HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Flyhuge, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 10:19 AM
Houston, Texas
Joined Oct 2005
123 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
Sold
Airwolf Large Scale Electric RC Helicopter Ready-to-Fly

SOLD

I have for sale a very nice Ready-To-Fly electric Airwolf. I own 6 helicopters and Airwolf is by far my biggest attention grabber of them all. It is a blast to fly and show at events. This one here it is ready to go – Just bind your Spektrum or JR9303 transmitter. I am using the JR9303 2.4Ghz and will provide my transmitter settings with the model to help with quick setup. Model is setup for quick charge and flying. Just charge batteries and fly - no covers or screws need to be removed for this.

Asking $1500

Power System Includes:
Castle Creations 85HV ESC
Hacker A50-12S (Latest version)
FlightPower EVO -10S Lipos (2x5S 3700Mah Packs – About 35 total flights on packs)

Radio System Includes:
Futaba 9252 Servos (3 for Cyclic)
Futaba 401 Gyro
Futaba 9254 Tail Servo
Spektrum AR7000 with remote receiver
UBEC (Ultimate BEC)

Fuselage Includes:
Airwolf fuselage painted black / white
Fully working retracts (runs on 3 servos)
All original fins and guns
Raptor 50 SE carbon plate underneath for model strength and looks

Blades (Will include if price isn’t to low):
Align Trex600 Tail blades
Curtis Youngblood 600mm Radix Blades

Raptor 50SE Mechanics:
eCCPM Conversion
Electric 10S High-Power setup Conversion
Tail servo Carbon mount for strength and moves servo off tail boom
Metal head parts for strength and looks

I built this model about 2 years ago. The mechanics used for this model is Raptor 50 SE converted to run eCCPM and high-power 10S electric setup making these mechanics very universal and powerful for all scales this size. The model was built for easy removal of mechanics (can be removed in 15 minutes easily) and I just went thru and did preventive service on all the mechanics few weeks ago for this sale. Model has had about 5 flights since. Flight time is 8-10 minutes. I suggest flying 5 minutes during hot summer months to keep motor from over heating. The Lipo Flightpower packs are installed and stay in the model. Battery power plugs are easy to get to for charging and balancer taps have extension for easy balancing. Side windows are removed for cooling and to easily connect batteries for flight and charging. The fuselage paint job is very nice its just not perfect. The align and Curtis blades on the Heli look the best due to the white and black color schemes This Model cost about $3000 to build. Reasonable offers only.

Buyer only needs to provide own JR 2.4Ghz or spectrum transmitter since model includes receiver already. Receiver of course can be removed from package for those who want to use their own receiver. Photos showing the mechanics before installation show 72Mhz receiver. The receiver that is currently installed is a newer 2.4Ghz Specktrum.

Paypal or Money Order only Please (Check will be ok for this sale but will hold until it clears) – Will Ship 48USA – Add $75 for Shipping. I plan to ship the entire helicopter as shown in the photos assembled - rear fin will be removed.

Thanks, Doug
Flyhuge is offline Find More Posts by Flyhuge
Last edited by Flyhuge; Jul 19, 2008 at 05:41 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2008, 10:38 AM
United States, PA, Monroeville
Joined Aug 2007
69 Posts
Trader Rating: 38
WOW is all i can say. Im not ready for a heli this big, so here is a free bump and good luck with the sale.
GOOBERSEPTEMBER is offline Find More Posts by GOOBERSEPTEMBER
Old Jul 13, 2008, 11:55 AM
Bush Pilots Bounce Higher
USA, IL, Champaign
Joined Dec 2006
4,309 Posts
Trader Rating: 55
Bumps won't work in the for sale sections...

But it really is nice looking and a excellent price !
Spidious is offline Find More Posts by Spidious
Old Jul 13, 2008, 05:04 PM
TP 1.21 Gigawatt Needed
Hendersonville, NC
Joined Jul 2005
1,103 Posts
Trader Rating: 25
Wow, Wow and WOW

Amazing Helicopter and you fly it in front of your house. If I owned a Hobby Shop
this is the Model to have in your store front Window.
MikeBiv is offline Find More Posts by MikeBiv
Old Jul 14, 2008, 08:58 AM
Houston, Texas
Joined Oct 2005
123 Posts
Thanks fellas - now who wants to own AirWolf!?

- Doug
Old Jul 16, 2008, 03:08 PM
Houston, Texas
Joined Oct 2005
123 Posts
For Sale - Airwolf Large Scale Electric RC Helicopter UPDATE

Thanks all for the postive feedback.

- Doug
Closed Thread