, 2008, 08:08 AM
Wood flight decks, guns only!
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Nov 2007
1,073 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap
I think these two models (F-4 & F-16) are really nice in appearance and size. Because they are designed around a 70mm fan makes them very appealing to me from a performance standpoint.
I just wish they'd have made the F-4 rudder operable like on the F-16.

The specs say the F-4 is 1 ounce lighter, but I wonder if any advantage here is offset by a spilt exhaust as compared to the F-16 (a true single-engine jet). But, does the nose gear strut in front of the intake on the F-16 disturb a smooth intake flow? Then again, fly the F-16 gear-less and eliminate this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahloq
I pre-ordered the HL F-4 though simply because its one of my favorite Cold War era jets and dont have an F-4 yet.
Exactly! There's just something about the Phantom. I was a Tomcat guy, but got to fly the F-4 on a month-long exchange with the USAF. I was like a kid with a new toy! Old jet with "steam" gages, sure...but damn, what a bad-ass machine.

Anyway, chasing my tail here, I know, and probably over things that hardly matter. As an EDF rookie, though, I ask to learn.
VF84Sluggo is offline Find More Posts by VF84Sluggo
Old Aug 16, 2008, 11:13 AM
Joined Feb 2006
7,405 Posts
I do like that the HL F-4 is slightly larger than the Edo F-4, but I do wish it had full flying elevators...... it would be more effecient and a bit more control during high alpha manouvers.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 10:21 AM
Rush
Joined May 2007
329 Posts
I own one. 4 flights so far. The stock battery is ok. I hate the 4.5 mins flight time though. Thats about 3.5 mins loops, low passes and circuits and another minute for final and landings. sucks when your a speed freak. and i dont think i can use a larger 4S 3700 FP lipo. I'm gonna have to dig out the foam but i'm not sure it'll CG correctly after. So i'm hesitant to go digging. i'll experiment with it over the week probably to see if i can fit it in just to get longer flight times.

Stock setup, 4s 2200 20C lipo (so they say) i get around 580 watts on it, 37 amps if i recall right. (needs a better fan i think).... CG is with the battery pushed back as far as it will go. I threw away the Y connector for the ailerons and decided to go separates for flapperon. Landing setup is flaps 50/ up elevator 50-60 on a DX7. Lands beautifully with flaps 50. will try flaps 100 tomorrow. It needs flaps. It'll glide forever without them. it lands quite fast as well...

Lots of thrust on this plane as it'll ROG very well. My Sapac T45 on 3S cant get off the ground but this one will jump off quickly. But in stock config, its no speed freak. My t45 flies faster....

I put a rudder on it. HS 65 installed under the tail section. I carefully removed the tail section so i could get to it.... then 5 min epoxy to put the tail section back. I think future owners need to remove the tail section as well as the glue is quite weak and may come off during a bad landing or maybe even in flight. I removed it easily and no foam came with it

2 good landing with high alpha and 2 crappy landings that broke foam. nothing 5 min epoxy wont fix... one landing in very high crosswinds and alot of wing rocking in very windy conditions.

yea.. and dont leave it in the sun. plastic nose cone melted very easily.... wat a pain...

But good jet... now if i could afford to put ina little 1400 screamer.. it would rock!

Rob
bunggorb is offline Find More Posts by bunggorb