SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by SPasierb, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 06:28 PM
No substitute for aspect ratio
Norwalk, CT aka the Nutmeg State -- I just can't seem to find any %$#@! nutmeg here?
Joined Nov 2003
2,260 Posts
Gallery
Birds of War

Okay, how about some actual combat aircraft!? A few more of my "too many" shots from Warbirds Over Delaware. Some sweet A-1 Skyraiders, P-51, P-47, P-40. And, some damn fine formation flying -- or close to it. Joy!

Can I get a ?
SPasierb is offline Find More Posts by SPasierb
Last edited by SPasierb; Jul 21, 2008 at 07:15 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2008, 09:07 PM
Fly it like U stole it
Champaign, Il
Joined Mar 2008
2,418 Posts
Great pics, that jug in the last group is oh so nice. Any idea on info for any of these birds,pilot, builder, build logs?
Pickle72 is offline Find More Posts by Pickle72
Old Jul 17, 2008, 10:01 PM
Norwalk, CT aka the Nutmeg State -- I just can't seem to find any %$#@! nutmeg here?
Joined Nov 2003
2,260 Posts
Sorry, I did not. I was bouncing all around and trying to do some flying myself. I got into rabid shooting mode. Here are a few more beauty shots of that one...
Old Jul 21, 2008, 08:18 AM
Team Basement RC
Toronto, Canada
Joined Jul 2004
430 Posts
Jeeps! excellent photos of excellent models. the first pictures I saw were the ones of the 4 aircraft in formation. I had to look close, and said "those are real"

Then i found your blog, and saw the other pix- These are MODELS!!! wow. Great formation flying fooled me! Good work by the pilots, excellent photos form the cameraman!
max1 is offline Find More Posts by max1
Old Jul 21, 2008, 09:07 AM
Joined Nov 2003
2,260 Posts
Thanks so much. You are on to my goal -- to try and make the photographs look like real aircraft when possible. The builders put so much into the models to make them accurate, the least I can do is not betray the scale fidelity.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 11:20 AM
Suspended Account
Mercer Co. PA
Joined Mar 2008
825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle72
Great pics, that jug in the last group is oh so nice. Any idea on info for any of these birds,pilot, builder, build logs?
The Jug was in a mag, within the last year I believe.
I'd have to look through a stack to find it though.

Bill
EDF30 is offline Find More Posts by EDF30
Old Jul 21, 2008, 06:43 PM
MultipleCrashSurvivor
USA, HI, Honolulu
Joined Jan 2003
2,886 Posts
Nice pics, thanks for sharing. That Jug really does look good, you got some really good shots.
drksyd is offline Find More Posts by drksyd
Old Jul 21, 2008, 07:47 PM
Joined Nov 2003
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by max1
Jeeps! excellent photos of excellent models. the first pictures I saw were the ones of the 4 aircraft in formation. I had to look close, and said "those are real"

Then i found your blog, and saw the other pix- These are MODELS!!! wow. Great formation flying fooled me! Good work by the pilots, excellent photos form the cameraman!

Ain't that the way, the models look real and the real airplanes look like models? Go figure. A few more megapixels in the new camera makes all the difference. THESE are real warbirds...
Old Jul 21, 2008, 10:14 PM
We create difference!
China
Joined Dec 2007
62 Posts
Unbeliverable! also I got some real fighter photos from website for sharing.
henry.liu is offline Find More Posts by henry.liu