HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jan 30, 2003, 01:43 AM
Elimäki Finland
Joined Jan 2003
279 Posts
AXI motors & Pay Pal

Can anyone tell me where I can buy an AXI 2820/12 motor and speed controller and pay by Pay Pal? Prefer Europe as it avoids paying duty, but I have sold some heli parts and have money in my Pay Pal account and want to use it for this motor!

Thanks!
David Smith is offline Find More Posts by David Smith
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2003, 05:51 AM
Stockholm, Sweden
Joined Jul 2002
1,249 Posts
Ceck with Puffin Models if they can take PayPal, they are great.
http://www.puffinmodels.com/

// Fredrik Wergeland
Sweden
www.flyingmodels.org
Fredrik W is offline Find More Posts by Fredrik W
Old Jan 30, 2003, 09:23 AM
Elimäki Finland
Joined Jan 2003
279 Posts
Yes, it seems they can! So that'äs where my motor is coming from.

Cheers!
Old Jan 31, 2003, 05:28 PM
Joined Jan 2002
109 Posts
If you haven't ordered yet, consider Aircraft-World, which has PayPal, AXI's, and a good reputation:

http://www.aircraft-world.com/products.asp?id=16
Downwind is offline Find More Posts by Downwind
Old Feb 01, 2003, 12:01 AM
Elimäki Finland
Joined Jan 2003
279 Posts
Thanks for the link, but I had already ordered from Puffin in England. By the time shipping, tax and duty are added, I think the British price will be lower.

Cheers,
Old Feb 01, 2003, 06:33 AM
Bristol, England
Joined Aug 2000
2,077 Posts
David, as you know, your order was on it's way yesterday using "Swift Air" insured and recorded service. I think you will also like the Model Motors ESC that is really quite compact (but with good heat sinks) and has such a fantastic BEC system that I stopped flying with a timer so long ago - customers have also praised it for it's ability when running at part throttle.

Downwind, I like to think that we have an excellent reputation for advice and service on the entire Model Motors range - I work VERY closely with the factory. We also make a point of ensuring that orders are in the post (or with the carrier for kits) same day despite the fact that 3 to 5 is the busiest time of the day for us. And guess who does the final translation on the Model Motors catalogues and instructions

Back to work!
John
John E is offline Find More Posts by John E
Old Feb 01, 2003, 06:44 AM
Elimäki Finland
Joined Jan 2003
279 Posts
Quote:
And guess who does the final translation on the Model Motors catalogues and instructions
..so guess who'll be reading them very carefully, then! I provide a similar service to Finnish companies exporting to the English-speaking world.

Shame my new motor won't have a model to call home a for a while, but even if it did, there's precious little chance of flying it, -25C here today. Not exactly my definition of flying weather!
Old Feb 01, 2003, 07:12 AM
East Anglia, UK
Joined Sep 2002
29,703 Posts
I had a puzzling flight just now - about 2 degrees C...tha model flew very well, and the pack came out hotter than usual.

I wonder if the cold air is loading up the prop more?
vintage1 is offline Find More Posts by vintage1
Old Feb 01, 2003, 07:31 AM
living in Japan member
Belgium (Europe)
Joined Oct 2002
393 Posts
does anyone knows of an european shop where I can pay by paypall end order the mega 16/15/4 ? (or equivalent brushless motor)
I m still looking for a brushless motor for my zagi to use with li-ploy packs
the 16/15/4 was my best guess as it seams to me a rather versatile motor (I can not afford to buy multiple brushless motors so I aim to have an allrounder first)
anatak is offline Find More Posts by anatak
Old Feb 01, 2003, 08:27 AM
Bristol, England
Joined Aug 2000
2,077 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by anatak
does anyone knows of an european shop where I can pay by paypall end order the mega 16/15/4 ?
Guess where OK, they arrive in about 2 weeks.

I should also say that we have decided to concentrate on providing a range of first class electric flight products for the UK market (and the service to go with them), and although we are happy to help overseas customers, we will not be actively seeking overseas customers in future.
Old Feb 01, 2003, 08:40 AM
Stockholm, Sweden
Joined Jul 2002
1,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by David Smith
I think you will also like the Model Motors ESC that is really quite compact (but with good heat sinks) and has such a fantastic BEC system
David, I have problem with using my Model Motor ESC below -2 Celcsius. It could go from 0 to full trottle and back again sveral times without any inputs from me. No such problems as long as the ESC is warm.

Have you any experience of cold-weater flying and MM:s ESC?

// Fredrik Wergeland
Sweden
www.flyingmodels.org
Old Feb 01, 2003, 08:46 AM
Elimäki Finland
Joined Jan 2003
279 Posts
Fredrik, I am afraid you have mis-attributed that quote, it was John's, not mine!

I have absolutely no experience with any of the Model Motors range as yet, my AXI was ordered only yesterday. To tell the truth, although I have been flying models of various sorts for 30 years or so, I have yet to fly an electric. It is a new year's resolution of mine to extend myself and try new ideas, so I am! For the last 3 years I have flown nothing but helicopters, now I am trying to sell a couple of helis to subsidise my new models.
Last edited by David Smith; Feb 01, 2003 at 09:59 AM.
Old Feb 01, 2003, 09:38 AM
Stockholm, Sweden
Joined Jul 2002
1,249 Posts
Oh, Sorry! Yes, that question was inteded for John E!

BTW. I have made some extensive tests with the AXI-motors. In a few days I will upload my tests to my site. It will be a part of the "Giant Electric Motor Test", stay tuned.

// Fredrik Wergeland
Sweden
www.flyingmodels.org
Old Feb 01, 2003, 10:07 AM
Bristol, England
Joined Aug 2000
2,077 Posts
Fredrik,

Unfortunately I have been far too busy with work to do in the warm so I have not had the opportunity to go out flying in sub zero temperatures.

I just received an E-mail from my agent at RCM-Pelikan saying that he just had a most enjoyable (despite his frozen fingers!) 40 minute plus flight with the same ESC in his Elegant - but I am not sure what temperature it is in the Czech Republic today.

I will feed back your experience.
Old Feb 01, 2003, 12:26 PM
coventry uk
Joined Nov 2002
824 Posts
if you want a mega 16-15-4 try www.gordontarling.co.uk
he takes paypal and has some offers on last time i looked.
also its best to email .
t.nollett is offline Find More Posts by t.nollett
Closed Thread