HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 08, 2010, 10:34 PM
agony sweetns the victory
atjurhs's Avatar
Any Flying Field Across America
Joined Jul 2005
3,515 Posts
No worries Jack. They'll send it back in tip top working order!

Were you able to save the setup data for your planes? I just bought one of the JR datasaver kits for $50 in hopes it will keep me from loosing my planes' mixes???
atjurhs is offline Find More Posts by atjurhs
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 08, 2010, 11:54 PM
Flightcomp.com
ak79's Avatar
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Apr 2006
1,685 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atjurhs View Post
Once you get which joiner fits which joiner box nicely all figured out, I then paint the ends of my joiners with white-out (or any other white paint). After it dries, using a Sharpie, I mark an "R" or an "L" on the end of the joiners and the word "in" on the end of the joiner that goes inboard toward the fuse. This way I always get the same joiner in the same joiner box with the same orientation.

It works for me.....
Good tip, im gonna do the same.
ak79 is offline Find More Posts by ak79
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2010, 12:29 AM
"I want more air time!"
Eternalflight's Avatar
Joined May 2008
1,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
My 9303 crapped out after 2 rounds at SWC. I sent it to Horizon 2 weeks ago. I sent it snail mail. They have it, and I'm sure it will be fixed and back to me soon.

Jack
Jack,
Tell me more, how did it go out, did you notice anything unusual with it before it went out.

Last summer my 2.4 9303 went out. My mistake was I had left the radio on over night by mistake. I re charged it and then used it for about 3 flights. When switching to a newer plane and changing over the program I then noticed some of the listings of my planes had changed. But everything on the plane was working.
Minutes later line by line all the info on the screen disapeared till there was nothing. "I was glad the Xplorer was not in the air"

Horizon took good care of me, and replaced the main board.
Did I have Data back -up ...Yes! But that was lost 2 months before the radio issue when my PC Crashed just before we moved.
Electronics...Ugh!

Now I am paranoid of leaving the radio on by mistake and double check frequently.
Eternalflight is offline Find More Posts by Eternalflight
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eternalflight; Mar 09, 2010 at 12:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2010, 08:26 AM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
schrederman's Avatar
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,792 Posts
On Friday afternoon, I flew numerous times, and flew both Xplorers, and the Journey... no problems. On Saturday morning, I flew 2 rounds, flying the big Xplorer and teh Journey in RES. When I turned the radio on in cruise mode for the 3rd round, the flaps went to 80 degrees, when the stick was in the 0-degrees position. The elevator trim was funky, too. I turned it off and turned it back on... same thing. Oddly, the other flight modes were correct. I tried the Journey and things weren't right there, either. I assembled the 3.5-meter Xplorer, and same story... trims all over the place. I decided not to chance an airplane, and dropped out.

Jack
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2010, 05:28 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
schrederman's Avatar
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,792 Posts
Got notice that my 9303 is shipped back my direction. I also have a new SD-10-G coming. I have enjoyed the 9303 so much that I will not know which way I'm going to go until I get them back and start learning the 10-G. Service from both seems to be almost legendary... We'll have to wait and see. I've never owned an Airtronics radio. I've been flying JR and Hitec since 2000. The Eclipse 7 was OK, but the 9303 blew it away. I hope the weather holds out for this weekend's club contest in Albuquerque... I didn't get my flying fix in Phoenix... so my 2 Xploders and the Journey will get a workout this weekend... weather permitting...

Jack
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2010, 11:55 PM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
webbsolution's Avatar
Joined Jul 2007
3,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
Got notice that my 9303 is shipped back my direction. I also have a new SD-10-G coming. I have enjoyed the 9303 so much that I will not know which way I'm going to go until I get them back and start learning the 10-G. Service from both seems to be almost legendary... We'll have to wait and see. I've never owned an Airtronics radio. I've been flying JR and Hitec since 2000. The Eclipse 7 was OK, but the 9303 blew it away. I hope the weather holds out for this weekend's club contest in Albuquerque... I didn't get my flying fix in Phoenix... so my 2 Xploders and the Journey will get a workout this weekend... weather permitting...

