I'll be doing a E nose too.
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2008, 03:50 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,297 Posts
Nice CN Can't wait to see you get after it!
rvincent is offline Find More Posts by rvincent
Old Aug 02, 2008, 09:08 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Let's see....

Plane $111.25
Fan: $9.85
Motor: $32.00
50A ESC: $11.29
4 x HXT900 9g servos: $13.80

Total: $178.19

I have plenty of good 4S 2200mAh 25C batts but if I wanted more, they are $43 shipped.

Darn good deal. Plus I'm getting far better performance and better quality components that what is included with the "PNP" model.

Doubletap
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Last edited by Doubletap; Aug 16, 2008 at 09:31 AM.
Old Aug 02, 2008, 09:15 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,617 Posts
Looking forward to your build there CN!
Bajora is offline Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 06, 2008, 07:46 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,825 Posts
sorry guys, antoher project came up, and i need to sell the F-4. heres a few pics though....im VERY impresed with it! probably the BEST foamy EDF ARF ive ever seen. heres a link to the add as well.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post10296084
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Aug 13, 2008, 12:56 PM
United States, VA, Suffolk
Joined Nov 2007
1,029 Posts
I had one of these for about 2 laps. It was flying great for one lap then it went banana's in a left turn back towards the runway. It pitched over and rolled violently. I powered back and recovered. I was too high to land on that pass, so I went for another lap, not to be. Another left hand turn away from the runway(actual taxiway parallel to the fullscale runway) and out over the main runway, it did the same thing, this time without recovering. It hit straight down on asphalt. The 4S pack was about an inch shorter than it was at takeoff. The best we can tell is that whole tail section came loose. I noticed that it a so-so feel for it, but I pulled and yanked and it never let go, and after all it is still just a foamie. The post crash inspection revealed that only two spots of glue truly held the entire tail on and they were installed AFTER it was painted. The paint pulled right off of the foam. The tail was still attached to the plane via servo wires an stickers, but that was it. I will get another airframe when they become available. It was quite fast for a foamie, and it looked like the real deal in the air!!!
Jeff
RIP F-4
Its fan will go into an HET Skyray now.
jhaywood is offline Find More Posts by jhaywood
Last edited by jhaywood; Aug 13, 2008 at 12:58 PM. Reason: typo
Old Aug 13, 2008, 05:57 PM
Miami,FL
Joined Jun 2007
763 Posts
Were you using the stock setup?
rick88ss is offline Find More Posts by rick88ss
Old Aug 14, 2008, 04:17 AM
Joined Aug 2008
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaywood
I had one of these for about 2 laps. It was flying great for one lap then it went banana's in a left turn back towards the runway. It pitched over and rolled violently. I powered back and recovered. I was too high to land on that pass, so I went for another lap, not to be. Another left hand turn away from the runway(actual taxiway parallel to the fullscale runway) and out over the main runway, it did the same thing, this time without recovering. It hit straight down on asphalt. The 4S pack was about an inch shorter than it was at takeoff. The best we can tell is that whole tail section came loose. I noticed that it a so-so feel for it, but I pulled and yanked and it never let go, and after all it is still just a foamie. The post crash inspection revealed that only two spots of glue truly held the entire tail on and they were installed AFTER it was painted. The paint pulled right off of the foam. The tail was still attached to the plane via servo wires an stickers, but that was it. I will get another airframe when they become available. It was quite fast for a foamie, and it looked like the real deal in the air!!!
Jeff
RIP F-4
Its fan will go into an HET Skyray now.
Hi.

Have one of these too. Did you have any CG issues?
primaveralaw is offline Find More Posts by primaveralaw
Old Aug 14, 2008, 04:19 AM
Joined Aug 2008
16 Posts
Jeff:

I confirm that the tail does come loose. I epoxied it in place.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 11:08 AM
United States, VA, Suffolk
Joined Nov 2007
1,029 Posts
It was completely stock except that I had my JR 10x and JR rx in it.
I had no CG issues. It took off nice, needed some up trim, never got a chance to check slow flight or landing though.
Another thing that leads me to beleive the tail came off was that fact that I trimmed the elevator and aileron on the first downwind pass, then after the first nutso episode, it needed way more up. I didn't thing anything of it until way after the crash.

Jeff
jhaywood is offline Find More Posts by jhaywood
Old Aug 14, 2008, 03:28 PM
Joined Aug 2008
16 Posts
Thanks Jeff. We will maiden ours this weekend.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 03:44 PM
Miami,FL
Joined Jun 2007
763 Posts
Did it fly fast while it lasted? How fast would you say it flew with the stock setup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaywood
It was completely stock except that I had my JR 10x and JR rx in it.
I had no CG issues. It took off nice, needed some up trim, never got a chance to check slow flight or landing though.
Another thing that leads me to beleive the tail came off was that fact that I trimmed the elevator and aileron on the first downwind pass, then after the first nutso episode, it needed way more up. I didn't thing anything of it until way after the crash.

Jeff
Old Aug 14, 2008, 03:49 PM
Miami,FL
Joined Jun 2007
763 Posts
What fan,motor, and ESC are you referring to?
You also need to add the shipping cost of the plane and the shipping cost of the parts. But still a good deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap
Let's see....

Plane $111.25
Fan: $9.85
Motor: $32.00
50A ESC: $11.29
4 x HXT900 9g servos: $13.80

Total: $178.19

I have plenty of good 4S 2200mAh 25C batts but if I wanted more, they are $43 shipped.

Damn good deal. Plus I'm getting far better performance and better quality components that what is included with the "PNP" model.

Doubletap
Old Aug 14, 2008, 05:08 PM
Joined Aug 2008
70 Posts
Does not sound like such a great deal...costs $50 to ship a model like that from the Far East, plus the battery...seems like you are paying more than you would from Hobby Lobby.
You are putting in really cheapo components, too, $3 servos and an $11 ESC, doubt they are any better, if not worse, than those that come with the plane.
I'm not really understanding what a bargain this is, but maybe I am missing something.

$111 for the bare airframe, and $50 shipping, save $100 or so if you already have the components, sounds okay, but not really a bargain...guess there is no free lunch.
warspite is offline Find More Posts by warspite
Old Aug 14, 2008, 06:19 PM
Joined May 2006
8,108 Posts
Decent HXT 900 servos are only $3.
Socomon is offline Find More Posts by Socomon