HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 06, 2012, 07:25 PM
Grand Blanc, MI
Joined Jan 2007
481 Posts
I'm sure they'll be fine. I recieved mine today and they'll fit just fine. I start my build and upload pics sometime this week.
will3kgt is offline Find More Posts by will3kgt
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2012, 06:48 AM
Gorilla Glue Expert
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Sep 2010
2,871 Posts
Excellent job!

Now THAT is a beautiful execution - lot of mods to get it all in and stay maintainable. And still room for a 3300mAh! - fabulous.

Very impressed that you were able to get the mains in so tight without cutting thru to the intake duct. Have you flown it since the retract adds?

Very, very neat work.
PikeStaff is online now Find More Posts by PikeStaff
Old Mar 07, 2012, 07:30 AM
Patras, Greece
Joined May 2007
1,291 Posts
Hi PikeStaff.
Thanks for the kind words.
The maiden flight was with all mods shown. It has a Changesun 70 fan with Cyclone 3800 motor, Turnigy Plus 80A ESC and 7A BEC, all under the top removable hatch.
Nice model, predictable flight, landing like a feather.
Power to weight ratio is not 1:1 but has ample of power. Loops and rolls are fine.
Best
Takis
takiss is offline Find More Posts by takiss
Old Mar 07, 2012, 07:52 AM
Making a Dynam Razorback Snafu
Joined Apr 2006
4,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by takiss View Post
Hi.
I post some photos from my F-4 from HK.
Enjoy
Takis
Applause!!!!

Very well done!

Post a video when possible.
Tartago is online now Find More Posts by Tartago
Old Mar 07, 2012, 12:06 PM
Grand Blanc, MI
Joined Jan 2007
481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tartago View Post
Applause!!!!

Very well done!

Post a video when possible.
I totaly agree. Wonderful work. My retracts came in yesterday. Hopefully my build will be as clean as yours.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 01:06 PM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,868 Posts
I did same thing with same struts but used the strait struts from your front landing gear set.

The landing gear was REALLY REALLY stiff so I took the spring out and cut it down to 6 turns and pulled the spring out so the stop in the oleo would work and that made them twice as soft.

How did you get yours to balanced? Mine is nose heavy after all the mods but it take off in like 2 feet and flys like a bat out of hell.

I LOVE the steering wire idea of using only one wire and not have to use linkage stoppers at both ends
erh7771 is online now Find More Posts by erh7771
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 07, 2012, 01:30 PM
Patras, Greece
Joined May 2007
1,291 Posts
Hi.
As you can see, I added 25 g of lead to the tail for balancing at the manual recommended spot.
The take off was smooth and hopefully I will post a video asap.
One little helpful(?) trick is the addition of 2 pieces of soft rubber to both sides of the retract that guide the retracting leg to sit with the wheel in vertical position forcing the steering arm to be parallel to the floor.
Thanks once more for your kind comments
Takis
takiss is offline Find More Posts by takiss
Old Mar 07, 2012, 08:47 PM
Grand Blanc, MI
Joined Jan 2007
481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by takiss View Post
Hi.
As you can see, I added 25 g of lead to the tail for balancing at the manual recommended spot.
The take off was smooth and hopefully I will post a video asap.
One little helpful(?) trick is the addition of 2 pieces of soft rubber to both sides of the retract that guide the retracting leg to sit with the wheel in vertical position forcing the steering arm to be parallel to the floor.
Thanks once more for your kind comments
Takis
Can't wait to see the video. Once again, great work. I'm putting the electronics in mine now. Glad we brought this thread back to life.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 10:57 PM
Gorilla Glue Expert
Joined Sep 2010
2,871 Posts
Having just bought this airframe, I'm glad to see some life here too. 4 flights on it now, seems mighty nose-heavy at 148mm from the LE, but boy is it fast. I will put the Eagle Tree ASI back into it now, removed it for the maiden(s) just in case.

It also appears mighty sensitive to the ailerons too. Gonna up the expo to 30% from the current 20%. Also take out 1/2 oz. of the 1 oz. put into the nose and re-balance back at 152 - 154mm.

And. Will start praying for the winds to get under 8 mph, even if only for one day.
Old Mar 08, 2012, 06:01 PM
Grand Blanc, MI
Joined Jan 2007
481 Posts
Winds are really high here in MI as well. Next week should be in the 50s and 60s.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 09:54 AM
Gorilla Glue Expert
Joined Sep 2010
2,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by will3kgt View Post
I'm sure they'll be fine. I recieved mine today and they'll fit just fine. I start my build and upload pics sometime this week.
Get 'em in yet? Would like to know how you've made out.

Despite the plane looking me in the face, I haven't even begun on mine. Looks like mid-April before there's enough time to get going.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 09:42 PM
Grand Blanc, MI
Joined Jan 2007
481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PikeStaff View Post
Get 'em in yet? Would like to know how you've made out.

Despite the plane looking me in the face, I haven't even begun on mine. Looks like mid-April before there's enough time to get going.
I got them a week ago. I've been so busy flying I haven't time to finish it up. The weather is freakishly warm here in Michigan.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 06:30 AM
Gorilla Glue Expert
Joined Sep 2010
2,871 Posts
Lookin good!

I've got a buddy who lives waaay north in Mich - called me early this week to tell me he has NO snow on the ground, and nearly 80* weather. Freakish is an excellent description.

Thanks for the pics - looks great. Got everything in hand to start my install, missing only free time to do it. I will post up pics when I get going.