HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 12, 2008, 12:53 PM
Swinger. Heli and planks!
United States, OR, Foster
Joined Mar 2007
945 Posts
Discussion
How do I change this lead? or do I just need adapter?

I have a DN power 450mah battery that I need to have the chage/blance lead changed to what my charger takes. The DN power has 4 wires going to it, ones I need only have three going to them, it has a lead that looks like this.

but I need the balance/charge lead that looks like the ones on Ace Power or Great planes. that looks like this

BennettOZ84 is offline Find More Posts by BennettOZ84
Last edited by BennettOZ84; Jul 12, 2008 at 06:10 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2008, 01:08 PM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
8,208 Posts
My best guess based on the photos. This assumes that the DN Power battery that you want to convert is the one in your top photo.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s..._-_Male_JST_2S

I don't have any DN Power batteries so hopefully someone will verify. From the XUS website it appears that they're now using JST-XH connectors on their balance taps...

No matter what adapter you get, remember to make sure that you check polarity with a volt meter before plugging into a charger or balancer to avoid catastrophe.

Mark
mrforsyth is online now Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 12, 2008, 06:05 PM
Joined Mar 2007
945 Posts
OK, There has to be a adapter out there some place, I am just not sure what I am looking for. Do I need to take better pics so you all know what I am looking for? Sorry I dont know the names of the different charge/balance taps, The DN power has 4 wires and the tap has a little clip on it, the others I have, such as great planes and Acepower battiers have the 3 wires and have two little "guides" or ridges on the taps.

And does anyone know of a place that is USA based? so I dont have to wait 14 days for my product to arrive from china.

Thanks
Old Jul 13, 2008, 12:00 AM
Joined Mar 2007
945 Posts
Ok, looks like this might be what I need, can anyone confirm this before I order it.

http://www.ritehobby.com/Reversed-Ad...-Polymer-Packs
Old Jul 13, 2008, 02:24 AM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
8,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennettOZ84
Ok, looks like this might be what I need, can anyone confirm this before I order it.

http://www.ritehobby.com/Reversed-Ad...-Polymer-Packs
No. That appears to be a polarity reversal adapter for a three conductor (2S) JST-XH plug. From your photo, it appears as though you need either a Hyperion or Thunder Power to JST-XH adapter. Recommend that you contact the merchant where you purchased your battery to confirm.
mrforsyth is online now Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member