Jack
If you don't love your SD-10G in a significant way over your 9303...I will take it off your hands

You think YOU hope the weather holds? this weekend is the Canadian F3J team selects....today it snowed a little...lol

Xploder, Shadows and an Orca and my SD-10 booya!
webbsolution is online now Find More Posts by webbsolution
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2010, 08:10 AM
Daryl Perkins's Avatar
United States, VA, Falls Church
Joined Mar 2007
1,368 Posts
Good luck at the TS Dave!!! Have fun!
Daryl Perkins is offline Find More Posts by Daryl Perkins
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2010, 10:13 AM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
webbsolution's Avatar
Joined Jul 2007
3,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl Perkins View Post
Good luck at the TS Dave!!! Have fun!
Thanks man! should be a good time hopefully things come together and I can get over to France and we can grab a cold one!
webbsolution is online now Find More Posts by webbsolution
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2010, 11:03 AM
Registered User
Stamford, CT
Joined Feb 2002
474 Posts
Jack - I'd like to try the SD-10-G too. A couple of my friends have them and they look really nice. I used to fly a Stylus, so I'm kinda partial to Airtronics. My only problem is that Airtronics was late to 2.4 party, and I started with the 9303. The 9303 is decent, but I suspect the SD-10-G may be slightly better. Because of the proprietary nature of 2.4 though, none of my expensive JR receivers will work with the Airtronics box. So, alas, I'll probably never get to try the Airtronics system in any of my planes. I'm not willing to make a big $ investment in new receivers. Good luck with yours. Let us know how you like it.

George
SaltyOne is offline Find More Posts by SaltyOne
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2010, 12:45 PM
RIP MC
fnnwizard's Avatar
United States, CA, Midway City
Joined Dec 2003
3,269 Posts
Mis-posted..
fnnwizard is online now Find More Posts by fnnwizard
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2010, 12:51 PM
Challenge is rewarding
djklein21's Avatar
San Diego, CA
Joined Aug 2004
5,527 Posts
Selling off all of my old JR stuff made the swap from JR 2.4 to Airtronics feel like 1/2 price.

It was well worth it. I did not realize how much lack of programming flexibility in the 9303 held me back. every week, I do something new with my SD-10G that I had not even considered previously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyOne View Post
Jack - I'd like to try the SD-10-G too. A couple of my friends have them and they look really nice. I used to fly a Stylus, so I'm kinda partial to Airtronics. My only problem is that Airtronics was late to 2.4 party, and I started with the 9303. The 9303 is decent, but I suspect the SD-10-G may be slightly better. Because of the proprietary nature of 2.4 though, none of my expensive JR receivers will work with the Airtronics box. So, alas, I'll probably never get to try the Airtronics system in any of my planes. I'm not willing to make a big $ investment in new receivers. Good luck with yours. Let us know how you like it.

George
djklein21 is online now Find More Posts by djklein21
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2010, 02:28 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
schrederman's Avatar
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,792 Posts
My 9303 is due back today, and the SD-10-G should be here tomorrow... I am one of those change-resistant hardheads... I mean, look how long it took me to go to molded sailplanes... If it's more flexible and allows me to do some things... easily... I'm in with the Airtronics. If it's hard... I have ashort attention span... I'll certainly try it for a while. I'm actually kind of excited... Can't you tell?

Jack... AKA Darth Windbag
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2010, 04:44 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2005
75 Posts
Jack
If you could program the 9303 then the 10G will be a piece of cake with benefits
Jeff
jml724 is offline Find More Posts by jml724
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2010, 04:49 PM
Detail Freak
target's Avatar
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,672 Posts
If you can program an EVO, maybe you can get the 10 to serve you that piece of cake...
target is offline Find More Posts by target
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2010, 09:29 PM
"I want more air time!"
Eternalflight's Avatar
Joined May 2008
1,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
My 9303 is due back today, and the SD-10-G should be here tomorrow... I am one of those change-resistant hardheads... I mean, look how long it took me to go to molded sailplanes... If it's more flexible and allows me to do some things... easily... I'm in with the Airtronics. If it's hard... I have ashort attention span... I'll certainly try it for a while. I'm actually kind of excited... Can't you tell?

Jack... AKA Darth Windbag

Jack,
Did they give you a call and let you know what they had found with the JR 9303?
Bet your having fun reprograming your favorite planes about now.
Ken
Eternalflight is offline Find More Posts by Eternalflight
RCG Plus Member
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion RADINA 2 by NAN models Pinci Hand Launch 38 Feb 11, 2009 12:58 AM
Question Speed 1.5 /Nan Models. Alex Mini 1.5 setup question Broncomech Slope 20 Jul 23, 2008 09:47 PM
Discussion Nan Models Shadow ( sorry for the mistake ) Chipwillis Thermal 56 Apr 19, 2007 04:44 PM